Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Unclaimed People

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    He was homeless at the time of his death. I'm not quite sure why his family isn't claiming him. It only costs $300 to pick up the ashes.

I'll be at his funeral 3 years from now
    To be fair, I think he may have been from Belize. I am not sure of the cost there.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    To be fair, I think he may have been from Belize. I am not sure of the cost there.
    No, the LA Coroner cremates them. Then they keep the ashes for up to 3 years for their family to claim them. It costs $300 to pick them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    No, the LA Coroner cremates them. Then they keep the ashes for up to 3 years for their family to claim them. It costs $300 to pick them up.
    Okay, I read it wrongly. I thought he died in Belize and for some random reason was showing up on the LA site. But he obviously died in LA. I get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristmas View Post
    His FB page would make a good PSA announcement for teens. A don't' start drugs one. His family obviously loved him, enough to be brutally honest about his life.
    Excellent point, Kristmas. I appreciate the family's willingness to be straightforward. They must be going through a range of emotions as they grieve and maybe will get his ashes at some point?

Kasel Hickman

https://www.facebook.com/kasel.hickman?ref=br_rs

Case Number:
    2017-03148
    Decedent Name:
    KASEL HICKMAN
    AKA #1:
    N/A
    AKA #2:
    N/A
    Age / Height / Weight:
    38 / 70 / 173
    Eye / Hair Color:
    BROWN / BROWN
    Date of Birth:
    11/09/1978
    Date of Death:
    04/25/2017
    Place of Birth:
    IL
    Last Known Address:
    Ethnicity:
    CAUCASIAN
    unclaimed@coroner.lacounty.gov, (323) 343-0755

http://mec.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/m...Num=2017-03148

I think this girl has deleted her social media but I just had to post because of her name.

Case Number:
    2017-01875
    Decedent Name:
    PUSSYCAT DOPPELGANGER
    AKA #1:
    GABRIEL, JENNIFER KATHERINE
    AKA #2:
    N/A
    Age / Height / Weight:
    45 / 65 / 145
    Eye / Hair Color:
    BROWN / BROWN
    Date of Birth:
    07/26/1971
    Date of Death:
    03/06/2017
    Place of Birth:
    N/A
    Last Known Address:
    Ethnicity:
    CAUCASIAN
    unclaimed@coroner.lacounty.gov, (323) 343-0755

http://mec.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/m...Num=2017-01875

Her ex-husband https://www.facebook.com/biggles.weedman

Article about her name change - http://www.sj-r.com/x370522881/Dave-...lifornia-thing

I am saddened by the loss of one of the true loves of my life. Pussycat Doppelganger. She took her life with Heroin leaving a note that simply said "Sorry." She new anyone who knew her would know that single word was enough.
    Troubled from the day she arrived, this enigmatic entity fought HARD against the great wall of depression, mania and suicidal thoughts. An incarcerated Father for a henious crime, witness to her Mothers suicide (to which she was told, "You are the reason I must kill myself") no true security or love except friends she accumulated.
    One of the greatest beauties to exist with her almond cat eyes, long, lean limbs, wild hair everyone who met her fell in love with her. I mean IN LOVE. As in, "move in now", "let's go to India", "please, keep taking because i NEED to give", "stay here as long as you like even though it's chaos".
    She had a way of making you want to take care of her. This Amazon of anarchy with a honeycrisp voice. Clicking her tongue piercing when she talked and always keeping eye contact.
    She was the Robin Hood of Romance. Taking things lovers would give her for the benefit of other lovers to receive. NO shame in her game.
    She was not easy. She demanded a lot. Every January (when things were worst for her) the circle of friends left caring for her were texting, calling, like dogs in the neighborhood to each other " she's coming, it's bad, be careful, can you help her? We're burnt out over here"
    All of us wanting to be there but wondering if it coud ever be enough. The thing with depression and suicidal thoughts? For those who know what troubles are it makes sense. It isn't an offense to God, or selfish act against family. It's SELF. Before we are sons, co workers, mothers etc we are SELF.
    Sometimes that pain, no matter what great smelling rose, roadtrip, birth, painting to take in, achievement etc may be around the corner, can not assuage the beast that is depression.
    For those who may be thinking: "Wow, Shelly doesn't seem like she tried or cared very hard." You have no idea. We ALL tried we ALL cared.
    This was HER choice. Fucked up as it was. Much love and support to those who knew her.
    I love you hard Blue Girl. I love you so hard. May the other side bring you solace...

She had a baby with Jared I think :/

Her pinterest - https://pinterest.com/snigglefeck/

https://www.youtube.com/user/Snigglefeck1

I am fairly sure this is her -https://twitter.com/snigglefeck
    Last edited by Olivia; 09-12-2017 at 08:27 PM.

When the status of the body says 'Ready' that means no ones come and picked it up yet for the funeral right?
    I always look in the Additional Info Needed section and sometimes see that's it's been month's saying 'Ready' but wasn't sure if that's what that indicated or not.
    I was just curious about it. Since I've seen a few that have said that even after the obit has been posted by family.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    When the status of the body says 'Ready' that means no ones come and picked it up yet for the funeral right?
    I always look in the Additional Info Needed section and sometimes see that's it's been month's saying 'Ready' but wasn't sure if that's what that indicated or not.
    I was just curious about it. Since I've seen a few that have said that even after the obit has been posted by family.
    I can't figure it out. With jurney hofmann for example, her body status definitely said released. But after her cause of death was updated (three months after her death), body status changed to ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I can't figure it out. With jurney hofmann for example, her body status definitely said released. But after her cause of death was updated (three months after her death), body status changed to ready?
    I think it's a matter of small clerical mistakes. LA County Coroner literally handles hundreds of bodies per month. It's high volume which is why they're so backed up. It's kind of crazy.

Ah okay. Thanks y'all. :)
    I was hoping it was a mistake of some kind.
    I feel fortunate that I have family that I know will take me home. It's incredibly sad that some ppl don't.

https://www.facebook.com/tracey.preisser

Tracey Preisser -

CaseST2017-00320
    Name TRACEY PREISSER
    Age 44
    Gender Female
    Race White
    Date of Arrival 11/13/2017

https://datacatalog.cookcountyil.gov...nbKi&from=root

I'm glad you bumped this. The burial for the Los Angeles unclaimed will take place soon in LA. I'll confirm the day and time, but traditionally it's the first Wednesday in December. If anyone is interested in attending just message me.

I'm in the UK so not sure if claiming a family member is different here. My boyfriend's Mum recently died and I don't believe there was a fee or anything. Also I know people here on a low income and welfare benefits can claim some kinda funeral allowance to give their relative a basic funeral.

I wondered do many people attend the mass burial Boston? It's nice to know that even the most forgetting people in society have the kindness of strangers who attend.

Quote Originally Posted by highhopes View Post
    I'm in the UK so not sure if claiming a family member is different here. My boyfriend's Mum recently died and I don't believe there was a fee or anything. Also I know people here on a low income and welfare benefits can claim some kinda funeral allowance to give their relative a basic funeral.

I wondered do many people attend the mass burial Boston? It's nice to know that even the most forgetting people in society have the kindness of strangers who attend.
    There used to be only around 50 people, but now it's grown to around 200. It gets to be a larger crowd every year. It's nice because the majority of the people being interred are homeless and their families have lost touch with them. Others are still born babies or late term miscarriages. I'm not sure why people opt not to bury them traditionally, perhaps money. Some are just unidentified victims of crime. It's this coming Wednesday, it'll be interesting to see how many people show up this year.

Here's all of the info about the service this Wednesday. If you're in the area, everyone is welcome:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...1&id=578114510

Thread Information