Thread: Holly Marie Cantrell (40) missing from McAlester, OK since 1/20/17

Holly Marie Cantrell (40) missing from McAlester, OK since 1/20/17

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e3a7356b4da9

Oklahoma Physical Therapist Vanishes After Leaving Work

Fears are growing for a physical therapist and mother who vanished after leaving work late last week.

Holly Marie Cantrell, 40, was spotted on surveillance video leaving McAlester Regional Health Center in Oklahoma about noon Friday, but family members have not heard from her since.

Detective Preston Rodgers of the McAlester Police Department told The Huffington Post that the video shows Cantrell getting into a green pickup. Her own vehicle was later found still parked at the health center.

According to Rodgers, at least one witness claimed to have seen Cantrell about 12:20 p.m. Friday.

?We talked to someone who had seen her at Braum?s, an ice cream and dairy store, on U.S. Highway 69? in McAlester, the detective said.
    Facebook
    Holly Cantrell posted this photo to her Facebook in the weeks leading up to her disappearance.

Cantrell?s adult stepdaughter, Charity Cantrell Clayton, said authorities have since identified the driver of the green truck, and he is known to the family.

?I?ve talked to the detectives, and they said that they contacted the guy that picked her up from the hospital, and he said he dropped her off at Braum?s and forgot to go back and pick her up,? Clayton told HuffPost.

Rodgers would not confirm that information.

?Not at this time, I won?t be able to,? the detective said. ?We?re currently tracking down some leads.?

Cantrell?s stepdaughter said it would be ?very unlike? her stepmother, who has been with her father for 17 years, to take off without notifying someone. As a result, some family members fear foul play.

?We?ve got concerns,? Clayton said. ?If something happened to her and this was an accident, someone needs to come forward and let us know.?
    http://www.newson6.com/story/3466695...alester-mother

Search Turns Up Potential New Leads In Case Of Missing McAlester Mother

The search for any sign of Holly Cantrell began somber but optimistic early Saturday morning.

"We're hoping to either find more leads or bring closure to the family,? said Cantrell's stepdaughter, Charity Clayton. ?If she's out here, that we can find her and bring her home."

Upwards of 100 people met at Eufaula Lake near Cardinal Point, a wooded area northeast of McAlester, where Cantrell's purse and ID were found by a hunter last weekend.

"I just try my best to do what I can do for them,? said longtime family friend, Leroy McClaughey. ?I know it's been rough on all of us, but I don't know what else a man can do."

The volunteer searchers were on foot and ATV, looking for clues as to how Cantrell?s purse ended up in the area.

They quickly found things that looked out of place to them.

"Tweezers, earrings, that look pretty clean and fresh laying on top of the ground,? said Brian Smith of the OKCM Search and Rescue Team. ?Don't look like they've been out here very long."

They even found clothing that Cantrell regularly wore, causing the search to be halted and the sheriff's office called out to collect the findings.

"We believe at this point we may have found something significant," stated Smith.

A deputy collected and bagged the shirt, as well as several pieces of paper that was found torn and scattered about.

"It gave us some hope, but then it makes us, in the back of my mind, thinking something has really happened to her now,? said Clayton.

Cantrell never returned home from work at McAlester Hospital on January 20th.

She was last seen getting into a green truck with her scrubs on during her lunch break.

"All I can do is just hope and pray,? said Leroy. ?That's all we can do."

Our calls to the Pittsburg County Sheriff's office to confirm the findings have yet to be returned.

A reward has been set up for anyone with information that leads to Cantrell's discovery.

Her FB: https://www.facebook.com/holly.cantrell.50

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I've talked to the detectives, and they said that they contacted the guy that picked her up from the hospital, and he said he dropped her off at Braum's and forgot to go back and pick her up
    Yeah, totally not buying his story.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HopeForHollyC/

According to this flyer, posted on the Hope for Holly FB, she was pregnant when she went missing. That certainly complicates things in my mind.

http://kfor.com/2018/02/06/oklahoma-...fter-one-year/

Police continue to search for clues regarding the whereabouts of Holly Cantrell, a mother of three who vanished during her lunch break a year ago.

In January 2017, Holly Marie Cantrell, 40, a physical therapist at McAlester Regional Health Center, was reported missing.
    Police say they are still investigating.

A cash reward of $4,625 has been posed for anyone with information that will lead to Cantrell’s whereabouts.

Anyone with any information on Cantrell’s whereabouts is asked to contact police at (918)423-1212 or the Detective Division at (918)421-4917.
    Well, if she really was pregnant and wasn't killed immediately then she should have had her baby by now too.

http://www.news9.com/story/37540998/...urse-was-found

Human Remains Discovered In Area Where Missing McAlester Woman's Purse Was Found

The Pittsburg County sheriff says human remains have been discovered in the same area where a missing woman's purse was found early last year.

Sheriff Chris Morris says his office got a call Sunday, February 18, 2018 that bones were found in the Cardinal Point Recreation Area, off the Shady Grove exit.

Deputies could tell they were human and called the Medical Examiner's office. The ME's office collected the remains on Monday.

The sheriff says his office believes the remains could be a woman's, since they found some women’s clothing nearby. He said the clothes looked like green scrubs and a bra.

The area is close to the location where a hunter found Holly Cantrell’s purse last February.
    From her original missing article:
    She was last seen getting into a green truck with her scrubs on during her lunch break.

Holly's case was recently covered on an episode of Disappeared. No info yet on the remains they are checking the DNA on. I'm sure it's her..it's just a waiting game.

Hopefully this episode of Disappeared will get more people talking about this case.
    http://www.newson6.com/story/3853508...calester-woman

Sulivant & Sulivant Investigations - Tulsa, OK - https://www.statewidepi.com

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...-cantrell-case

The family says McAlester police are still treating holly's disappearance as a missing person case and not a homicide investigation.

"Am I discouraged in the police department? Yes," Constancio said

We reached out to McAlester police.

They said they can't move forward until the DNA tests come back on the remains.

The medical examiner's office says the university does the testing for free and works on cases from all over the country.

The medical examiner couldn't say when that DNA will be tested and can't give a timeline for when it will be completed.

"They say it could take up to 18 months but we're hoping for a year," Constancio said.

Now on the two year anniversary of Holly's disappearance, her family is still waiting and they hope to hold a vigil soon to keep her memory alive.

Seriously, why the fuck is this DNA test taking so long!?

Thread Information