Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kelsie Schelling - Missing Since 2/4/2013

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar

Kelsie Schelling - Missing Since 2/4/2013

https://www.helpfindkelsie.com/

Kelsie Jean Schelling has been missing since Mon., Feb. 4th, 2013. She is believed to be last seen in Pueblo, CO. Kelsie's family created this website to spread awareness of her disappearance to provide information that may be critical to finding her.

The Schelling/Saxton family is offering a reward of up to $50,000 to the person who provides information leading to Kelsie's direct return or to her location. Please visit this page to provide any leads: Submit a Tip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP2smFJeVpA - Video of 20/20 Story on her disappearance.

All I could find for a Facebook Page is: https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindKelsie/
    Last edited by emmy_dreamy; 05-05-2017 at 03:28 AM.

Current Update -

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Det...420927443.html

Detectives search undeveloped land for clues in Kelsie Schelling Case

PUEBLO, Colo. (KKTV) - Another search for clues in the Kelsie Schelling case failed to turn up anything of note, law enforcement said after a day of digging on undeveloped land on the west end of Pueblo.

Detectives would not say what they were looking for, only that they were trying to find clues and evidence led them to the open space. Agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation assisted the Pueblo Police Department with the daylong search, which started at 8 a.m. Monday and ended around 3 with officials reporting they found nothing.

For Schelling's emotionally exhausted mother, it was another difficult day in four years full of them.

"It's always really hard when we get done with the search, don't have any results, so it's kind of a hard moment right now. Hard drive home today," Laura Saxton said.

The undeveloped land is 1 mile from the former home of Schelling's ex-boyfriend Donthe Lucas, which was the subject of a multi-day search last month. The land is located on the 1600 block of Savannah Avenue, behind the Regency neighborhood.

The area has been searched before except for the specific spot law enforcement searched Monday.

Schelling vanished more than four years ago while traveling from Denver to Lucas' home. She was pregnant with Lucas' child at the time of her disappearance.

Since then, Saxton and numerous volunteers have tirelessly combed areas in and around Pueblo searching for anything that would lead to her whereabouts. Her mother told 11 News a couple of years ago she knows in her heart her daughter is dead.

According to a lawsuit she filed against the city, the last text message her daughter ever sent was to Lucas. Police have acknowledged Lucas remains a person of interest in the case, but have not formally named him or anyone else a suspect.
    This one isn't going to end well, I can feel it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    Current Update -

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Det...420927443.html

This one isn't going to end well, I can feel it.
    I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 05-06-2017 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Added another FB

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I found his myspace 😂. https://myspace.com/hoopstar23dl

I found his myspace ��. https://myspace.com/hoopstar23dl
    People still use MySpace?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    People still use MySpace?
    That's why I was laughing at the fact he has one. I thought myspace was dead and gone a long time ago.

That's why I was laughing at the fact he has one. I thought myspace was dead and gone a long time ago.

Hey- I just got an idea💡:
    Maybe someone should start a MDS thread for MySpace?!

I'm sure you can find my old one. I just stopped using it but I am sure it is there somewhere in cyber space, still.

Now if he is still using it and posting stuff currently, that is something else lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

May 7th Post on https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindKelsie/

We are so thankful for all the recent activity on Kelsie's case and the media attention that has gone along with that. With that though, inaccuracies surface. I realize that is always going to happen, but there is one fact that is constantly misreported and I feel I need to set it straight because it is very important.
    It is almost always reported that Kelsie went to Pueblo to tell Donthe that she was pregnant. That is not true. Kelsie already knew she was pregnant and Donthe knew as well. She had taken 3 home pregnancy tests in advance of her actual first doctor appointment which verified what they both already knew.
    Why is this so important?? It is important because it shows that Donthe knew in advance and he planned what he was going to do. He planned to get Kelsie to come to Pueblo on Sunday, February 3, 2013, so that she would never make it to the doctor the next day. When she refused because she wanted to be sure she wouldn't miss her appointment, he then started in on her to go to Pueblo on Monday after her appointment. It was persistent message after message, pressuring and promising her things to be sure she would make the trip that day. Unfortunately, she did.
    Donthe had a plan and he carried it out. A premeditated crime was committed against Kelsie and unborn baby Kadrie. That is why this fact is so very important!
    Looks like they are making a case for premeditation should the DA move ahead with charges in this case.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

People on that Find Kelsie FB page are saying the dude's mom was in on it, too.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

People on that Find Kelsie FB page are saying the dude's mom was in on it, too.
    I don't know if she's involved but she probably knows more than she is saying and she's most likely protecting her son.

