Page 93 of 195 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 4865

Thread: Birth Control, tampons, and other women's stuff. Beware!

Re: Birth Control, tampons, and other women's stuff. Beware!

The Mirena has been known to cause hair loss too.  :|

After the trauma of the Mirena, I took a break from it all.  Then, I went back on the pill- only to have my boobs swell up and be all heavy, be nauseated all the time, and moody as hell.  I'm done with hormones.  Condoms until the boyfriend gets a vasectomy.

I went to the gyno for the first time this year.  I know, that's fucking stupid, but everything came back clear and I'm going to say on top of it now.  He put me on Loestrin for BC, but I hate it because it makes me retain a ton of water and makes me act like a giant c-unit.  I went off of it a few weeks ago and just got my first period in months (the Loestrin made me spot for a few days but never a full period).  I've always had heavy periods complete with horrible cramps, like in high school I'd have to stay home from school the first day of my period each month, and the BC alleviated that, but this is the worst pain and heaviest flow I've ever had.  Like I went to a store on my lunch break and had to run out because I was going to pass out.  I feel super weak and vomity and crampy and gross and I have to change a super max tampon like every 3 hours.  Obviously, I need to go on another form of BC to regulate this but I am supremely uninformed about this stuff.  Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp.
    The heaviness especially in this new extreme could be from fibriods - have you ever had an ultrasound?  Ultra heavy periods can be a symptom of them.  The thing is I've got a friendly little one inside of me and we get on okay but if I take anything birth control that involves hormones (so just about all of them) the hormones effect it - makes it grow!!  I ultimately discovered this after landing in emergency after a doctor convinced me to try an IUD with a low dosage direct hormone release in it - 48 hours later I was in agony.  After it was removed it all went back to normal.

Maybe you could try a really low dose implant (I'm in Australia but I am guessing they must be in the states too) as that would kill the period thing but hopefully minimise other side effects - if it does not you can get it removed. 

When you go in search of honey you must expect to be stung by bees.

Yaz is not the way to go. Stay away ladies.  :kiss3:
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

nery asked about ben wa balls in another thread, and i don't know why i failed to bring them up in this thread.

they are awsesome.  i went to a physical therapist for my endo pain, and learned a lot about kegels, massage, and other exercises to keep my c.unt pain free.  for years i would have the worst cramps after/druing sex.  climaxing was excruciating and would leave me in pain for hours on end.  not fun at all. 

most of what i did in physical therapy i do in yoga now i just do kegle exercises while i practice.  maybe sometime i'll look up the info the pt gave me years ago and repost it here.  she was quite helpful.

is it even possible to take 4 otc pregnancy tests and have two positive and two negative?

no blood test yet.  i guess not all planned parenthoods are funded appropriately.  go fucking figure.  :|

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=7110.msg1458344#msg1458344 date=1259307038]
    is it even possible to take 4 otc pregnancy tests and have two positive and two negative?

no blood test yet.  i guess not all planned parenthoods are funded appropriately.  go fucking figure.  :|
    [/quote]

Absolutely.  Positive means positive, but negative could mean positive or negative.  So the fact there are two positives mean that a person is pregnant, for sure.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=7110.msg1458384#msg1458384 date=1259325102]
    Absolutely.  Positive means positive, but negative could mean positive or negative.  So the fact there are two positives mean that a person is pregnant, for sure.
    [/quote]

Unless....the positive tests were read outside the time frame because those could possibly be evaporation lines.

If they were blue dye tests, see if you can get pink dye ones. I've heard of too many people getting false positives on blue dye tests so I think they're evil. I think the Equate tests from Walmart are pretty sensitive and reliable but you have to check the box to make sure they have pink dye.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=7110.msg1458384#msg1458384 date=1259325102]
    [/quote]

fuck.

[quote author=rps67 link=topic=7110.msg1458395#msg1458395 date=1259328812]
    Unless....the positive tests were read outside the time frame because those could possibly be evaporation lines.

