Page 139 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 4914

Thread: Birth Control, tampons, and other women's stuff. Beware!

Hmmm, not familiar with those. I'd probably pee on another one when I really had to go for good measure. :)

and this is where dollar store pg tests, or at least the generic drugstore multipacks come in handy.

Get women's health recalls from the FDA, figured this would be a good place to put this, in case some of you are on these:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - January 31, 2012 - NEW YORK, N.Y. – Pfizer Inc. announced today that it has voluntarily recalled 14 lots of Lo/Ovral?-28 (norgestrel and ethinyl estradiol)Tablets and 14 lots of Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets (generic) for customers in the U.S. market. An investigation by Pfizer found that some blister packs may contain an inexact count of inert or active ingredient tablets and that the tablets may be out of sequence. The cause was identified and corrected immediately.

These products are oral contraceptives indicated for the prevention of pregnancy in women who elect to use oral contraceptives as a method of contraception. These tablets were manufactured and packaged by Pfizer Inc., commercialized by Akrimax Rx Products and labeled under the Akrimax Pharmaceuticals brand. This product is distributed to warehouses, clinics and retail pharmacies nationwide.

As a result of this packaging error, the daily regimen for these oral contraceptives may be incorrect and could leave women without adequate contraception, and at risk for unintended pregnancy. These packaging defects do not pose any immediate health risks. However, consumers exposed to affected packaging should begin using a non-hormonal form of contraception immediately. Patients who have the affected product (lot numbers are provided below) should notify their physician and return the product to the pharmacy.

These products are packaged in blister packs containing 21 tablets of active ingredients and seven tablets of inert ingredients. Correct dosing of this product is important in avoiding the associated risks of an unplanned pregnancy. Correctly packaged blister packs are pictured here.

Any adverse events that may be related to the use of these products should be reported to Akrimax Medical Information at 1-877-509-3935 (8 AM to 7 PM Mon-Fri CST) or to FDA's Med Watch Program either online, by regular mail or by fax.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Quote Originally Posted by aphaziak View Post
    Get women's health recalls from the FDA, figured this would be a good place to put this, in case some of you are on these:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - January 31, 2012 - NEW YORK, N.Y. ? Pfizer Inc. announced today that it has voluntarily recalled 14 lots of Lo/Ovral?-28 (norgestrel and ethinyl estradiol)Tablets and 14 lots of Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets (generic) for customers in the U.S. market. An investigation by Pfizer found that some blister packs may contain an inexact count of inert or active ingredient tablets and that the tablets may be out of sequence. The cause was identified and corrected immediately.

These products are oral contraceptives indicated for the prevention of pregnancy in women who elect to use oral contraceptives as a method of contraception. These tablets were manufactured and packaged by Pfizer Inc., commercialized by Akrimax Rx Products and labeled under the Akrimax Pharmaceuticals brand. This product is distributed to warehouses, clinics and retail pharmacies nationwide.

As a result of this packaging error, the daily regimen for these oral contraceptives may be incorrect and could leave women without adequate contraception, and at risk for unintended pregnancy. These packaging defects do not pose any immediate health risks. However, consumers exposed to affected packaging should begin using a non-hormonal form of contraception immediately. Patients who have the affected product (lot numbers are provided below) should notify their physician and return the product to the pharmacy.

These products are packaged in blister packs containing 21 tablets of active ingredients and seven tablets of inert ingredients. Correct dosing of this product is important in avoiding the associated risks of an unplanned pregnancy. Correctly packaged blister packs are pictured here.

Any adverse events that may be related to the use of these products should be reported to Akrimax Medical Information at 1-877-509-3935 (8 AM to 7 PM Mon-Fri CST) or to FDA's Med Watch Program either online, by regular mail or by fax.
    Oh, wow.

http://murrbrewster.blogspot.com/201...-weaponry.html

Read it and weep ladies. It's all too true.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I've stopped taking the pill and the world is a better place. Even my skin. Huzzah!

No pill life is way more enjoyable than pill life! Love it.

So yesterday I was rockin my hot full panel maternity pants, and since the panel actually feels like a shirt on my belly, I came out of the bathroom with my ACTUAL shirt still pulled up under my boobs and with just the full panel blazing out. That was embarrassing. Lesson learned there.

Quote Originally Posted by FloobaToob View Post
    I've stopped taking the pill and the world is a better place. Even my skin. Huzzah!
    I was taking Estrodial (sp?) to aid in the prevention of osteoporosis (I had a complete hysterectomy in September and I have a mild case of osteoporosis). I ran out and couldn't find my Rx that the doc gave me. My acne has cleared up. I called the office today to see what other options there are. I don't like being a 36 year old pizza face. I NEVER had acne until I started birth control in my early 20's.
    Anyway, YAY for you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    No pill life is way more enjoyable than pill life! Love it.

So yesterday I was rockin my hot full panel maternity pants, and since the panel actually feels like a shirt on my belly, I came out of the bathroom with my ACTUAL shirt still pulled up under my boobs and with just the full panel blazing out. That was embarrassing. Lesson learned there.
    This is hilarious! Sorry, I lol'd.