Yeah, I don't think she had an actual hand in killing her but more like she helped him out after (seems to be what everyone else is saying). They are saying she is on video picking up her son after he dumped Kelsie's car.

Post from 5/21/2017 on https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindKelsie/

Donthe, you must have had Kelsie's purse and wallet in order to take her keys and debit card. Why did you never turn over any of these items to law enforcement?? Why did you never report Kelsie missing? Reporting her missing and making sure law enforcement was given any and all of Kelsie's possessions is what an innocent person who wanted help for her would have done. And then you were picked up by your mother behind Walmart. What were you hiding from?? Why didn't your mom just come and pick you up at Kelsie's car? Kelsie was carrying your child, your mother's grandchild. Wouldn't she have wanted to make sure Kelsie was ok??
    The answer to all these questions is that you lied. You lied about everything. You know where Kelsie is and you need to tell. Stop being so in love with yourself and love your flesh and blood. Let them be brought home.
    The more I read about this case the more angry I get.

I had never heard of it until I watched a rerun of 20/20 the other night. Did they ever pull his cell phone records to see who he was calling during the time of her disappearance? When she shows up and waits for him for over an hour, I got the feeling maybe he was making arrangements for someone to show up and kill her for him. I feel like if you wanted to do away with someone yourself, you wouldn't let them set for an hour giving them the chance to leave

Great point..I'm with you on that...I think he met up with her and had someone ambush her

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    I had never heard of it until I watched a rerun of 20/20 the other night. Did they ever pull his cell phone records to see who he was calling during the time of her disappearance? When she shows up and waits for him for over an hour, I got the feeling maybe he was making arrangements for someone to show up and kill her for him. I feel like if you wanted to do away with someone yourself, you wouldn't let them set for an hour giving them the chance to leave
    Yes but he at some point took her car to hide it. If he arranged for an attack, he must have either been there or close by so he could get the car and arrange for his mom to pick him up. Either way the lil shit belongs in jail. I'm undecided about the mom but definitely not him.

http://www.chieftain.com/news/pueblo...3170913c0.html

Pueblo home tied to Kelsie Schelling investigation catches fire
    BY JON POMPIA THE PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN JPOMPIA@CHIEFTAIN.COM JUN 16, 2017 UPDATED JUN 16, 2017

A Friday morning fire at the former home of Donthe Lucas, cited as a person of interest in the 2013 disappearance of his onetime girlfriend Kelsie Schelling, initially is being declared to be of a suspicious nature.

In May, law enforcement personnel, acting on leads, searched the home’s backyard as part of the investigation into Schelling’s disappearance.

According to Pueblo Fire Department spokesman Erik Duran, firefighters responded to the home in the 5000 block of Manor Ridge Drive around 6:30 a.m.
    “The initial report was that the garage was on fire,” Duran said. “When the first company arrived, the residents of the home were attempting to put out the fire — on the exterior side of the garage — with fire extinguishers.”

While most of the blaze had been quelled, firefighters put out the remainder of the smoldering siding. A scorch mark about 7 feet high and several feet wide is clearly visible on the siding.

“The flames did not penetrate the siding, so the house sustained no significant damage. And no one was injured,” Duran said.

A preliminary fire investigation was conducted, with the initial indication that the fire is incendiary and, therefore, suspicious in nature.

“The investigation is still underway to determine if it was purposefully or accidentally set,” Duran said.

According to Capt. Eric Bravo of the Pueblo Police Department, law enforcement will also be investigating the incident.

“We do think it’s suspicious in nature and the location certainly sparks our interest,” Bravo said. “So we will be following up on that.”
    Fishy, Fishy.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Kel...483538841.html

Donthe Lucas in court Tuesday for Kelsie Schelling murder case

PUEBLO, Colo. (KKTV) - UPDATE (6/12): A disposition hearing was held Tuesday ahead of Donthe Lucas' trial.

