Thread: Veronica Carter was killed in a hit and run crash the day after her birthday 19 April 2017 and the driver has not been caught and cause of death is still being determined by OH ME

Veronica Carter was killed in a hit and run crash the day after her birthday 19 April 2017 and the driver has not been caught and cause of death is still being determined by OH ME

Veronica Carter
    Date of death: 04/19/2017
    53 years
    Black Female
    in University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
    source: http://medicalexaminer.cuyahogacounty.us/

CLEVELAND-- The Cleveland Division of Police is investigating a hit-and-run crash that took the life of a woman.

Veronica Carter was crossing the street on St. Clair Avenue at East 102nd Street at about 9:45 p.m. Sunday when she was hit by a car. The driver left the scene.

Carter was taken to University Hospitals with life-threatening injuries. Her family said she died Wednesday afternoon, one day after her 53rd birthday.

Carter was a mother of five and a grandmother of 13. One of her sons died in 2013.

"She was happy. She loved. She was full of love. She love her grand kids... She would do anything for them, and her children, for anyone," said Carter's daughter, Kizzy Day.

Investigators recovered debris at the scene. A witness told police the car was traveling at a high rate of speed.

According to a witness, the suspect's car was likely a mid-2000s Ford Escape. It was dark in color with damage to the front end. A witness also reported to Cleveland police the driver appeared to be a woman with either a child or child's seat in the back seat.

"Three other cars stopped in front of her and they went around her. Then this black truck came out of nowhere, and it looked like it was about to, you know, try to slow down, but it just kept going. It just hit her," said Dion Saunders, Carter's grandson who witnessed the incident.

"Me and my cousin grabbed my grandma and we took her out the street, and I was holding my grandma and we were trying to get help," Saunders said.

"Turn yourself in, just please do it... If it was your mother, you would want them to do the same, it's not right," Day said.

Anyone with information on the crash is asked to call the Cleveland Division of Police Accident Unit at 216-623-5290.

Updated at 8:3 p.m. Cleveland police said the victim died on Monday at the age of 52. The story was updated to reflect information from the family that Carter turned 53 on Tuesday and passed away the following day.

http://fox8.com/2017/04/19/cleveland...-killed-woman/

I think this might be her Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/veronica.carter.144

Please help with the run-on title of this!

So sad

Blunt force impacts to head, trunk and extremities, with skeletal, visceral and soft tissue injuries. MOTOR VEHICLE - PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT. HIT/SKIP.
    Accident Traffic

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    How can anyone hit a person and then take off? You killed someone and you just leave. It's disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Terrible.

Thread Information