If they were blue dye tests, see if you can get pink dye ones. I've heard of too many people getting false positives on blue dye tests so I think they're evil. I think the Equate tests from Walmart are pretty sensitive and reliable but you have to check the box to make sure they have pink dye.
    [/quote]

she did say it was the two tests from walmart that were positive and the two from dollar general that were negative.  i guess the planned parenthood she went to used the same test she bought at dollar general, i'm not sure what color the dye was though.  ugh.

thanks ladies. 

i should have sent my sister to babysit for me last night.  she should have been the one changing diapers, not me. 

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=7110.msg1458494#msg1458494 date=1259341415]
    fuck.

she did say it was the two tests from walmart that were positive and the two from dollar general that were negative.  i guess the planned parenthood she went to used the same test she bought at dollar general, i'm not sure what color the dye was though.  ugh.

thanks ladies. 

i should have sent my sister to babysit for me last night.  she should have been the one changing diapers, not me. 
    [/quote]

I hate to say this, but when my friend Katie was pregnant, she took her first pregnancy test from a brand she bought at Meijer (grocery store) it came up positive.  Her second test was negative, but from the dollar store.  I made her go back to Meijer to buy a name brand pregnancy test because I knew she was pregnant.  Well, she has a one year old now. 

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=7110.msg1458494#msg1458494 date=1259341415]
    fuck.

thanks ladies. 

[/quote]

I'm sorry. In this case, I'd probably believe that she's pregnant. The tests from Walmart are pretty sensitive.

[quote author=rps67 link=topic=7110.msg1458643#msg1458643 date=1259350820]
    I'm sorry. In this case, I'd probably believe that she's pregnant. The tests from Walmart are pretty sensitive.

[/quote]

i totally thought she was full of bullshit when she was taking about walmart test this blah blah blah.  :| 

shows how much i know.  i went to fucking walgreens.  :|  i guess there is something worth buying at walmart after all? 

thanks everyone. 

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=7110.msg1458344#msg1458344 date=1259307038]

[/quote]I took 12 tests (lol)- 6 positive, 6 negative. I had already miscarried so that was why- I still had the pregnancy hormone. Maybe that's her deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=7110.msg1458905#msg1458905 date=1259368369]
    I took 12 tests (lol)- 6 positive, 6 negative. I had already miscarried so that was why- I still had the pregnancy hormone. Maybe that's her deal.

[/quote]

:2shocked:  so she could have miscarried already and still test positive? 

well, even if that is the case i have a feeling she'll just try again.  :|  i think i'm just gonna fold on this one, honestly. 

I took 6 with Ashden. 4 were poistive, 2 negative. The first 2 were Wal-mart. One positive one negative. Then, I took some name brand one. Negative. So, I took 2 of the clear blue easy ones that actually say the words and the both said pregnant and of course then the doctor one that said pregnant.

Man.  I bought a double pack, both were positive and I turned around and made an appointment at the clinic  :|

Something tells me I'll never actually have a kid, and even though that's great for maintaining my dainty feet, I'm a little sad.

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=7110.msg1458954#msg1458954 date=1259371058]
    Something tells me I'll never actually have a kid, and even though that's great for maintaining my dainty feet, I'm a little sad.
    [/quote]

i'm pretty sure my chances were squandered.  it's heart breaking, but at least it's a tiny bit easier to deal with it now that i'm single.

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=7110.msg1458955#msg1458955 date=1259371162]

i'm pretty sure my chances were squandered.  it's heart breaking, but at least it's a tiny bit easier to deal with it now that i'm single.
    [/quote]

Why?

I had pelvic inflammatory disease when I was 18, it was so bad that I couldn't walk and an ambulance had to take me to the ER.  I thought for sure I didn't have anything, bc I had a boyfriend and was not sleeping around!  Well, HE was, and he gave me chlamydia.  He had no symptoms, of course.  To his credit, he was young and stupid too, and he really beat himself up over it once he found out what it did to my body.  But meh.  :|

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=7110.msg1458959#msg1458959 date=1259371434]
    Why?

