Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unclaimed People

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unclaimed People

I thought it might be interesting to start a thread here discussing people who remain unclaimed after death. The LA ME site has over 6k unclaimed people on their books currently.

ETA - September 2017. I have been contacted by Lynette's family and she has actually been claimed, the mortuary filed the wrong paperwork apparently? I have removed her info

I do not appreciate spectators debating about how our family dealt with my little sister's death three years ago. We claimed her body and have her ashes in our house AND buried at the local cemetery. We spent a ridiculous amount of money we didn't have on her funeral and arrangements because we loved her and thought she deserved the best. I do not want this website to be the first thing that pops up when you search her name. This is not what she died to be remembered for. Remove this thread. It is inaccurate. The mortuary has filed the paperwork incorrectly and this is causing extreme distress to my family. You will be hearing from me until this is removed.
    Last edited by Olivia; 09-13-2017 at 05:01 PM.

This was a comment to the article:
    This is such a sad tragedy and my heart is breaking. I became close with Lauren when she was placed with my mother. I took her to rainforests cafe for her 16th birthday, prom shopping at 17. She said she felt like Cinderella all pretty n pink. She was very Intelligent, funny and lovable she deserved a better ending not this tramtic tragedy. You are loved and will never be forgotten Lauren my heart is heavy. I hope my mother finds you n keeps you close. My prayers for your daughter.
    I guess her adopted/foster mother had already passed.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    The article stated she was pregnant at the time.

It is also noteworthy to mention he has a tattoo on his chest reading "Only God Can Judge Me". Sounds like Lazarus.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Oops.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post

It is also noteworthy to mention he has a tattoo on his chest reading "Only God Can Judge Me". Sounds like Lazarus.
    Well that was just mean.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Reading this thread lead me to this website. https://datacatalog.cookcountyil.gov/widgets/y8dh-5w5c I clicked the first person and wondered why, and how in this day and age a person could go unidentified. I found a name, Stephanie Taylor, but that's it. Nothing. Not a single thing. I'm not good at this, so I reached out to Peace via Facebook, and she's better at this than I, and guess what she found? Nothing! So, I'm reaching out to you guys, because I feel sorry for this poor woman. Now that I think about it, maybe it wasn't her home. Why wouldn't she have any type of indenfacation in her apartment? Also, they have a sketch, and not a photo which is what some of the other people have, so I'm thinking that she was there for a while. I havne't been in Chicago for years, but last I heard the neighborhood wasn't the best (7146 S. Lowe), but I think that someone would notice a person missing. Or maybe not, we've read about it a lot. I don't know this lady, obviously, but I would love to help her family at least know that she's no longer on this earth. At least allow them the option to start a gofundme for whatever disease she died from....

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Reading this thread lead me to this website. https://datacatalog.cookcountyil.gov/widgets/y8dh-5w5c I clicked the first person and wondered why, and how in this day and age a person could go unidentified. I found a name, Stephanie Taylor, but that's it. Nothing. Not a single thing. I'm not good at this, so I reached out to Peace via Facebook, and she's better at this than I, and guess what she found? Nothing! So, I'm reaching out to you guys, because I feel sorry for this poor woman. Now that I think about it, maybe it wasn't her home. Why wouldn't she have any type of indenfacation in her apartment? Also, they have a sketch, and not a photo which is what some of the other people have, so I'm thinking that she was there for a while. I havne't been in Chicago for years, but last I heard the neighborhood wasn't the best (7146 S. Lowe), but I think that someone would notice a person missing. Or maybe not, we've read about it a lot. I don't know this lady, obviously, but I would love to help her family at least know that she's no longer on this earth. At least allow them the option to start a gofundme for whatever disease she died from....
    Yeah, we had no luck with this one. I just don't understand how people can die and NOBODY seems to care. So fucking sad.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Nah his reads " Only God Can Judge ME, But I Will Judge You ... & You ... & YOU"

Apparently her mother is alive... Can't imagine not claiming your only child no matter what the cost. So sad.
    ?
    The victim in this case is my only daughter. I pray that anyone with the smallest amount of information comes forward. Remember "there but for the grace of God go i" this could have been your child. Policarpio is a father of two but still didn't have enough sympathy in his heart to remember what this would do to those who loved Lauren. I will do whatever it takes to see this horrible man brought to justice and i will be in court to see him convicted.

? Jerilyn olguin
    April 30, 2016 at 8:42 p.m.

They announced her funeral for April 29, so I'm wondering why she's unclaimed still. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    They announced her funeral for April 29, so I'm wondering why she's unclaimed still. :(
    Who is this in relation to?

