Page 43 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 4915

Thread: Birth Control, tampons, and other women's stuff. Beware!

Re: Birth Control, tampons, and other women's stuff. Beware!

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=7110.msg829945#msg829945 date=1209233534]
    Has anyone taken Microgestin before? If so, how are/were your experiences (PMS/PMDD-wise) with it? I'm starting my first packet tomorrow. Previously, I was taking Yasmin (mainly for the PMDD relief), but had to get off of it because it was making me feel sick to my stomach 24/7. :-(
    [/quote]

:2wave:

Been on Microgestin for almost a year now.
    There are at least two kinds, though... I'm on the 1/20 (all active pills the same dose/color) for continuous cycling. I've been on five different pills in the six years I've been taking BC. Microgestin is my fave, definitely. I don't get cramps or bleed because of the continuous cycling regimen, so I can't advise you on that... but it's one of two pills (Estrostep was the other) that didn't make me yack and feel nauseated all day (and Estrostep killed my libido BAAAAAD).

I likey.

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

[quote author=Fleta link=topic=7110.msg830166#msg830166 date=1209248790]
    :2wave:

Been on Microgestin for almost a year now.
    There are at least two kinds, though... I'm on the 1/20 (all active pills the same dose/color) for continuous cycling. I've been on five different pills in the six years I've been taking BC. Microgestin is my fave, definitely. I don't get cramps or bleed because of the continuous cycling regimen, so I can't advise you on that... but it's one of two pills (Estrostep was the other) that didn't make me yack and feel nauseated all day (and Estrostep killed my libido BAAAAAD).

I likey.
    [/quote]

Gotcha! Thanks. :-)

I will initially be taking the other kind (the non-continuous cycling kind), but if I'm not having problems with side effects after a couple months, I'll probably see if I can switch to the 1/20. To not have to worry about a period for a while (I'm not really on birth control for the "birth control" factor, just for the terrible, two week-long PMS!!) would be absolute Heaven!

I've been on Yasmin for about 5 years now.  My cramps have gotten better!  I've never been a heavy bleeder, so I didn't notice any change there.  I still do have horrendous cramps on days 1 and 2, but after that, it's pretty much just spotting with no pain for days 3-6.  My doc said that it's OK to start your pill pack a day early each month.. For instance, if last month you did a Sunday start, do a Saturday start (so you only take 6 sugar pills instead of 7).  Apparently it actually increases the effectiveness of the birth control, especially in women who ovulate at silly times.
    born to be down

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=7110.msg830198#msg830198 date=1209251817]
    Gotcha! Thanks. :-)

I will initially be taking the other kind (the non-continuous cycling kind), but if I'm not having problems with side effects after a couple months, I'll probably see if I can switch to the 1/20. To not have to worry about a period for a while (I'm not really on birth control for the "birth control" factor, just for the terrible, two week-long PMS!!) would be absolute Heaven!
    [/quote]

I'm on pills for the horrendous cramps I get when I cycle. I started pills almost two years before I lost my virginity! We're talking cramps that had me vomiting, crying, unable to sleep, eat, or even walk at times. After three years, the improvement from the pills was still insignificant, so they told me to continuously cycle for 3 month stints. About a year ago, when I went in for my yearly, I confessed to my doc that I'd gone six months without cycling because the anxiety alone about getting my period, had almost the same interference with my life as the cramps themselves. She asked why I cycled at all. Explained that it's not necessary, it's just that most women prefer cycling from time to time. I haven't had a period in almost a year. It freakin rocks. I would recommend it to anyone who felt they would benefit from it. No anxiety, no debilitating cramps, no tampons, no icky sex, no ruined panties, no surprises. I absolutely dread the day I have to change BC methods again.

[quote author=Fleta link=topic=7110.msg830305#msg830305 date=1209257407]
    I'm on pills for the horrendous cramps I get when I cycle. I started pills almost two years before I lost my virginity! We're talking cramps that had me vomiting, crying, unable to sleep, eat, or even walk at times. After three years, the improvement from the pills was still insignificant, so they told me to continuously cycle for 3 month stints. About a year ago, when I went in for my yearly, I confessed to my doc that I'd gone six months without cycling because the anxiety alone about getting my period, had almost the same interference with my life as the cramps themselves. She asked why I cycled at all. Explained that it's not necessary, it's just that most women prefer cycling from time to time. I haven't had a period in almost a year. It freakin rocks. I would recommend it to anyone who felt they would benefit from it. No anxiety, no debilitating cramps, no tampons, no icky sex, no ruined panties, no surprises. I absolutely dread the day I have to change BC methods again.
    [/quote]

Yeouch!! Thank God I don't have to deal with PMS that is that extreme -- but I'm very sorry that you've had to experience that in the past. I'm glad you were able to find something that helps!! Thank God for the intelligence of prescription medication-creators... 

