Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lina Bolanos (38) and her partner Richard Field (49) had their throats slit in their apartment

Lina Bolanos (38) and her partner Richard Field (49) had their throats slit in their apartment

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017...heir_apartment

Will be interesting to see more about this - I wonder how he knew them?

A suspect has been arrested in the slaying of the doctors, and police say he engaged in a shootout with police when they arrived at the condo. Bampumim Teixeira is accused of committing the murders. Police say he engaged in a gun battle with police who arrived at the scene, Boston police say. Authorities then discovered the bodies of Linda Bolanos, 38, and Richard Field, 49, who were engaged anesthesiologists who had traveled the world together. Their throats were cut, according to local several media reports. The scene was a particularly bloody and grisly one, and the police commissioner said in a news conference that arriving police were shaken by the entire incident. The Boston Globe revealed a series of bizarre details at the crime scene, although police have not yet confirmed them. The murderer tied up the doctors' hands, and then cut up the doctors' photos throughout the condo, the Globe reported. He also left "a message of retribution" on the wall, although it wasn't clear what it said, and there was blood on the condo's walls, according to the newspaper.

BOSTON (AP) — Two engaged Boston doctors found dead this weekend inside the penthouse of a luxury condominium building most likely knew their killer, police say.

Dr. Lina Bolanos and Dr. Richard Field were found dead Friday night by police at the Macallen Building in South Boston and police say they believe the man suspected of their deaths knew them. Boston police have not said how the couple were killed or provided a motive in the case.

Bolanos, 38, was a pediatric anesthesiologist at Massachusetts Eye and Ear, according to its website, and an instructor at Harvard Medical School. Field, 49, also an anesthesiologist, worked at North Shore Pain Management.

Police had gone to the building on a report of a man with a gun. Police Commissioner William B. Evans said the suspect opened fire when officers confronted him at the door. He said police fired back and hit the man several times.

After the shootings, the suspect was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries. The officers weren’t hurt.

Authorities expect to file multiple charges against 30-year-old Bampumim Teixeira, of Chelsea. His arraignment is scheduled for Monday. The Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office said Teixeira has a pair of larceny convictions on his record. In June of last year, Teixeira passed a note demanding money at a Boston bank. He committed the same crime two years earlier.

The office didn’t know Sunday if he had an attorney who could speak on his behalf.

On its Facebook page, North Shore Pain Management called Field “instrumental in the creation of this practice” and that his death “leaves an inescapable void in all of us.”

Bolanos’ godfather, Michael Gibbs, told The Boston Globe that she and Field were “good, kind, gentle people.”

“Hopefully, this guy that they caught will be able to say who he is and why this was done,” Gibbs said. “That’s all we’re hoping, is to get some kind of information. Why did this happen?”

On behalf of Massachusetts Eye and Ear, CEO John Fernandez expressed sadness over the deaths of both doctors.

“The entire Mass. Eye and Ear community is deeply saddened by the deaths of Dr. Lina Bolanos and her fiance,” he said on the practice’s website. “Dr. Bolanos was an outstanding pediatric anesthesiologist and a wonderful colleague in the prime of both her career and life.”

http://www.wcbi.com/police-2-doctors...knew-killer-3/

Sorry for the double.

Here's Richards's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richard.fie...1%3A1494218638

And here's Lina's: https://www.facebook.com/linabol

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Richard worked at a pain clinic so I wonder if that is how Bampumim Teixeira knew him/them. Maybe he was a patient there.

That name, Bampumim, made me think of Rumplestiltskin for some reason.

So, she was smoking hot. I expected to see your typical doctor type. Not in the best shape and not really attractive.
    I think Bam maybe had an obsession with Lina, since the couples pictures were all cut up. Maybe knew her from some classes she taught at Harvard.

Too sad some asshole they probably didn't even know existed murdered them. They looked really in love and had great jobs and income to have adventures when they had time off.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.daily...lp-killed.html

So seems they knew the guy, but police won't say how.
    He was a former security guard. There goes my Harvard theory. Maybe he was a guard at one of their previous homes?

