Thread: Chelsea Martinez (26) asked a man that she met online to kill her; he did and consequently received a 42-year jail sentence

Chelsea Martinez (26) asked a man that she met online to kill her; he did and consequently received a 42-year jail sentence

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017..._jail_sentence

This is a crazy story. I can't find much for the killer online.

After meeting on the website The Experience Project, Nisbit and Martinez met at a local motel on July 31 and arranged to meet again the following morning, according to the criminal complaint. After checking out of the motel on the morning of Aug. 1, Nisbit and Martinez drove separately to Shager Park, west of Faribault, arriving between 10 a.m. and noon, according to the complaint.

They both parked in the beach parking lot and walked across Hwy. 60 and continued walking for about 10-15 minutes before reaching a wooded area known by Nisbit. The location was chosen because there was access to water in case he had to wash anything off, the complaint said.

In a small backpack, Nisbit brought a paracord and a knife with a 10-inch blade. When they reached the wooded area, they stopped and Nisbit tied Martinez?s hands and feet with the paracord and strangled her with another piece of paracord until she lost consciousness. He then used the knife to cut her throat.

Nisbit dragged Martinez?s body to a culvert and covered it with dirt.

http://www.southernminn.com/faribaul...a319aaf07.html

Martinez Chelsea E. Martinez (nee Smuck), age 26 of Columbus, died August 1, 2015. Survived by husband, Oscar Martinez; sons, Enrique and Chase; daughter, Amy; mother, S. Elizabeth Smuck; father, Christopher (Christine) Smuck; sister, Chloe; brother, Ian Smuck; paternal grandparents, Eldon and Phyllis Smuck; maternal grandparents, Doris Johnson, Walter Johnson; father and mother-in-law, Oscar and Esmeralda Martinez; many aunts, including Christina Ware; uncles, cousins and friends. Chelsea's personal message: "Incubator, Kisser of boo-boos, Mother of three." Gathering for friends and family, Saturday, August 29, 2015 from 12 noon until the time of Memorial Service at 2 p.m. at NEWCOMER FUNERAL HOME, SW Chapel, 3393 Broadway, Grove City, OH. Inurnment to follow at Grove City Cemetery (new), Grove City, OH. To leave a special message for the family, visit www.NewcomerColumbus.com.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I could SWEAR I've seen this one posted before, but I can't find it. I know it's here somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I think that I posted this year's ago. Or maybe we talked about it. I do remember finding it and commenting on it here. This still creeps me out. She actually went looking and found someone to kill her...

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I just want to know what kind of depraved piece of shit actually does something like this.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I think that I posted this year's ago. Or maybe we talked about it. I do remember finding it and commenting on it here. This still creeps me out. She actually went looking and found someone to kill her...
    Hmmm maybe it was this one you recall?? I saw a TV documentary or possibly read on here a few years ago about two guys who met online or through some kind of ad one placed asking to be killed and cooked and eaten.

The one that wanted to be killed wanted the other one to film it all.

He cut off and fried his member with onions and declared it chewy or gristley if I recall correctly.

Not sure how long he got in jail.

Very bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by supernoodle View Post
    Hmmm maybe it was this one you recall?? I saw a TV documentary or possibly read on here a few years ago about two guys who met online or through some kind of ad one placed asking to be killed and cooked and eaten.

The one that wanted to be killed wanted the other one to film it all.

He cut off and fried his member with onions and declared it chewy or gristley if I recall correctly.

Not sure how long he got in jail.

Very bizarre.
    I remember the sauteed man meat story. I don't remember this one though. She was young and had a family. How confused those kids will be when they're grown. How exactly does one find a person to kill them? is there a killers and thrillers section of Craig's List?
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

OMG this reminds me of an ad on Craiglist my hubby showed me. No joke, there was a post from someone saying they were looking for someone to kill them. Person posted it wasn't a joke, they didn't want help, just wanted someone to end their life, preferably with a gun.

It bugged me so bad, I thought about calling the cops. When my hubby tried going back to the post a few minutes later, it had been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

This happened about an hour from me; I've been following the case but I haven't seen it posted here before.

Like MySpace ExperienceProject was in it's prime more than 10 years ago, but the idea is you'd join "Groups" based on your interest, and write longform stories in the groups. Nisbit's lawyers did a good job scrubbing his social media history, but his EP page was available in Google Cache for a while. Some of his groups:

I am a Person of Darkness
    I Love Blood and Gore
    I Need Your Blood
    I Like Blood Play
    I Love Evil, Dark, Disturbing, Gory Things
    I am a Dark Person
    I am Fascinated by Disturbing Stories and Imagery
    I have Sick, Twisted, and Dark Fantasies.
    I Love the Taste of Blood
    I Have a Dark Side
    I Love Gore and Horror

I'm assuming Martinez hung around groups like these until she managed to find someone willing to act on their fantasies.

The original charge was 2nd degree murder, then it was upped to 1st degree murder. Either the state was trying to force a plea bargain to the 2nd degree murder charge they wanted, or they were so bewildered by this case they didn't know how to charge it. At any rate they reached a plea bargain for 2nd Degree Murder with the maximum sentence possible on that charge. Nisbit's currently incarcerated in Minnesota Correctional Facility- St. Cloud.

Chelsea -

her and Nisbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Fucking creepy. I feel like she thought it was just some role play type of shit though because WHO WOULD ASK FOR THAT.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Holy shit!

I remember that one from years ago where the woman either placed or answered the add and went to some guys trailer. I just thought it would end there. Oh the possibilities of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Fucking creepy. I feel like she thought it was just some role play type of shit though because WHO WOULD ASK FOR THAT.
    It's the internet....lol. Did you see my post above about the ad on Craiglist my hubby found? This was just the day before yesterday. Could have been a joke, but still....not a cool prank.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Point worth mentioning that she drove 800 miles from Columbus, OH to meet the man in a town south of Minneapolis.

One of those comments on the link referencing the murder and the guys username on Ep: seems like he was probably seeking it out just the same as she was ...

"One of my friends on ep talked to that guy a few times and she said he just talked weird so she blocked him . The guy wanted her to go to where he was the second time they talked ."

According to this fundraiser she suffered from bipolar disorder. Very sad.
    https://www.gofundme.com/chelseas-murder

Do you think this is a case where she didn't want to live but didn't believe in suicide?

Quote Originally Posted by Caraslzybonz View Post
    Do you think this is a case where she didn't want to live but didn't believe in suicide?
    Maybe, or could be an access thing - like, I don't own a gun, so if someone was down and I was ready to be outtie, could be that kind of thing? OR because she was 'in' to that kind of thing, she thought at least someone could live a fantasy?

I really don't know, just thinking out loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Maybe, or could be an access thing - like, I don't own a gun, so if someone was down and I was ready to be outtie, could be that kind of thing? OR because she was 'in' to that kind of thing, she thought at least someone could live a fantasy?

I really don't know, just thinking out loud.
    Hmm, this one will be on my mind.

Is it just me or do those two look exactly the same other than the mustache?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Is it just me or do those two look exactly the same other than the mustache?
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

They could be related. Facial structure very similar. Weird.

I'm just assuming she was depressed enough that she wanted to die, but wasn't depressed enough she had the wherewithal to actually go through with it.

It's also common for people to suddenly change their mind; as some Golden Gate bridge jumpers that survived have commented that they regretted it the moment after they jumped. I wonder if suddenly she changed her mind once she was bound up and being strangled, but by then it was too late. Perhaps that's why she was tied up, she was afraid she would back out again once it started otherwise.

Thread Information