Thread: Jeffrey Franklin (16) was allegedly killed by his adoptive parents, who tried to hide the murder with arson

Jeffrey Franklin (16) was allegedly killed by his adoptive parents, who tried to hide the murder with arson

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/25/us/new...ath/index.html

Foul play was suspected from the first moments the disabled boy's body was discovered in the ashes of an upstate New York home.

Jeffrey Franklin, a 16-year-old adopted child with special needs, did not perish in an early-morning blaze that appeared to have started in the wood stove that heated the house in the town of Guilford, about an hour and half southeast of Syracuse, investigators said.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-23-2022 at 02:40 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    That poor little boy.

So many questions...Was the death an accident they covered up after they realized they fucked up? If he was disabled, couldn't they have just started the fire to kill him if it was planned? Did they kill him because of the new baby?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

This makes me so sad and angry. As a parent of a special needs kiddo that is completely reliant on me this is just so upsetting. They could have found someone else to care for him if they couldn't handle it. There are so many resources for kiddos like this, they could have done so many other things. There is a special spot in hell for these 2!!

I never would've guessed that kid was adopted. He bears a really strong resemblance to her.

I'm going to wait until trial before I condemn them. Seems just about every second miscarriage of justice on the crime channel down here involves a misinterpreted fire scene. The fact they're saying he didnt die in the fire makes it more likely they really did do something to him, but still, I'll wait a little.

If I'm ever in jail for murder, I hope they don't bring up the movies I've watched.....or my internet search history. I will be f'ed.

I hope that's not all the evidence they have against these people- a previous movie and a sad Facebook post?

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    If I'm ever in jail for murder, I hope they don't bring up the movies I've watched.....or my internet search history. I will be f'ed.

I hope that's not all the evidence they have against these people- a previous movie and a sad Facebook post?
    I was thinking the same thing.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post

I think they have more on them. Like perhaps the fact he was dead before the fire. Depends on what he died of but, it could be the nail in the coffin.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Woman Accused of Killing Son After Watching Manchester by the Sea Gives Birth to a Boy While Out on Bail

The upstate New York woman accused of murdering her adopted son after watching the Oscar-winning film Manchester by the Sea has given birth while out on bail, PEOPLE confirms.

Heather Franklin, 33, of Guilford, New York, gave birth last week to a boy, her first child with her husband Ernest Franklin, 35, his lawyer, First Assistant Public Defender Zachary T. Wentworth, confirms to PEOPLE.

The birth “is bittersweet,” says a friend of the Franklins who asked to remain anonymous.
    The Franklins were arrested on March 22 after autopsy results revealed their adopted special needs son, Jeffrey R. Franklin, had died before a fire on March 1 that destroyed the family’s home. They were indicted on March 24 on charges of arson and second-degree murder in connection with his death. They both pleaded not guilty and are awaiting trial.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...ail/ar-BBDYwir
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Thread Information