Yeah, she was very pretty.

They seemed to really enjoy life and traveling

Here is BamBam in the hospital -

https://www.facebook.com/WorldNewsTo...type=2&theater
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Did he think they had money in their condo and was pissed when they didn't?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

He looks so little in that hospital bed. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    DA says the suspect didn't shoot at Cops and that there is no evidence that he knew them at all.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/05/0...richard-field/

DA: No Evidence Suspect Had Relationship With Doctors Murdered In South Boston

BOSTON (AP/CBS) ? The investigation into the killings of two doctors in their luxury penthouse condominium took a surprise turn Monday when prosecutors corrected earlier accounts by authorities who said police shot a suspect after he opened fire on them inside the couple?s apartment.

Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel Conley held a news conference to correct details of the investigation. In addition to saying the suspect did not fire at police, Conley also clarified earlier statements by Boston Police Commissioner William Evans, who said he believed the doctors knew their assailant.

Bampumim Teixeira was charged with two counts of murder Monday in the killings of Dr. Richard Field and Dr. Lina Bolanos, two anesthesiologists who planned to marry.

Investigators are looking into what Teixeira knew about their building and neighborhood. He was only recently released from jail for bank robberies. Court documents from those crimes show he worked security for the condos next door to where the doctors lived.

Teixeira received three gunshot wounds after police confronted him in the condo Friday night. Police initially said officers opened fire on Teixeira after he shot at them while they were responding to a report of a gunman in the apartment

During Teixeira?s hospital arraignment Monday afternoon, prosecutor John Pappas described that same scenario. But late Monday, Conley said Teixeira did not shoot at police.
    Conley said police were sent to the building after Field, in his final moments of life, texted a friend to report ?a gunman in the house.?

He said police entered the apartment and were confronted by Teixeira. He said police ? in the darkened apartment ? believed Teixeira either pointed or fired a gun at them. Authorities now believe that one officer responded by firing his weapon, then other officers also fired their guns.

Conley said police found a BB gun or a ?replica gun? inside a backpack in the apartment.
    ?We are simply informing the public to correct the record,? Conley said.
    Conley also said there is ?no evidence whatsoever? at this point to conclude Teixeira had a personal relationship with Field or Bolanos.

Conley said authorities do not know why Teixeira ?would attack them so viciously? in their home.
    Pappas said police found a backpack near the front door that was filled with jewelry they believe belonged to Bolanos.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    DA says the suspect didn't shoot at Cops and that there is no evidence that he knew them at all.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/05/0...richard-field/
    I'm phone posting so will find a link later but I read an article that spoke about how Bam used to be a security guard in their apartment complex until early this year? I would think that means he knew them. Or knew of them anyway. Why all the misinformation, I wonder?

Strange story. Doesn't throat cutting usually signify a person is upset with something someone said?

Maybe why it was presumed he knew them but couldn't make the connection??

The killer cut up the couples photos, so he was pissed about the doctors' relationship. He had a "thang" (using my Rick Grimes' voice) for one of the docs or was psychotic and doing randomly bizarre actions. The cut up photos are likely why the police think the killer knew the couple.

I'm not sure he knew them though. It's possible that he saw them, knew they lived in the building, and even was fixated on Lina. That doesn't mean they knew him. He was just the security guard. They may have seen him in passing but didn't know him. Not very many people living in a fancy high rise take the time to get to know a security person.

I severely doubt this couple ever had their killer over for dinner. I can see these two doctors, who worked to relieve the pain of cancer patients and others, being friendly and chatting with him in the hallways or foyer entrance when they saw him.

Very sexxxy.

The doctors' Facebook photos show that they traveled internationally (enjoyed learning about and experiencing new cultures). Both of the doctors appear to be US immigrants (or born outside USA) just like Bampumim. They may have chatted with Bampumim about his homeland and journey to the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewawa View Post
    That name, Bampumim, made me think of Rumplestiltskin for some reason.

