Thread: Glenn Soliman's (44) body was found eleven days after he vanished

Glenn Soliman's (44) body was found eleven days after he vanished

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-16-2022 at 07:39 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Last edited by Olivia; 03-01-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Definitely not the outcome anyone wanted. RIP Glenn.

I guess the body was hidden, that's why they suspect foul play? Could it have been a suicide, and the debris covered his body from a storm or something?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....?source=images
    This link has pics of the sacks of shit...ehem suspects

I would like to share a random story of the last conversation I had with Glen, about a week before he disappeared. We both worked at Baylor St Luke's Medical Center at the time--I worked in PACU and he was the manager of the orthopedic unit.

I recovered a middle aged man from an orthopedic procedure and gave him everything but the kitchen sink in terms of pain medication but because of his chronic opioid use for chronic pain he was still uncomfortable and cranky. It was getting late, close to the 6:30 deadline for patients to order what they want for dinner from the room service menu, so I offered to call in an order for him. He declined, so I told him that if he gets hungry later, the staff of the orthopedic unit can order him an "after hours tray." He said ok and the transportation orderly took him up to his room in Glen's unit.

Not even 30 minutes later I got a phone call from a very irritated Glen because the patient was acting stank upstairs. 30 minutes after declining my offer to order him whatever he want he decided he wanted to eat after all (past the ordering deadline) so Glen brought him an after hours tray, which consists of a sandwich, chips and some pudding...

...The patient became enraged and started making a scene, stating that I had promised him "a meal." Glen called me and demanded to know "Why did you promise him a meal when you know its just an after hours tray?! Why didn't you order him something before the deadline?!"

I said "I offered to order him something but he said no, and I'm really sorry but I grew up poor so to me, a sandwich and chips IS a meal."

We chalked it up to a miscommunication and that was the last time we spoke. I hate that the last time we spoke was all because of a STUPID SANDWICH.

At the time of his disappearance the were a few other murders along that stretch of I-45 so the news began stirring up paranoia by running stories about the "I-45 serial killer." Nurses at the Texas Medical Center hospitals were instructed to not stop at the store or the gas station on their way home from work in the evening for fear of being murdered by someone targeting nurses (we're easy targets). I was very pregnant at the time and would have to deliberately dehydrate myself before my shift ended because I was too scared to stop and use the bathroom anywhere during my 90 minute commute home.

Glen's funeral was strange. Because they hadn't found the killer yet at that time, law enforcement wouldn't tell anyone, even his family, how he was killed, and they MADE his funeral be closed casket so that people couldn't see that he had been strangled. I didn't know they could do that. They had plain clothed officers at the funeral, looking to see if maybe the killer would return to see his handiwork. He did not. It was very surreal.

Glen was a very hardworking nurse at the expense of his health (obesity, sleep apnea, diabetes, etc) and his personal life (hence why he met his would be murderer on Grindr). We'll always remember him for the sacrifices he made for the benefit of the orthopedic unit and his patients.

Thanks for the personal story about Glenn. Unfortunately in life we have these things happen that don't mean much at the time, and then when something happens we look back at it with different eyes and regret. Glenn seemed like a really nice guy from all that I have read.

This and An Vinh Nguyen's murders were so senseless and he and Glenn both seemed like the type of people who tried to make the world a better place...and then these pieces of crap come along and snuff out that goodness.

I hope they bring these cases to trial soon...I am not sure if they ever even apprehended the 2nd guy.

Thread Information