Thread: Tate Spillett (37) killed his stepson Corbin Hilaker (15) and his two biological children in their sleep, before he turned the gun on himself

Tate Spillett (37) killed his stepson Corbin Hilaker (15) and his two biological children in their sleep, before he turned the gun on himself

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017...gun_on_himself

This is so terrible.

The mother of the children - https://www.facebook.com/summer.spil...5%3A1488099865

Jessica - aged 6 - obituary - http://www.nymanfh.com/obituaries/Je...#/obituaryInfo

Tate Jr - aged 7 - obituary - http://www.nymanfh.com/obituaries/ob...#/obituaryInfo

Corbin - aged 15 (Tate's stepson) - http://www.nymanfh.com/obituaries/Co...#/obituaryInfo

What gets me is Tate Sr's obituary - where is the tact?

http://www.nymanfh.com/obituaries/ob...#/obituaryInfo

Obituary for Tate Lee Spillett
    Tate Lee Spillett was born in Logan Utah on June 21st 1979 to Donna Lynn Williamson Spillett and Gary Lee Spillett. Tate came into this mortal life the same way he lived it, backwards. Tate is the 5th child of 7 children in the Spillett Clan.

Tate is survived by his Son: James Lee Spillett, 17 (son of Cami Graves), wife: Summer Layton-Spillett, Mother: Donna Lynn Williamson Spillett 73, Father: Gary Lee Spillett, 73, Brothers: James Cody Spillett 48, Sister: Toni Rae Dursteler 46, Brother: Shane Williamson Spillett 43, Sister: Traci Louise Hyte 41, Sister: Desi McGee 35, Brother: Ted Morgan Spillett 30, Step daughter Kaeleigh Hillaker

Brothers in Law: Justin Dursteler, Daniel Hyte and Geoff McGee
    Sisters in Law: Pamela Spillett and Jerica Spillett

And many many Nieces and Nephews that loved Uncle Tate and new a camping trips would never be complete without him there.

If there is one thing to be said about Tate it?s that he lived life the hard way. Tate was a rambunctious child with lots of energy and curiosity for everything dangerous. Tate was a true wild child. Tate attended Logan Senior High School and through life always had a desire to learn. When Tate was young he took a great interest in Archery and participated in the Utah Summer Olympic Games and that was the start of his love of Archery Hunting. Tate loved hunting, fishing, and camping, horseback riding, anything that would allow him to spend time in the Mountains. Tate also loved to express himself aggressively on the ICE. Tate loved to play Hockey and played with a B League in Logan UT.

Tate started his own business COLT Construction; Tate took pride in a job well done. He loved working with his hands and if there was something he didn?t know how to do, he would take the initiative to figure out how to get it done.

In Tate?s very young life he was very lucky to find many good friends and support through the AA program and has always taken an active part in helping others that needed that same support and friendship. Recently Tate received his 10 year sobriety Pin from the AA program.
    It?s easy to say that if you knew Tate you were considered a friend. Tate had many friendships throughout his life and each one made him a better person.

On May 31st 2008 Tate was married to the love of his life the Bonnie to his Clyde the Peanut Butter to his Jelly; Summer Layton. They soon were blessed with their First son together, Tate McCoy Spillett and their lives where turned upside down. Just 16 short months later a beautiful little butterfly floated into the Spillett Garden by the name of Jessica Lynn Spillett.

Family meant everything to Tate. He was always concerned with his family?s wellbeing and continually made an effort to stay in touch with each and every one of them.

There also seems to be another girl in the family photos, but I can't figure out who she is?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Wow. I don't get the obituary either other than the family is trying to find some sort of answer as to why he did it.

I think the other girl is her daughter Kaleigh.

Heartbreaking. Especially seeing the photo of little Jessica being so excited to get her ears pierced for her birthday :(

America gets more illiterate with each generation. While I appreciate the sentiment, that was a horribly written obituary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Wow. I don't get the obituary either other than the family is trying to find some sort of answer as to why he did it.

I think the other girl is her daughter Kaleigh.
    Broken so Broken over this family,

Painting a Rainbow on your Heart with Sunshine Love

According to Summer's FB page, her family's home was recently flooded, destroying a lot of their sentimental things, and her sister is also going through cancer.