My PMS is usually about two weeks of emotional problems (well, moreso than the emotional problems I normally deal with, LOL): I get very weepy and irritable, not to mention my self-esteem plummets horribly -- I've been known to skip going out and having fun, just because I feel so terrible about my body/how I look... I also get extremely cold, even in the middle of summer, but will wake up in the middle of the night, soaked in sweat (and still freezing cold). The cramps don't hit until about a half hour before my period is actually going to begin, but my back will ache for at least a week.

[quote author=Solara23 link=topic=7110.msg830261#msg830261 date=1209255949]
    I've been on Yasmin for about 5 years now.  My cramps have gotten better!  I've never been a heavy bleeder, so I didn't notice any change there.  I still do have horrendous cramps on days 1 and 2, but after that, it's pretty much just spotting with no pain for days 3-6.  My doc said that it's OK to start your pill pack a day early each month.. For instance, if last month you did a Sunday start, do a Saturday start (so you only take 6 sugar pills instead of 7).  Apparently it actually increases the effectiveness of the birth control, especially in women who ovulate at silly times.
    [/quote]

I haven't started my period yet, but I figured I might as well start the Microgestin today. If it means I skip this month's period, I'll be so happy. ;-)

[quote author=MissLyss link=topic=7110.msg829648#msg829648 date=1209186847]
    Believe me, the pain is ABSOLUTELY worth it. I haven't had to use a pad or tampon for six months. It's been WONDERFUL. I love it. I would recommend it to ANYONE.
    [/quote]

I have yet to stop bleeding since I got my IUD in early March.  Well, actually since I had the kid in January. 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT. 

I was worried it was going to be painful, but it didn't hurt during insertion..then again my daughter was crying so I think that knowing I will not be capable of going through a screaming baby for at least 5 years was my anesthetic. :lol:

It did hurt for a few weeks afterwards though, just an uncomfortable cramping, that I actually still get every so often but not everyday like it was for those first two weeks.

I've always been a bleeder.  The depo shot messed me up.  I was worried the same would happen with the IUD, and I think it has

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=7110.msg831184#msg831184 date=1209315873]
    I haven't started my period yet, but I figured I might as well start the Microgestin today. If it means I skip this month's period, I'll be so happy. ;-)
    [/quote]

Im on the pill and I skip the period pills all the time! I dont think i have had a period in a year. At the end of this pack though i am going to let my period come though i guess.

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=7110.msg831184#msg831184 date=1209315873]
    [/quote]

That's not how it works.  You'll totally fuck up your cycle.  In fact, you might end up with two really sucky periods instead of one.  The reason they tell you to start right after your period is so your body will cycle properly.  If you want to skip your period next month, just skip the sugar pills.  However, my experience with skipping periods on the pill is that I still feel gross and bloated and crampy, with none of the relief.

You slept with mike so he would ban me. change your sig..the pretentious look how hipster face is so old ooh you like guys with glasses..ooooh

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=7110.msg831446#msg831446 date=1209326356]
    That's not how it works.  You'll totally fuck up your cycle.  In fact, you might end up with two really sucky periods instead of one.  The reason they tell you to start right after your period is so your body will cycle properly.  If you want to skip your period next month, just skip the sugar pills.  However, my experience with skipping periods on the pill is that I still feel gross and bloated and crampy, with none of the relief.
    [/quote]

I get a little bloated when I skip periods, but I must say I dont get any of my usual cramps.  I only skip periods for vacations or special occasion stuff, though.  I am one of those people who would worry constantly about being pregnant without it.  As much as I hate my period, it causes me many sighs of relief  :-)
    born to be down

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=7110.msg831191#msg831191 date=1209316269]
    I have yet to stop bleeding since I got my IUD in early March.  Well, actually since I had the kid in January. 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT. 

I was worried it was going to be painful, but it didn't hurt during insertion..then again my daughter was crying so I think that knowing I will not be capable of going through a screaming baby for at least 5 years was my anesthetic. :lol:

It did hurt for a few weeks afterwards though, just an uncomfortable cramping, that I actually still get every so often but not everyday like it was for those first two weeks.

I've always been a bleeder.  The depo shot messed me up.  I was worried the same would happen with the IUD, and I think it has
    [/quote]

I bled for about about a month and a half after insertion but it was really light. You just had your baby in January? That might do it. Some women bleed for a while. I bled like I had my period after I had Zoe and was feeling healed enough for sex in two weeks.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=7110.msg831446#msg831446 date=1209326356]
    That's not how it works.   You'll totally fuck up your cycle.  In fact, you might end up with two really sucky periods instead of one.  The reason they tell you to start right after your period is so your body will cycle properly.  If you want to skip your period next month, just skip the sugar pills.  However, my experience with skipping periods on the pill is that I still feel gross and bloated and crampy, with none of the relief.
    [/quote]

I honestly don't care if I skip my period. 

on the shot i could not have sex...is/was that normal?