11 News tried to enter the courtroom for the hearing, but the judge granted a request from prosecutors and the defense attorney to close the courtroom.

Because of that, details are limited. However, 11 News learned that Lucas' grandmother, Vivian Lucas, testified on the details of what happened when Kelsie Schelling came down to Pueblo from Denver before her disappearance.

Lucas has another court date set for August 28 for the case.

A judge decided on Thursday there was enough probable cause to hold a trial for Lucas even though the body of Schelling still hasn't been found. She drove from Pueblo to Denver in 2013 to visit Lucas and was never seen again.

A trial date has yet to be set, but Lucas is slated to enter a plea on Aug. 28. The defense says there is no body in this case and Schelling could even walk through the courtroom doors at any time because there is no proof she was killed. The prosecution claims the Colorado Bureau of Investigation did a proof of life test and everything they found says Schelling died when she went to visit Lucas.

Schelling's mother, Laura Saxton, is relieved the case is moving forward.

"We have a long long hard road ahead of us," Saxton said to reporters outside the courtroom. "A huge victory, [we] haven't had victories in five years and we are thankful for what we get. This is, you know, just kind of a boost. Keep fighting, keep fighting; it's working and don't give up"

Lucas also has a preliminary hearing for a separate case tied to a robbery scheduled for Aug. 13.

UPDATE (5/25): At the end of the preliminary hearing Friday for the homicide of Kelsie Schelling, the judge announced the decision will be made Thursday, May 31 on if there's enough evidence to take the case to trial.

Schelling disappeared in February 2013. Her body has never been found. Last December, the arrest of her then-boyfriend, Donthe Lucas was announced in connection to her murder.

On Friday, testimony continued into the second day. Colorado Bureau of Investigation investigator Kevin Torres said he believes Kelsie Schelling was strangled in the house where Donthe Lucas used to live.

Investigators searched the backyard of the home on Manor Ridge Drive in southwest Pueblo back in 2017, but did not find any evidence.

Schelling's mother, Laura Saxton, responded to questions of what will happen if the case does not go to trial.

"I do wonder what will I do," said Saxton. "I will definitely keep searching for Kelsie, I know that. I would hope investigations would still take place."

Before the judge makes his decision Thursday, attorneys on both sides will make their closing arguments.

UPDATE (5/24, 4:45 p.m.): The family of Kelsie Schelling will have to wait another day to find out if the man accused of killing her will face trial.

Neal Robinson, a former detective for the Pueblo Police Department who was assigned to the Schelling case, took the stand Thursday morning. Robinson stated special testing was done on the inside of Schelling's vehicle. The test results showed there was a unique gemstone found in her car that is found east of Beulah. Robinson told the court that was out of character for Schelling because according to her family she kept everything very clean.

The lawyers for Lucas pointed out there is a problem in the case. There is no evidence of a body being buried and no body has been found.

Former detective Robinson also pointed out $400 was taken out of Schelling's account to pay for Lucas' cell phone bill at the time. Lawyers for Lucas stated Schelling freely shared money with Lucas.

Testimony is scheduled to continue Friday and this article will be updated.

UPDATE (5/24, 12:40 p.m.): Kelsie Schelling's mother, Laura Saxton, said Thursday's preliminary hearing was "very overwhelming and exhausting."

A judge could decide Thursday if there is enough evidence for Schelling's former boyfriend Donthe Lucas to go to trial for her murder.

"It is overwhelming just to sit and hear it all presented all at once, to hear it coming from the detectives."

Saxton told 11 News nothing had come out that was shocking to her, but she was glad it was all now on court record.

"There was no bombshells dropped yet at this point. It’s just all pretty basic information that we’ve basically known for five years. ... It's all verified now, you know, in court record, and part of the record and all of his varying stories and everything is now part of the court record, so that’s a very good thing.”

She said the information about Schelling and Lucas' cell phone (which can be read below): was "very, very important."

She told 11 News she hopes the court process will finally lead her to Schelling's whereabouts.

"The most important thing for us is to be able to bring Kelsie home."

UPDATE (5/24, 12 p.m.): Law enforcement are revealing more about the case they have against Donthe Lucas.

