Thread: Derek Claiborne - 30 March 2017

Derek Claiborne - 30 March 2017

https://www.facebook.com/derek.claiborne.5

A ton of FB comments about this death

Tonight my heart is broken. A dear friend of mine passed away. We met when I was in high school and he worked with my dad. He was like the big brother I never had. He always watched out for me.... of course we lost touch over the years and were re-acquainted, I was working as an advocate for children with special needs and his youngest son became my client. I was blessed again knowing this amazing person, at a different level, a dad, a dad of a special needs son, a single dad.... and through the years I watched him be an amazing father! One I had never seen before! He took his boys to almost every sporting event at MHS! He was simply amazing!!!! I was in awwww of this big gentle giant. He was the kindest most loving human being you would ever meet!
    So tonight, minutes after I heard he was ill, I rushed up to the hospital, and although he was in ICU his father let me in. I was able to sit with him for a few minutes, kiss him on the forehead and tell him how much I loved him... As his father and I sat there, he quickly passed away. He was peaceful! He raised his boys to be amazing young men. Those boys are his greatest gift.
    I love you Derek Claiborne! You will always be in my heart.

Heart failure. Rest in peace, sir. https://www.gofundme.com/for-dereks-...en-his-funeral

Thread Information