Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unclaimed People

Unclaimed People

I thought it might be interesting to start a thread here discussing people who remain unclaimed after death. The LA ME site has over 6k unclaimed people on their books currently.

ETA - September 2017. I have been contacted by Lynette's family and she has actually been claimed, the mortuary filed the wrong paperwork apparently? I have removed her info

I do not appreciate spectators debating about how our family dealt with my little sister's death three years ago. We claimed her body and have her ashes in our house AND buried at the local cemetery. We spent a ridiculous amount of money we didn't have on her funeral and arrangements because we loved her and thought she deserved the best. I do not want this website to be the first thing that pops up when you search her name. This is not what she died to be remembered for. Remove this thread. It is inaccurate. The mortuary has filed the paperwork incorrectly and this is causing extreme distress to my family. You will be hearing from me until this is removed.
    Last edited by Olivia; 09-13-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Unclaimed people are so sad. How can this family write such a loving obituary, create a fundraiser to help others and not claim her remains? The fundraiser was probably a scam!
    Last edited by Olivia; 09-13-2017 at 05:01 PM.

This was a comment to the article:
    This is such a sad tragedy and my heart is breaking. I became close with Lauren when she was placed with my mother. I took her to rainforests cafe for her 16th birthday, prom shopping at 17. She said she felt like Cinderella all pretty n pink. She was very Intelligent, funny and lovable she deserved a better ending not this tramtic tragedy. You are loved and will never be forgotten Lauren my heart is heavy. I hope my mother finds you n keeps you close. My prayers for your daughter.
    I guess her adopted/foster mother had already passed.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by dtfpaf798 View Post
    Unclaimed people are so sad. How can this family write such a loving obituary, create a fundraiser to help others and not claim her remains? The fundraiser was probably a scam!
    Sorry for the double, but I noticed there was no funeral mention in that obit. I guess they didn't have one.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I thought it might be interesting to start a thread here discussing people who remain unclaimed after death. The LA ME site has over 6k unclaimed people on their books currently.
    Terrific idea! I had no idea there was a fee required to claim a body, and I wonder if other states/ countries charge fees as well? Going on that same train of thought, I wonder if ANYONE can claim ANYONE ELSE'S body as long as they pay the fee?
    Last edited by Olivia; 09-13-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    Terrific idea! I had no idea there was a fee required to claim a body, and I wonder if other states/ countries charge fees as well? Going on that same train of thought, I wonder if ANYONE can claim ANYONE ELSE'S body as long as they pay the fee?
    That was my honestly my first thought. Like, if someone had the cash to spare could they just buy out the place?

So, they had no money to claim her BUT started a GoFundMe to donate to a cause in her name?

Yeah. That's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Like this idea, Olivia. Perhaps an independent thread for each person? People who know the person may have details or find out where or how to claim body.

I believe "next of kin" is the criteria and that may result in unclaims - I wonder.

With Lynette - she was rather young to have an ED diagnosis. Perhaps her body was to be donated to research and no one followed through?

When I participated in a genetic research study, I was given the option to make arrangements for the study to have my body after death. I didn't select that option so I'm not sure what it entailed.

I wish Lauren could have a proper burial to put her tragic death in some peaceful form.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    So, they had no money to claim her BUT started a GoFundMe to donate to a cause in her name?

Yeah. That's bullshit.
    I was about to post the same thing. Straight up bullshit.

I think Boston mentioned something about this year's ago.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    The article stated she was pregnant at the time.

It is also noteworthy to mention he has a tattoo on his chest reading "Only God Can Judge Me". Sounds like Lazarus.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Oops.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    The article stated she was pregnant at the time.

It is also noteworthy to mention he has a tattoo on his chest reading "Only God Can Judge Me". Sounds like Lazarus.
    Well that was just mean.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I know.

Reading this thread lead me to this website. https://datacatalog.cookcountyil.gov/widgets/y8dh-5w5c I clicked the first person and wondered why, and how in this day and age a person could go unidentified. I found a name, Stephanie Taylor, but that's it. Nothing. Not a single thing. I'm not good at this, so I reached out to Peace via Facebook, and she's better at this than I, and guess what she found? Nothing! So, I'm reaching out to you guys, because I feel sorry for this poor woman. Now that I think about it, maybe it wasn't her home. Why wouldn't she have any type of indenfacation in her apartment? Also, they have a sketch, and not a photo which is what some of the other people have, so I'm thinking that she was there for a while. I havne't been in Chicago for years, but last I heard the neighborhood wasn't the best (7146 S. Lowe), but I think that someone would notice a person missing. Or maybe not, we've read about it a lot. I don't know this lady, obviously, but I would love to help her family at least know that she's no longer on this earth. At least allow them the option to start a gofundme for whatever disease she died from....