The 25-year-old is accused of killing his girlfriend Kelsie Schelling more than five years ago and is believed to have disposed of her body, which has never been found.

A preliminary hearing Thursday will determine if there is enough evidence to go to trial.

According to two officers who testified Thursday, Lucas is the only person to admit to seeing Schelling on Feb. 5, 2013. She was last seen by everyone else on Feb. 4, 2013.

Chad Sinnema with the Denver Police Department said Lucas allegedly told him that he had gone to Parkview Medical Center with Schelling on Feb. 4, where she learned she was no longer pregnant. Schelling dropped Lucas off on the morning of Feb. 5 and it was the last time he saw her, Sinnema said Lucas told him.

Detective Ted Binet, also with the Denver Police Department, said Lucas told him a different story. Binet told the courtroom that according to Lucas, Schelling came to Pueblo to see a doctor about her pregnancy. Lucas told police they parked in the Walmart parking lot on the city's south side but got in a fight and Schelling kicked him out.

Binet said Lucas told him 10 a.m. on Feb. 5 was the last time he saw Schelling -- several hours later than the 3-5 a.m. Lucas told Sinnema.

Text messages on Lucas' phone revealed he texted Schelling that he had a surprise for her and to come to Pueblo.

Messages on Schelling's phone showed she texted him she was pregnant, and the messages indicated Lucas was unhappy. GPS on her phone showed it traveled to the same location in Pueblo as Lucas' phone -- and did not show her ever visiting Parkview.

Parkview had no record of Schelling ever being treated there.

Police said in court Thursday Lucas took $400 out of Schelling's account at 11:37 a.m. Feb. 5.

PREVIOUS (5/23): Investigators say Donthe Lucas killed his pregnant girlfriend, Kelsie Schelling, who disappeared five years ago. Her body has never been found.

Thursday, a judge will decide if there is enough evidence for the case to go to a trial.

11 News been following this case closely since 2013 when Schelling was first reported missing.

We knew she drove down from Denver to Pueblo to tell her then-boyfriend Lucas she was two months pregnant.

Pueblo police say two days later, they found her car in southside Walmart parking lot.

Even now, those closest to her are asking: what happened to 22-year-old Schelling? As her accused killer, Lucas, is set to go before a judge, no one knows the answer.

"We know that she and Donthe met, he admits that they met, but what transpired after is where the lies begin," Schelling’s mom Laura Saxton told us in a previous interview.

For a few years, the investigation was stalled. In 2016 the CBI joined the investigation and the search for answers was reignited.
    Investigators dug in the backyard of Lucas’ former home last year.
    Then a month later, they began digging in open areas on the southwest side of Pueblo.

"This area is within a 1-mile radius of the former residence of the person of interest Donthe Lucas," Pueblo Police Sgt. Eric Gonzales told us in April 2017.

Investigators still have not found Schelling’s body.

"It's always really hard when we get done with the search, don't have any results, so it's kind of a hard moment right now," Saxton told us after that search.

We talked to a former prosecutor about how the case could move forward with Schelling’s body still missing.

"If the police have some other damning piece of evidence then you don't need the body per se or particular piece of evidence," Brad Laybourne of Laybourne Law Firm said.

Thursday in court we could hear about evidence that has never been released to the public before as the judge works to make a decision on where the case goes now.

11 News will have a crew in the courtroom Thursday morning and let you know what happens.
    I'm so glad Donthe was arrested. Let's just hope he's found guilty.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I still say torture that motherfucker until he gives up the location of her remains. Filthy bastard. Shank that mf in prison and let him die of a painful wound infection.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-still-missing

After 9 years and a guilty verdict, Kelsie Schelling still missing

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-still-missing

After 9 years and a guilty verdict, Kelsie Schelling still missing
    This case still infuriates me. I'm glad Donthe is in prison where he belongs. I didn't think he would ever be convicted on the evidence they had, so I'm grateful for that. I wish they had charged the mother too. More stupid parenting.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

https://www.kktv.com/2024/01/31/frid...disappearance/

Friday’s Colorado Missing Persons Day marks 11 years since Kelsie Schelling’s disappearance

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I hope one day her body is found.

Thread Information