I had pelvic inflammatory disease when I was 18, it was so bad that I couldn't walk and an ambulance had to take me to the ER.  I thought for sure I didn't have anything, bc I had a boyfriend and was not sleeping around!  Well, HE was, and he gave me chlamydia.  He had no symptoms, of course.  To his credit, he was young and stupid too, and he really beat himself up over it once he found out what it did to my body.  But meh.  :|
    [/quote]

Twins, but I was 16.  And I have Sam.

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=7110.msg1458959#msg1458959 date=1259371434]
    Why?

[/quote]

that is awful, but i know many girls who have gone thru the simmilar situations.  everyone i know had chlamydia, no idea how i ever dodged that one.  

i have endo and one ovary and i'm pushing 30 and single.  the goal was always to get a hyst when i turned 30 but now i have no idea what i'm going to do.  

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=7110.msg1458963#msg1458963 date=1259371589]
    Twins, but I was 16.  And I have Sam.
    [/quote]

:2shocked: Slut! j/k

And Emmie, I forgot about the endo thing.  So you do or don't ever want kids?  Would you rather adopt?

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=7110.msg1458966#msg1458966 date=1259371768]
    :2shocked: Slut! j/k

And Emmie, I forgot about the endo thing.  So you do or don't ever want kids?  Would you rather adopt?

[/quote]

i want kids.  that is why i left jim, because he thinks i'm a horrible mother and refused to give me one.  i will adopt someday because i think it's my only option at this point.  i wish it would have worked out differently but i do my best to not get all wrapped up in it now. 

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=7110.msg1458968#msg1458968 date=1259371887]
    i want kids.  that is why i left jim, because he thinks i'm a horrible mother and refused to give me one.  i will adopt someday because i think it's my only option at this point.  i wish it would have worked out differently but i do my best to not get all wrapped up in it now. 
    [/quote]

I'd like to adopt eventually, even if I can have my own kids.  I'd probably try and adopt an older child though, because everybody seems to want a baby and not give a shit about the older kids.  I can understand that, in a way, but those older kids need a family too.  I'm thinking age 5-10 or so.  Kids older than that, I'd have to get to know them first because as much as I want to help, I wouldn't want to put myself or any other family/kids living with me in danger.

[quote author=nerysinci link=topic=7110.msg1458975#msg1458975 date=1259372377]
    I'd like to adopt eventually, even if I can have my own kids.  I'd probably try and adopt an older child though, because everybody seems to want a baby and not give a shit about the older kids.  I can understand that, in a way, but those older kids need a family too.  I'm thinking age 5-10 or so.  Kids older than that, I'd have to get to know them first because as much as I want to help, I wouldn't want to put myself or any other family/kids living with me in danger.
    [/quote]

i'd like to adopt a young child, so much developement when they're young i'd hate to miss out on.  now i just watch all my friends kids for them, they fill the gapping hole in my life that is jim's daughter.  of course i'm in no position at all right now to adopt, but it's good motivation to work on getting my shit together.  honestly, its the one thing i tell myself might be good about my sister's having kids young, if they're anything like me it may have been their only opportunity to have thier own kids.  i am SO happy i didn't have a child with jim, though.  it's the only good thing about the whole situation.

[quote author=emmieslost link=topic=7110.msg1458980#msg1458980 date=1259372639]
    i'd like to adopt a young child, so much developement when they're young i'd hate to miss out on.  now i just watch all my friends kids for them, they fill the gapping hole in my life that is jim's daughter.  of course i'm in no position at all right now to adopt, but it's good motivation to work on getting my shit together.  honestly, its the one thing i tell myself might be good about my sister's having kids young, if they're anything like me it may have been their only opportunity to have thier own kids.  i am SO happy i didn't have a child with jim, though.  it's the only good thing about the whole situation.
    [/quote]

I'd want to adopt a young child bc I'd want to make sure they're well taken care of and nurtured during that time of development, so they have a better chance of succeeding later on.  But I've read a lot about older kids just sitting there while the youngen's get new families, and it makes me sad.

Thread Information