I stopped taking the pill a year ago and at first it was hell adjusting back to the "real world" of periods, so to speak. But since then I've adjusted back and its not bad at all. I was on it more for PMS/skin more than birth control for the most part. I'm glad my body has readjusted. I'm never going back on the pill again. I loved the lite periods but thats really the only thing I've lost.

i've had my implanon for almost three months now. today i'm not bleeding, but i've probably bled about 70% of the time since i've been on it, mostly spotting but then a few days of bleeding like i might die and then it will just stop for a few days. my new neuro already told me she thinks i should take it out, but that isn't happening any time soon. sometimes i forget its in my arm and i feel it and i'm like OMFG oh yeah, i got birth control stuck in my arm.

I really do feel better without it, all over and generally.

I don't want the implant, the constant bleeding being one of the reasons emmie. Thinking about it, I can't name anybody I know that has the implant where there hasn't been something wrong. When my bestie had it, she had to take the pill on top of it to balance out what it was does. I'm like, fuck that, jizz on my tits

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i've had my implanon for almost three months now. today i'm not bleeding, but i've probably bled about 70% of the time since i've been on it, mostly spotting but then a few days of bleeding like i might die and then it will just stop for a few days. my new neuro already told me she thinks i should take it out, but that isn't happening any time soon. sometimes i forget its in my arm and i feel it and i'm like OMFG oh yeah, i got birth control stuck in my arm.
    I got mine put in, had it in for two and a half months, and never stopped bleeding. Nine months later, I got it reinserted, and I haven't bled once. EIGHTEEN MONTHS WITH NO PERIOD YEAAAAH BUDDY.

I really do feel better without it, all over and generally.

I don't want the implant, the constant bleeding being one of the reasons emmie. Thinking about it, I can't name anybody I know that has the implant where there hasn't been something wrong. When my bestie had it, she had to take the pill on top of it to balance out what it was does. I'm like, fuck that, jizz on my tits
    wtf, I've never heard of that. (With the Mirena) it's the MOST effective form of birth control, so it's supposed to work (marginally) better than the pill. Was it a temporary thing while she first got on it or what?

England is whack.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

i've got my fingers crossed, hopefully i'll stop bleeding. on the pill i would still spot all the time so this is only slightly more annoying and temporary--i think.

I don't know if I would be able to function without the pill. I was normal but then I went a year with my period coming only every other month, sometimes more. Then I went a year without it. I have only had a regular period since then while on the pill. I actually lost weight and my chin hairs and facial hair have gotten lighter/almost gone completely. I'm kinda afraid what will happen when I go off of it. I was told that my PCOS is due to too much testosterone and I'm assuming the pill is the only way to fix it, unless I would be able to just take the hormones when I am ready to start trying for a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    wtf, I've never heard of that. (With the Mirena) it's the MOST effective form of birth control, so it's supposed to work (marginally) better than the pill. Was it a temporary thing while she first got on it or what?

England is whack.
    The implant wasn't for her, but rather than take it out, they gave her a pill to take with it to see if that fixed her. It didn't. She was meeaaaaaan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythmisasadist View Post
    I don't know if I would be able to function without the pill. I was normal but then I went a year with my period coming only every other month, sometimes more. Then I went a year without it. I have only had a regular period since then while on the pill. I actually lost weight and my chin hairs and facial hair have gotten lighter/almost gone completely. I'm kinda afraid what will happen when I go off of it. I was told that my PCOS is due to too much testosterone and I'm assuming the pill is the only way to fix it, unless I would be able to just take the hormones when I am ready to start trying for a baby.
    I can't take the pill that can fix fur because of my migraines

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    The implant wasn't for her, but rather than take it out, they gave her a pill to take with it to see if that fixed her. It didn't. She was meeaaaaaan.
    I seriously don't even understand.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I seriously don't even understand.
    Yea, also the same doc that when she's had problems recently with migraines, rather than change her to the mini pill (which helped me) they've said, don't take anything, try not to get pregnant

Yea, also the same doc that when she's had problems recently with migraines, rather than change her to the mini pill (which helped me) they've said, don't take anything, try not to get pregnant
    is the mini pill like what we would call a POP, progesterone only pill? the implanon implant is progesteron only so if they're giving her a pill to balance her out it would have been something with an estrogen hormone i would guess... but i don't know what a mini pill is. this is why i thought the implanon might help my headaches, but wrong i was.

Yea, the minipill is POP. They gave her the combined, I think, on top of the implant. She had the implant taken out and the world was a better place.

Doctors here are hard selling long term contraception, regardless. I'm a pill only girl, it's a control thing, but I'm not even doing that now and I feel better for it!

i'm in a lot of pain right now. the drs keep suggesting that i take this thing out of my arm. its really tempting.

I have the implant and do not have a period. I have had it since June. It bled for like two months then NOTHING!!! Love it!!!

i haven't bleed in a few weeks after bleeding off and on (mostly on) for about three+ months. but today i'm cramping like a mother, and i would stab someone for a hot bath. i really want to go back to the hormone-free life but my RA drugs require me to be on hbc. fml. if the periods go away i need the endo pain to go away, too. hail satan.

i haven't bleed in a few weeks after bleeding off and on (mostly on) for about three+ months. but today i'm cramping like a mother, and i would stab someone for a hot bath. i really want to go back to the hormone-free life but my RA drugs require me to be on hbc. fml. if the periods go away i need the endo pain to go away, too. hail satan.
    I'm lucky I don't have this problem, I hope it gets better lady!

All I can say is that I am thinking of you and hope you find relief. It's not like I can do anything for you, just know you are not alone.

Thread Information