Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: John Careaga (43), his wife Christale (37), their son Johnathon (16) and family friend Hunter Schaap (16) murdered

Quote Originally Posted by pinkhair4me View Post
    Oh Lord. This is so sad! I hope more info is forthcoming.

John's obituary listed three people as his parents. I'm confused. Unless he was adopted, but wouldn't that be mentioned? And it sounds like his mom and dad are still married.
    I'm betting his father and mother were not married but his father had gotten married (the 2 with his last name). This is so sad. Sounds like the football player was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Still no arrest but they did release a photo of a possible suspect

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/...ers/376220001/

Authorities released Tuesday video of a “person of interest” in a quadruple murder in January of a Central Kitsap family, along with video of a vehicle associated with the man, asking anyone with information on the person to contact the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office.

The video still, taken from surveillance footage at the Silverdale Target, shows a man entering the store at about 7:44 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 15, 12 days before the murders. A separate video shows a four-door silver sedan driving past the front of the store.

John Careaga, 43, wife Christale Lynn Careaga, 37, and the couple’s sons in their blended family, Hunter E. Schaap, 16, and Johnathon F. Higgins, 16, were all killed in the attack, which investigators believe was not random.

“Over the past four months Kitsap Sheriff’s investigators have worked tirelessly on this case,” Sheriff Gary Simpson said in a statement posted to Facebook Tuesday evening. “At this point detectives have information they need to get out to everyone.”

Sgt. Chad Birkenfeld said investigators have conducted hundreds of interviews and sifted through volumes of evidence, which led them to release the video at this time.

"Some things take a little bit longer to get through," Birkenfeld said.

Lt. Jon Van Gesen declined to say what led investigators to the "person of interest," and declined to call him a suspect, but said he has a "direct correlation" with the murders.

"It will become very clear in time," Van Gesen said.

John Careaga’s body was found in a burned out truck on the property of a tree farm in a remote area of Mason County, about 15 miles from the Careaga’s Lake Tahuyeh house. Investigators believe he was the target of the murders. The other three were found in the house off Gold Creek Road.

It is the first information investigators have made public in months from the Jan. 27 murders of the Careaga family, and comes about four months after their deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post

Billy Mays came back from the dead. Case closed.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    I read it was a legal operation, so they ruled out a link to it.. but people get desperate, so I personally haven't ruled out that link.
    I agree. We've had two instances up here where someone has tried to rob legal grow businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by YayMe View Post
    Marijuana is legal here and he had the appropriate permits posted outside where he was growing. Robbery/drugs wouldn't work because all the pot and cash were still there.
    In that case, it seems unrelated to the marijuana. It does seem like a hit of some sort though. Why kill the man 30 miles away and then go after his family?
    Last edited by emmy_dreamy; 06-15-2017 at 05:38 AM.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Thread Information