Some of the "Location(s) Found" are rather depressing:

Floating in Lake Michigan
    Found in Chicago River
    Found in dumpster

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Some of the "Location(s) Found" are rather depressing:

Floating in Lake Michigan
    Found in Chicago River
    Found in dumpster
    Did you see the fetus? I stopped reading at that one. This is a real mystery. Not one police report or anything. Chicago makes me angry at times.

I have a cousin who went missing, I always wonder if I will run into him...err his remains.

The unclaimed people is so much more sad than the unidentified, at least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    The unclaimed people is so much more sad than the unidentified, at least to me.
    SO sad. The ones with GFM and yet are unclaimed, WTF? SO family are happy to profit, but let the person they're profiting off rot being unclaimed? Lovely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Red face

Wow there are soooo many. Ugh. That site reminds me of The Doe Network. For those of you who've never visited the site, I'll see if I can correctly post the link here (I'm not a brand Newbie; I just forget how to do some things here on MDS because most of the time that phone, so I have little access to do something "fancy" like post links!).

http://http://www.doenetwork.org

Wow there are soooo many. Ugh. That site reminds me of The Doe Network. For those of you who've never visited the site, I'll see if I can correctly post the link here (I'm not a brand Newbie; I just forget how to do some things here on MDS because most of the time that phone, so I have little access to do something "fancy" like post links!).

http://http://www.doenetwork.org
    Crappitty crap crap crap!
    Berm has told me very clearly how to do these things, but I do this so rarely that I always fuck it up.
    My Plan B: type doenetwork dot com in your browser or search engine. Not sure if you need the www or not.
    Sorry I'm a moron.

Crappitty crap crap crap!
    Berm has told me very clearly how to do these things, but I do this so rarely that I always fuck it up.
    My Plan B: type doenetwork dot com in your browser or search engine. Not sure if you need the www or not.
    Sorry I'm a moron.
    Crappity crap, cubed! It's doenetwork dot org

Here's the whole database of unclaimed people.
    The UnClaimed Persons database (UCP) contains information about deceased persons who have been identified by name, but for whom no next of kin or family member has been identified or located to claim the body for burial or other disposition.
    Only medical examiners and coroners may enter cases in the UCP database. However, the database is searchable by the public using a missing person?s name and year of birth.
    https://www.claimus.org/

And this is where it list all the cases. There are sooooo many.
    https://www.claimus.org/cases

This is just one page. Just be warned- if you click on "show case" sometimes they have the picture.
    5 03-1014 James McCulloch 2003-06-05 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    6 03-1668 Larrious Taylor 2003-10-02 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    8 04-0054 Herman Dougherty 2004-01-07 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    13 10-0284 Robert Parks 2010-02-03 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    14 10-0275 Augustine Robles 2010-02-02 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    * 20 03-0665 Ernest Hill 2003-04-11 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    22 09-2362 Peter Neuer 2009-12-30 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    23 09-2247 Carl Baxter 2009-12-14 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    28 09-1920 James Waite 2009-10-30 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    32 09-1454 William Wilson 2009-08-19 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    34 09-1343 Kelly Nail 2009-07-31 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    35 09-1028 John Smith 2009-06-11 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    37 09-0909 Patrick Flynn 2009-05-21 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    38 09-0887 Samuel Johnson 2009-05-18 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    41 09-0666 George Cloud 2009-03-20 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    43 09-0568 Edward McKinney 2009-03-27 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    45 09-0549 Willie Thomas, Jr. 2009-03-24 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    46 09-0538 Cornell Thomas 2009-03-22 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    47 09-0450 Joseph Clover 2009-03-08 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    48 09-0347 Gene Gates 2009-02-21 Fulton Georgia Show Case
    Last edited by bermstalker; 03-17-2017 at 12:23 AM.

So are they cremated or frozen? I can see how a very poor family might hesitate to claim an intact body if they can't pay for a funeral on top of the fee. Which sucks, but not as much as the idea of just not caring. Also many of them died long before GFM. If they're older, they probably have no idea it exists.

I wish I could claim them all and have their ashes scattered somewhere beautiful.

That may be the creepiest thing I've ever said.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    So are they cremated or frozen? I can see how a very poor family might hesitate to claim an intact body if they can't pay for a funeral on top of the fee. Which sucks, but not as much as the idea of just not caring. Also many of them died long before GFM. If they're older, they probably have no idea it exists.

I wish I could claim them all and have their ashes scattered somewhere beautiful.

That may be the creepiest thing I've ever said.
    They keep the bodies for so long. I guess it depends on the state, but after so long they cremated them. Boston mentioned that there is a ceremony where she lives once a year for the unclaimed.

Thread Information