Unclaimed people are so sad. How can this family write such a loving obituary, create a fundraiser to help others and not claim her remains? The fundraiser was probably a scam!
    Last edited by Olivia; 09-13-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtfpaf798 View Post
    Unclaimed people are so sad. How can this family write such a loving obituary, create a fundraiser to help others and not claim her remains? The fundraiser was probably a scam!
    Sorry for the double, but I noticed there was no funeral mention in that obit. I guess they didn't have one.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I thought it might be interesting to start a thread here discussing people who remain unclaimed after death. The LA ME site has over 6k unclaimed people on their books currently.
    Terrific idea! I had no idea there was a fee required to claim a body, and I wonder if other states/ countries charge fees as well? Going on that same train of thought, I wonder if ANYONE can claim ANYONE ELSE'S body as long as they pay the fee?
    Last edited by Olivia; 09-13-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    Terrific idea! I had no idea there was a fee required to claim a body, and I wonder if other states/ countries charge fees as well? Going on that same train of thought, I wonder if ANYONE can claim ANYONE ELSE'S body as long as they pay the fee?
    That was my honestly my first thought. Like, if someone had the cash to spare could they just buy out the place?

So, they had no money to claim her BUT started a GoFundMe to donate to a cause in her name?

Yeah. That's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Like this idea, Olivia. Perhaps an independent thread for each person? People who know the person may have details or find out where or how to claim body.

I believe "next of kin" is the criteria and that may result in unclaims - I wonder.

With Lynette - she was rather young to have an ED diagnosis. Perhaps her body was to be donated to research and no one followed through?

When I participated in a genetic research study, I was given the option to make arrangements for the study to have my body after death. I didn't select that option so I'm not sure what it entailed.

I wish Lauren could have a proper burial to put her tragic death in some peaceful form.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Bowhay, Lynette Danae
    7 November 1995 - 14 March 2014
    Lynette Danae Bowhay was battling a genetic disease, Ehler's-Danlos Syndrome (EDS), which would be life-long and wrecked havoc on her mind and body. Lynette's physical and emotional pain was too intense, she was a brilliant, beautiful girl, and too young to accept her fate. Lynette died peacefully, with dignity and grace.
    Back in November 2012, I received my own diagnosis for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, after I sought out and put in a referral for my own self, to go see a geneticist and have a consultation. I have since learned a great deal about the this debilitating condition, specifically with the hypermobility type (III). The Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes/spectrum is one seriously MASSIVE range of all sorts of different issues, symptoms and comobidities that can also occur along with it, and all these symptoms of which can also vary within their own individual severeness. EDS can oftenly be difficult to pinpoint and identify that/when somebody may be suffering from this condition... simply because said person-not-knowing they are dealing with it, may only suffer from migraines and habitual subluxations, and never seek 'treatment' for either of these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by wondery View Post
    With Lynette - she was rather young to have an ED diagnosis. Perhaps her body was to be donated to research and no one followed through?
    When I participated in a genetic research study, I was given the option to make arrangements for the study to have my body after death. I didn't select that option so I'm not sure what it entailed.
    Two hypothetical thoughts on this; first one being, because of the mention that Lynette was battling EDS, for probably like most others, essentially her whole life... she may have accrued an exorbitant amount of medical debt/bills that went unpaid. I could see how some next of kin may possibly be reluctant to claim a body with what they saw as essentially an enormous price tag attached.

Second thought on this being, since I have noticed some interest in this idea amongst the various internet-EDS support groups that I frequent...
    she could voiced to her family or friends that she wanted or planned to donate her body to medical science for study after death; basically this then serves as a way to 'cover the cost of your own funeral' by eliminating having one altogether.

So while I realize this scenario is probably, seriously much less likely, if at all the real, reality of the situation; I figured I'd only bring it up because it could have been one little thing that caused this confusion amongst the family, only for them to never truly find out that Lynette actually made no plans or organ/body donation, thereby nothing had ever been set in place for her in the event of her death.

I also notice the obit reads like she may have eventually decided to take her own life; so I'm acknowledging here I could totallyyy be wrong about any of these speculations/assumptions... with the exception of the EDS information and what not, I'm damn near an expert in that field by now.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    So, they had no money to claim her BUT started a GoFundMe to donate to a cause in her name?

Yeah. That's bullshit.
    I was about to post the same thing. Straight up bullshit.

I think Boston mentioned something about this year's ago.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I know.

Some of the "Location(s) Found" are rather depressing:

Floating in Lake Michigan
    Found in Chicago River
    Found in dumpster

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Some of the "Location(s) Found" are rather depressing:

Floating in Lake Michigan
    Found in Chicago River
    Found in dumpster
    Did you see the fetus? I stopped reading at that one. This is a real mystery. Not one police report or anything. Chicago makes me angry at times.

I have a cousin who went missing, I always wonder if I will run into him...err his remains.

The unclaimed people is so much more sad than the unidentified, at least to me.

Thread Information