I'm really surprised he didn't kill his wife.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I'm really surprised he didn't kill his wife.
    Me too at first until I read the mom was out of the state at the time.

According to this news story, Tate and Summer were getting a divorce. So sad for these children and their family.
    http://gephardtdaily.com/national-in...preston-idaho/

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Me too at first until I read the mom was out of the state at the time.
    Sorry I missed that part.

How terrible for the mother. She's been through so much lately.

Her youcaring page: https://www.youcaring.com/summerlaytonspillett-761072
    Last edited by Angiebla; 02-26-2017 at 10:54 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Juror View Post
    America gets more illiterate with each generation. While I appreciate the sentiment, that was a horribly written obituary.
    Well, that's demonstrably false. Literacy rates have always been increasing and increased most when more people were allowed access to public schooling after WW2 and through desegregation and increased education rights for children of immigrants.

It's definitely poorly written though. And it comes off like they're trying to excuse/explain what he did a little bit. I know if some redneck family member wrote I was the "Peanut Butter to his Jelly" about the man who just murdered my children, there would be another death in the family.

I hate whoever wrote the obituary. RIP little babies
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by catseyes View Post
    According to this news story, Tate and Summer were getting a divorce. So sad for these children and their family.
    http://gephardtdaily.com/national-in...preston-idaho/

http://www.prestoncitizen.com/news/l...35ff9ee8a.html

?Tate had a mental break; he was not a monster. He was good to those kids ? there was a lot of love in that home. I don?t want 37 years of his life to be overshadowed by 10 minutes,? -Summer Spillett

This woman has a beautiful heart.
    Painting a Rainbow on your Heart with Sunshine Love

?Tate had a mental break; he was not a monster. He was good to those kids ? there was a lot of love in that home. I don?t want 37 years of his life to be overshadowed by 10 minutes,? -Summer Spillett

I don't think I could forgive someone that killed three of my children. I don't think that makes me a bad person either.

He could have just been pissed they were getting divorced, and killed the kids to hurt her. I think that's the most likely scenerio.

Sorry! 10 minutes totally undos every good deed in his life, IMO. Summer is totally in denial or something.

Dude you wanna kill you self- oh how sad.
    You kill others before you go- fuck you. These were little kids.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Sorry! 10 minutes totally undos every good deed in his life, IMO. Summer is totally in denial or something.

Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Maybe she is a christian who actually practices what she preaches and found forgiveness in her heart to grant. What is important is what gives her peace at night.

I know I could not would not forgive either, but it's presumptuous to say that she is in denial. Many people can find it in and that is an incredible quality.

Something similar occurred in my community. A little girl was murdered, and the father publicly forgave the person who killed his child very quickly after she was found. Even though the rest of the girl's family feels the complete opposite. I am still in awe of that and I wonder if he truly does forgive.

Maybe she is a christian who actually practices what she preaches and found forgiveness in her heart to grant. What is important is what gives her peace at night.
    Wow. Is this the softer side of Bowie? lol

I'm always in awe of the people that go the forgiveness route for cases like these.

Me too. It is amazing how some people can be that forgiving but I guess keeping the hate inside you doesn't do anyone any good.

I lived very close to the Nickel Mines' area when the man executed a bunch of little Amish girls in their school.
    Their families almost immediately publicly forgave the shooter and even supported his wife after everything.
    It's an amazing act to witness, forgiveness like that. I can't say I'd be able to do the same.

Wow. Is this the softer side of Bowie? lol

I'm always in awe of the people that go the forgiveness route for cases like these.
    No, I'm not KevanVault. I believe that carrying around hate and anger just poisons people, it doesn't help them recover. Could I forgive someone in this situation? Instinct says no but I don't know because it's not me, but I can't speculate or criticize people for reacting differently than I think I would when I've never been and hopefully never will be in this situation.

No, I'm not KevanVault. I believe that carrying around hate and anger just poisons people, it doesn't help them recover. Could I forgive someone in this situation? Instinct says no but I don't know because it's not me, but I can't speculate or criticize people for reacting differently than I think I would when I've never been and hopefully never will be in this situation.
    Well said.

Thread Information