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=7110.msg832829#msg832829 date=1209400824]
    I honestly don't care if I skip my period. 
    [/quote]

No, if you take the pill too early, you won't skip your period.  You'll get your regular period because it takes a month for the pills to kick in.  Then, you will most likely experience a 'second period' with cramping, bloating, and spotting, about two weeks into the pill.

You slept with mike so he would ban me. change your sig..the pretentious look how hipster face is so old ooh you like guys with glasses..ooooh

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=7110.msg832954#msg832954 date=1209408283]
    No, if you take the pill too early, you won't skip your period.  You'll get your regular period because it takes a month for the pills to kick in.  Then, you will most likely experience a 'second period' with cramping, bloating, and spotting, about two weeks into the pill.

[/quote]

What shall come will come. Can't stop taking them now just because I supposedly fucked up.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=megjon05 link=topic=7110.msg832841#msg832841 date=1209401853]
    on the shot i could not have sex...is/was that normal?
    [/quote]No.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=7110.msg833007#msg833007 date=1209413922]
    What shall come will come. Can't stop taking them now just because I supposedly fucked up.
    [/quote]

Well, I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm just issuing a heads up because I've been there before.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=7110.msg833117#msg833117 date=1209421250]
    Well, I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm just issuing a heads up because I've been there before.
    [/quote]

I understand, thanks. I just don't want to stop taking them and waste the rest of this month's dosage, since I already took two.  :|

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=7110.msg833183#msg833183 date=1209425255]
    I understand, thanks. I just don't want to stop taking them and waste the rest of this month's dosage, since I already took two.  :|
    [/quote]Why? I mean, you're kind of wasting it anyway, right?

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=7110.msg833204#msg833204 date=1209425996]
    Why? I mean, you're kind of wasting it anyway, right?
    [/quote]

How so?

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=7110.msg833183#msg833183 date=1209425255]
    [/quote]

I've started bc in the middle of my "cycle", but only to stop my period that had lasted like a month or something. It may take two cycles with the bc to regulate your period. You may skip a period or you may have two periods in one month. Either way by the end of your second pack you should be back on schedule.

Why can't men menstruate and have babies. WHY?!  :2angry:
    [quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=11868.msg845550#msg845550 date=1210298679]<br />Only difference is bbc is awesome.<br />[/quote]<br />

[quote author=bbc link=topic=7110.msg833215#msg833215 date=1209426319]
    I've started bc in the middle of my &quot;cycle&quot;, but only to stop my period that had lasted like a month or something. It may take two cycles with the bc to regulate your period. You may skip a period or you may have two periods in one month. Either way by the end of your second pack you should be back on schedule.

Why can't men menstruate and have babies. WHY?!&nbsp; :2angry:
    [/quote]

I've had a period twice in one month (beginning of the month, then end of the month) without even being on birth control, so if that happens, I guess that's what I'll hafta deal with.&nbsp; I had just waited over a month to even get this prescription after ending my Yasmin, so I kinda wanted to start right away, particularly since the emotional part of my PMS is really terrible the past couple days. Seems like I just can't do anything right, or please anybody, so far this week...

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=7110.msg833219#msg833219 date=1209426555]
    I've had a period twice in one month (beginning of the month, then end of the month) without even being on birth control, so if that happens, I guess that's what I'll hafta deal with.&nbsp; I had just waited over a month to even get this prescription after ending my Yasmin, so I kinda wanted to start right away, particularly since the emotional part of my PMS is really terrible the past couple days. Seems like I just can't do anything right, or please anybody, so far this week...
    [/quote]

I'm not getting on to you. I was just telling you that it may take until your second pack for you to get to where you start your period when you should. Just letting you know that your cycle isn't fucked forever. Your periods, lack of or abundance of, don't upset me at all. ;)
    [quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=11868.msg845550#msg845550 date=1210298679]<br />Only difference is bbc is awesome.<br />[/quote]<br />

[quote author=bbc link=topic=7110.msg833222#msg833222 date=1209426743]
    I'm not getting on to you. I was just telling you that it may take until your second pack for you to get to where you start your period when you should. Just letting you know that your cycle isn't fucked forever. Your periods, lack of or abundance of, don't upset me at all. ;)
    [/quote]

Oh no! I didn't mean you, sorry.&nbsp; And thank you for the information.

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=7110.msg833212#msg833212 date=1209426270]
    How so?
    [/quote]Well isn't it just perpetuating the cycle? (Cycle, tehee.) You take it wrong this month, it's going to be wrong next month, etc. I would think it would be better to get back on track and just throw this pack out then take pills that aren't going to be as effective as possible anyway.

Then again, I always forget to take my pills, so I'm probably not a great person to give advice. :lol:

Thread Information