Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Vance (12) committed suicide by drug overdose

Andrew Vance (12) committed suicide by drug overdose

This one struck me because of his age....same as my son. Breaks my heart

1707064 Tarrant Vance Andrew 8/27/2004 12 4/30/2017 D White M

Police Department: Police Svc #:

Deceased Address: Roanoke, Texas 76262 Time Of Death 11:15 AM

Occurred Location: Intersection of Al Slaughter & State Hwy 114 , Roanoke, Texas 76262

Place Of Death: ICU Prosector: Nizam Peerwani, M.D.

Place Of Death Address: 801 7th Ave , Fort Worth, Texas

Manner Of Death: SUICIDE

Cause Of Death: ANOXIC ENCEPHALOPATHY Due to:ACUTE MIXED DRUG INTOXICATION (ACETOAMINOPHEN AND SALICYLATE)

Was not able to find a Facebook, can anyone else? Possible he doesn't have one.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017..._drug_overdose
    Last edited by Olivia; 05-03-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Me, too, Nic.

I feel like I'm going to vomit - my son, too, is his age and it looks like Andrew took Excedrin, or similar.

We're getting notes home warning us as parents about the Netflix series 13 Reasons which is about a suicide. Just yesterday, we were listening to NPR as a family, they mentioned the show and we asked our son if kids are talking about it. He said they are but mostly because teachers, etc are talking about it. Son said he didn't have an interest in watching it. It made my husband and I realize we feel unequipped to talk to him about suicide.

I used to think not having a gun in the house or "strong" prescriptions was enough. Clearly I am very wrong.

I have no idea what Andrew was going through but I wish I could have helped.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Ugh. That's so terrible
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

https://m.facebook.com/brendan.vance.71
    This is his brother. He was upset about that hospital photo being put on FB.

I didn't realize this was a suicide when I s as it yesterday. 12 years old. Sweet boy, I didn't know you but you have broken my heart.

It seems like he had a fractured home life according to the fundraising page.

I just noticed the occurred location?
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is so sad. And location is odd?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by wondery View Post
    Me, too, Nic.

I feel like I'm going to vomit - my son, too, is his age and it looks like Andrew took Excedrin, or similar.

We're getting notes home warning us as parents about the Netflix series 13 Reasons which is about a suicide. Just yesterday, we were listening to NPR as a family, they mentioned the show and we asked our son if kids are talking about it. He said they are but mostly because teachers, etc are talking about it. Son said he didn't have an interest in watching it. It made my husband and I realize we feel unequipped to talk to him about suicide.

I used to think not having a gun in the house or "strong" prescriptions was enough. Clearly I am very wrong.

I have no idea what Andrew was going through but I wish I could have helped.
    I just finished watching 13 Reasons Why and I thought it was extremely powerful. The message I found in the series was about how your words and actions can really torment someone. How someone who is vulnerable can be hurt deep down and family and friends don't see it. In watching this, I also found that they way they portrayed the school counselor was very accurate. I think the counselors in our school need more education on dealing with emotionally unstable youths who may be thinking about suicide. All 3 of my children watched this show. It has prompted some interesting discussions in our house and I hope showed them (especially my youngest, 13) that their actions have consequences and they should never intentionally hurt someone and definitely not follow the wrong crowd. The actual suicide scene was intense!

RIP Andrew you were way too young to die.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Look at him. Just a baby! It hurts
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    This is painful. He's a baby. RIP

Are they sure that's the location? Kids usually don't commit suicide outside. I try to avoid these. I need to go watch kittens. My heart literally hurts because this baby didn't see a ending to his pain. I agree with the brother, that hospital picture shouldn't have been posted. He will find this in 5..4..3..2..

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I just noticed the occurred location?
    Are you referring to the name of the street: Al Slaughter? (IS that the street name? That is a weird name for a street)
    Or do you mean because in the original post that Nic B made, it says "Occurred Location: Intersection of Al Slaughter & State Hwy 114?" Because that's, like, an intersection. Did they find him there unconscious, or was he wandering around near the intersection, or ???

Also, I agree with you guys about how sad & disturbing this is. He was a BEAUTIFUL BOY. I bet we all wish we could've carried his pain if it meant that he'd still be alive & well. God bless & comfort his loved ones.

Yeah the street name really creeped me out. The location in general is odd to me, as a suicide by overdose is usually in a private place, not an intersection somewhere. Before the manner and cause of death came out, I thought for sure it would have been a car accident. Was really surprised.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    I can't even....why would a 12 year old commit suicide? This is so hard to see.

He was just a baby. Rest in Peace Andrew.
    Last edited by emmy_dreamy; 05-05-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    No words.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    Are you referring to the name of the street: Al Slaughter? (IS that the street name? That is a weird name for a street)
    Or do you mean because in the original post that Nic B made, it says "Occurred Location: Intersection of Al Slaughter & State Hwy 114?" Because that's, like, an intersection. Did they find him there unconscious, or was he wandering around near the intersection, or ???

Also, I agree with you guys about how sad & disturbing this is. He was a BEAUTIFUL BOY. I bet we all wish we could've carried his pain if it meant that he'd still be alive & well. God bless & comfort his loved ones.
    I was meaning because it's an intersection . What was he doing out there alone?

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Maybe he was in a vehicle. I don't recall reading if he was alone or not. They may not have been able to determine when the overdose occurred, only where he collapsed or fell ill.

I don't know that it is odd. Being as he died at the hospital rather than at home, my guess is that they don't have to disclose it, and for privacy reasons, they might be using the closest intersection, rather than the actual address of the family. They don't list a full address for him under the "deceased address" either. I know that when reporting on some crimes/incidences in the area I live, they only give the closest intersection to where it occurred, rather than the full address.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I was meaning because it's an intersection . What was he doing out there alone?
    Okay, thanks! If that is the actual location where he was found, my best guess is he was walking nearby or maybe collapsed there.

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    Maybe he was in a vehicle. I don't recall reading if he was alone or not. They may not have been able to determine when the overdose occurred, only where he collapsed or fell ill.
    This is a good point that I didn't think of.

I just walked down the occurred location on Google and it looks like maybe a small park. No homes in that immediate area. This is so sad.

if you go a way down Al Slaughter, it runs into a community called Briarwyck. That appears to be a housing area, they have a sign up stating the prices range in the high 200,000's.

OKAY I see now, that is where he lived. I looked up his aunt and uncle's address, he attempted it at home. Such a cute little guy. Heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by strozzapreti View Post
    I don't know that it is odd. Being as he died at the hospital rather than at home, my guess is that they don't have to disclose it, and for privacy reasons, they might be using the closest intersection, rather than the actual address of the family. They don't list a full address for him under the "deceased address" either. I know that when reporting on some crimes/incidences in the area I live, they only give the closest intersection to where it occurred, rather than the full address.
    That was me, I didn't put it in the post.....I usually don't edit stuff like that, but for some reason, because of his age, I decided to. If you go the ME site it should have the full address.

I will. His aunt and uncle live down Al Slaughter rd, in that subdivision, Brianwyck, the people that he lived with.

Thread Information