So, she was smoking hot. I expected to see your typical doctor type. Not in the best shape and not really attractive.
    I think Bam maybe had an obsession with Lina, since the couples pictures were all cut up. Maybe knew her from some classes she taught at Harvard.

Too sad some asshole they probably didn't even know existed murdered them. They looked really in love and had great jobs and income to have adventures when they had time off.
    Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Very sexxxy.
    Yeah, sooo sexy. It's a shame, really. If she were butt fucking ugly, we wouldn't be so broken up over the whole thing.

Seriously, maniacs need to start killing uglier people
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    Yeah, sooo sexy. It's a shame, really. If she were butt fucking ugly, we wouldn't be so broken up over the whole thing.

You got me in tears with that butt fucking ugly comment. LoL. Damn.

The whole throat cutting and cutting of the photos is throwing me off. I need to see if there are any updates on this, if the killer is talking.
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    The whole throat cutting and cutting of the photos is throwing me off. I need to see if there are any updates on this, if the killer is talking.
    Me too.

Her not looking like your typical doctor type went into my theory Bam had an obsession with her, hence the cut up pics.
    Not any different than the young pretty girls that OD on here and everyone comments what a shame she was so young and pretty and blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Me too.
    And the fact LE keeps flip-flopping. He knew them. No he didn't. Well kinda.

Throat slashing and cutting up pics just comes across as SUPER personal.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

And the fact LE keeps flip-flopping. He knew them. No he didn't. Well kinda.

Throat slashing and cutting up pics just comes across as SUPER personal.
    I agree that it comes across as SUPER personal but it could also indicate stalker like behavior. If he didn't know them but was obsessed with her, it would make sense.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Maria Luisa Teixeira, Bam's adoptive mother. I feel bad for her, honestly.

Murder suspect changed after moving to Boston, adoptive mom says

Bampumim Teixeira moved from Cape Verde, an island nation off the coast of Africa, to Boston in 2010 to live with his adoptive mother.

But after a year in the United States, at age 24, he abruptly and permanently severed that relationship, Maria Luisa Teixeira said.

"I came back from Brazil and one week later he said he was going to move out," she said in an interview with CNN. "And I asked why? He said, 'You and I are not getting along anymore' and I asked why?

I said, even if I put you in the street, I am your mom."

That was six years ago. During that time, they apparently lived in the same city but Teixeira says they never communicated. He blocked her phone and shunned her efforts at reconciliation, she said. She said she still doesn't know why he left.

Her deep hurt turned to shock last week when Bampumim Teixeira, now 30, was named the chief suspect in a bloody and bizarre crime that shook Boston.

He is accused of killing Richard Field, 49, and his fianc?e, Lina Bolanos, 38, on May 5 inside the luxury high-rise in South Boston where they lived. Both were well-known anesthesiologists in the region.

Bampumim Teixeira was apprehended at the crime scene.

Maria Luisa Teixeira said she has no idea what happened.

'He was excellent'

Bampumim grew up in Guinea-Bissau, on the west coast of Africa, Maria Luisa said.
    She and Bampumim's mother were such close friends they lived together, she said, and she watched him grow from the time he was 1 year old.
    "He was excellent in kindergarten, excellent in school, in religion, in his way of saying 'Hi' to someone, the way he dressed," she said.
    After his mother died, she adopted him in 2002, when he was 14, she said.

Maria Luisa said she moved to Boston around 2002, but kept in touch with the teen, who stayed with her sister, she said.
    In 2005, he moved to Cape Verde, an island off the coast of Africa, to study psychology at Jean Piaget University.
    A spokesperson for the school said Bampumim was an average student, friendly and well-liked. He attended the school from 2005 to 2009 but didn't receive a diploma because he left before completing his final project thesis, said the spokesperson, Filomeno Vega.
    Maria Luisa said she visited Cape Verde to check on him and his twin sister, Carlota Gomes, who told CNN Bampumim was an easygoing sibling who loved to sing.
    Around 2010, Bampumim moved to Boston to live with her, Maria Luisa said

'No, you're confused'

