Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Andrew Vance (12) committed suicide by drug overdose

Briarwyck, rather.

It has his street address as something different, Enright or something. Is that near where he was found/it occurred?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Nic B, yea it's the same address that he lives at, Enfield. Briarwyck is the subdivision, Enfield is the street. The ME is showing the same address as the address for his aunt and uncle under property search.

This one is rough because this could have easily been me. I was first diagnosed with depression when I was just a year or two younger than him and certainly spent many days eyeing the medicine cabinet. I'm not going to try to place blame or anything like that, but it's a damn shame for somebody to be snuffed out at such a young age. RIP little dude, you're not suffering anymore.
    I'm up against it all
    Like a leaf against the wind

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gram Parsons View Post
    This one is rough because this could have easily been me. I was first diagnosed with depression when I was just a year or two younger than him and certainly spent many days eyeing the medicine cabinet. I'm not going to try to place blame or anything like that, but it's a damn shame for somebody to be snuffed out at such a young age. RIP little dude, you're not suffering anymore.
    It's terrifying and I'm glad you're still here.

The same week that this poor boy died, my friend's 14 year old Son overdosed and almost died from the same issues. Thankfully, he's okay and now getting the treatment he needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    It's terrifying and I'm glad you're still here.
    Me too!

The same week that this poor boy died, my friend's 14 year old Son overdosed and almost died from the same issues. Thankfully, he's okay and now getting the treatment he needs.
    Wow... that's great he's going to get better and sounds like he's on the right path.
    I did some STUPID shit at that age, but again I didn't think I was a "kid" and I also thought I was invincible- I'm convinced there's a reason I'm still here because I can't even count how many potentially fatal decisions I made over the years.
    I'm terrified for the kids today- it seems social media and other outlets put so much pressure on them and their minds are so conflicted and clouded with emotions and hormones. Combine that with detached parents and it's a recipe for disaster. Boston, I'm not implying at all that your friends are detached from him, I've noticed over the years working with the public that more each day I see people, families, out in public with their faces glued to their phones. I'm not innocent of that myself- just eye opening to realize that's becoming a problem...

I was going through this thread and saw there were a lot of questions surrounding the occurred location. I did some digging and found the FB for his aunt, I think? She is the person who had custody of him, it seems. He overdosed in the car when she was driving him to school, here is part of her post about what happened:

Thursday, April 27th, I was driving Andy to his new alternative school. I'm so thankful that it was just him and I, because on a typical day, there were anywhere from 5-6 kids with me. That morning was different. I'm so thankful those other babies didn't witness any of it. We were doing our normal chatting in the car, where he said to me "Cassie, I've been working on my life plan". I was so proud of him. At his new school, these students had to focus on goals and their folder was their life plan. Andrew never voluntarily did homework, so I was super excited. But. There was something in the way he said it. It was quiet, but with excitement. It was final. And it was filled with peace. After it all happened, I kept hearing it in my head... it was his goodbye to me. His goodbye. His life plan. I turned out of our neighborhood and heard him begin to vomit. I turned quickly and just asked if he was okay. I quickly pulled over and ran around to his side of the van, and by the time I got there, he was in a full convulsive seizure. I saw his vomit. I saw a pill. Reality set in fast. I knew what had happened. He overdosed. The weeks before Andrew had told me, "Cassie, I just can't do this anymore". He ran away twice. He got kicked out of school. He was doing everything he could to get in trouble and taken away. He told me he wanted to go to a mental hospital, where they would just numb his pain with meds. We sought help. We were getting help. We had emergency care plans. We had MHMR. We had. But it just wasn't enough. This boy was so incredibly heartbroken, and the pain in his heart was something only the Lord could heal. This is exactly what I feel like the Lord has done for us. He healed him, and took him home.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Man that's sad! I wonder what had happened earlier in his life and why he was with his aunt and uncle?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Man that's sad! I wonder what had happened earlier in his life and why he was with his aunt and uncle?
    If you go to his mydeathspace article, his cousin left a comment explaining it all. That is how I found the above post, through her FB.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    If you go to his mydeathspace article, his cousin left a comment explaining it all. That is how I found the above post, through her FB.
    Oh, ok. I will check that out.

I went exploring and found that his brother (half-brother?) OD'd in 2020. Had been to treatment but relapsed. This poor family.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/yz6fm-gavins-funeral

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    I went exploring and found that his brother (half-brother?) OD'd in 2020. Had been to treatment but relapsed. This poor family.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/yz6fm-gavins-funeral
    Ugh, that's so sad!

Here is his fb: https://www.facebook.com/gavin.grothe

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This one still bugs me and even more now that I see the exchange he had with his Aunt right before he went in to convulsions. That the school had an entire folder set up for students for their "Life Plan" and that he decided what his life plan was.

I mean..... I get the school's good intentions, but maybe not put that kind of pressure on kids? It's one thing asking them what they want to be when they grow up and another to have a folder and lesson plan based solely on your "Life Plan". Not every kid knows what they want to do or where they want to go. It's a time to just be and discover that stuff. Not set up a graph on where you'll be in 20 years.

ETA: I'm not saying that kids shouldn't think about that stuff here and there. Just that maybe let them do it in a less pressure way. If you put it in a context where you're being graded on it, you're under the impression that if you don't achieve it that you're some kind of failure. That's all I'm saying.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 10-28-2021 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    This one still bugs me and even more now that I see the exchange he had with his Aunt right before he went in to convulsions. That the school had an entire folder set up for students for their "Life Plan" and that he decided what his life plan was.

I mean..... I get the school's good intentions, but maybe not put that kind of pressure on kids? It's one thing asking them what they want to be when they grow up and another to have a folder and lesson plan based solely on your "Life Plan". Not every kid knows what they want to do or where they want to go. It's a time to just be and discover that stuff. Not set up a graph on where you'll be in 20 years.

ETA: I'm not saying that kids shouldn't think about that stuff here and there. Just that maybe let them do it in a less pressure way. If you put it in a context where you're being graded on it, you're under the impression that if you don't achieve it that you're some kind of failure. That's all I'm saying.
    I agree 100 percent. Especially kids with traumatic histories (ongoing?). Their future can be if they will eat that day or where they are going to sleep.

Thread Information