Before he left her home, Bampumim was a dutiful son, she said.
    "He would work, he would go and [give me] $150 every week, every Tuesday," she said. "I would say why and he would say, 'Mom you don't need to work.' He would get scratch tickets and if he won anything, he would give it to mom, $50 in my pocket. He never drank for 24 years. Never smoked."
    He never showed a violent streak, she said, making the accusations against him so shocking.
    After Bampumim moved out, Maria Luisa picked up reports of him acting strangely.
    One of Bampumim's close friends told her he ran into him at a bank on Adams Street in Boston.
    "He [the friend] said, 'What's up? Hey, brother,' and Bampumim said, 'I think you are confused,' " Maria Luisa said. "He says, 'No, you're my brother, Luisa's son,' and he said, 'No, you're confused,' and left."

Lived in a shelter

Using his Social Security number, she tracked Bampumim to a homeless shelter in Cambridge, she said.
    "When they went inside to ask him to come see me, he refused," she said. "So I was very hurt. But anyways, I am a mother. A mother is a mother."
    She went back to the shelter a year later and again failed to make contact.
    "I wasn't sure if he didn't want to see me for the second time or if he had moved out," she said.

Maria Luisa was so out of touch with Bampumim that she didn't know he'd already been in trouble with the law.
    He passed notes demanding money at a bank in 2014 and 2016, Suffolk County District Attorney's Office spokesman Jake Wark said. Bampumim didn't use a weapon in either incident. He pleaded guilty to both crimes and was sentenced to nine months in jail, plus probation, Wark said.
    That crime seems out-of-character for the Bampumim she raised, Maria Luisa said.
    "The thing about stealing, it's the first time I heard that," she said. "Stealing, I never, in my life. ..."

2 counts of murder

Investigators haven't provided much information about Bampumim's life in Boston.
    The District Attorney's Office said he was in the United States legally with a green card obtained in 2010.
    He held a security job from October 2015 to April 2016 at a building adjacent to the condo complex where Field and Bolanos lived, according to a law enforcement source.
    There's no evidence he knew the victims. And nobody has said how he got up to their two-bedroom, two-bath penthouse in a building that has a 24/7 concierge and other security features.

Authorities said police went to the building last Friday after Richard Field texted a friend that there was a man with a gun in the building. Inside the penthouse, officers encountered a man wearing gloves and dark clothing in the hallway and shot him in the left hand, abdomen and leg, thinking he had pointed pistol at them, authorities said.
    Police found a realistic looking replica of a .357-caliber Magnum at the scene, law enforcement sources said. Teixeira was taken into custody after what police called "a violent struggle."

Field and Lina Bolanos had their hands bound and their throats slit, a law enforcement source briefed on the investigation told CNN. Blood was splattered around the apartment and photos of Field and Bolanos had been cut up, two law enforcement officials told the Boston Globe.
    Police also found a black backpack full of jewelry, presumably belonging to Bolanos.
    Bampumim Teixeira was charged with two counts of murder. Court hearings have been held while he lay in his hospital bed and he has said little. He has pleaded not guilty. Steve Sack, Teixeira's lawyer, declined to comment to CNN, citing attorney-client privilege.
    A probable cause hearing is scheduled for June 8. Authorities have not publicly offered a motive, as the investigation continues.

'You would feel destroyed'

Maria Luisa Teixeira, 68, still lives in Boston, in a tidy apartment decorated with photos of her late husband and other relatives, including Bampumim.
    She's worried about how his arrest is affecting other family members, like his foster sister in London, Sandra Almeida.
    "She cries, she's gone three days without food, asking me if all she's seeing around is true," Maria Luisa said.
    Meanwhile, Maria Luisa tries to figure out what happened to the loving young man she helped raise. She knows there's a good chance she'll never see him in person.
    "If you raised someone ... how would you feel?" she said. "You would feel destroyed, it would kill you, like you're nobody. Because I wanted to see this little one, who is in this state today, as the one I knew and raised."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/us/bos...optive-mother/

Thread Information