Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: John Careaga (43), his wife Christale (37), their son Johnathon (16) and family friend Hunter Schaap (16) murdered

John Careaga (43), his wife Christale (37), their son Johnathon (16) and family friend Hunter Schaap (16) murdered

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017...ion_is_ongoing

I'm wondering if drugs were involved. Pretty brutal to wipe out the whole family like that.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    From Websleuths
    This family rents the restaurant from us and he and his wife have owned it around 10 years. We also rent to their daughter and are very close to this family. I don't even know what to say, I have heard conflicting stories and 1 is that the Dad was beaten and family killed, house set on fire and abducted and the other just seems to be from the newspapers that he is probably a suspect (the way its worded gives me that impression). I know the female victim is his wife as heard from family members and she is the sweetest person, I'm heartbroken and not sure which is worse, he did it or he has been abducted. I just hope there is resolution quickly because between them they had like 9 kids. There are flowers all around the restaurant/coffee stand because the community really loved these people as well. If anybody finds anything or sees any info on this please post it so I can at least know how to feel. Thank you!
    (just wanted to add I have been a member of these forums and have seen the amount of things the sleuths here have figured out and I never thought I would be involved with anybody who has needed to posted here but glad you guys have it posted.

First I thought dad killed them, then commited suicide, but I guess that's not what the police suspect.

This is how somebody described the family on facebook
    This is my god-daughters Bryka's family. Her brother, his brother and his parents that were murdered in Washington. The boys were just 16.
    SEABECK ? What the Kitsap County Sheriffs? Department is calling a quadruple homicide has ?a lot of moving parts,? according to sheriff?s spokesman Deputy Scott Wilson.

And at least two mysteries.

The 911 call came in late Jan. 27 reporting ?an incident and violence? at the house, and then the caller hung up, Wilson said.

Who made the 911 call is the first mystery.

Sheriff?s deputies and the fire department responded to the call. But when they arrived at the home near Lake Tehuyeh, it was on fire. While firefighters worked to extinguish the blaze, deputies searched the outbuildings for additional persons. The home was surrounded by dense woods, so the King County Sheriff?s helicopter, Guardian One, was called in to search the woods with its forward-looking infrared radar (FLIR). Consequently, deputies were eventually ?99.99 percent sure there was no one out there,? Wilson said.

Even when the fire was out, the deputies had to wait some time for the house to get ventilated so it was safe to enter, he said. When they were able to get in, they discovered the remains of three persons.

?At this point, if you?re an officer you put your mind on neutral,? Wilson said. ?Later on, if you need to talk about it, professional help is available.?

The next step in the procedure was to account for all of the people who lived there and to see if there were any vehicles missing. That part of the investigation lasted all day Jan. 28 and well into the night.

?It was a large, blended family,? Wilson reported. But eventually they were able to account for all but one member: a 43-year-old male, John Careaga, and one vehicle, a brown 2005 Ford F-150.

The Sheriffs? Department broadcast a description of Careaga, along with the missing vehicle and its plate number, to the print and TV media as well as on its Facebook and Twitter pages.

By this point, the case was a joint investigation with the Kitsap County fire marshal and coroner.

Late Jan. 29, the coroner?s office was able to positively identify the identities of the three bodies found in the burned out home: Christale Lynn Careaga, 37, Johnathon F. Higgins, 16, and Hunter E. Schaap, 16.

Earlier that day, at 5:30 p.m., officials announced that the pickup had been found in a rural area of Mason County. It had been torched and there was a body inside, Wilson confirmed. The Kitsap County Coroner has the body in its care, he said.

The identity of that person is the second mystery.

?It?s going to take some time [to identify the remains],? a Kitsap County deputy coroner said. ?We?re doing what we can.?

Detectives are urging residents to call with any information related to this quadruple murder: Detective Lissa Gundrum, 360-337-5669. Callers can remain anonymous.

Meanwhile, a GoFundMe account has been established to defray the victims? funeral expenses. As of early Jan. 31, some 75 people had contributed $6,415 of the $50,000 goal. A student or students painted a tribute to Schaap on the rock on the North Kitsap High School grounds. Flowers and other tributes were left outside of Juanito?s Taco Shop, which is owned by the Careaga family, on Kitsap Way.

And at 7:50 a.m. Jan. 31, staff and students at North Kitsap High School were expected to gather in the school library, where counseling services would be available.

Principal Megan Sawicki notified parents and staff on Jan. 29 that one of the deceased was identified as Hunter Schaap, an 11th-grader at NKHS.

?This weekend we received conflicting reports about Hunter?s whereabouts and safety,? she wrote in an email. ?I am deeply saddened to share that Hunter?s family has confirmed and requested that we share with you that he was one of the victims of suspected homicide early Saturday morning.

?For those of you who knew Hunter, we ask that you remember his wit, intelligence, and big heart. This is a great loss for our entire NKHS community ? I know you join me in extending our heartfelt sympathy to Hunter?s family members and friends.?

Neighbors told KING 5 they had heard gunshots earlier in the evening but didn?t know if they were related to the incident.

It?s the second death of a North Kitsap High School student this school year. On Aug. 16, Emily Ramm died after she fell while climbing a ladder to the roof of Silverdale Elementary School. A friend told authorities they were climbing to the roof to get a better view of the meteor shower.
    http://www.kitsapdailynews.com/news/...druple-murder/
    From left clockwise, Hunter Schaap, 16; John Careaga?s wife, Christale Lynn Careaga, 37; and Johnathon Higgins, 16.

The burned truck
    Last edited by bermstalker; 02-19-2017 at 01:15 AM.

Here's the gofundme
    https://www.gofundme.com/careaga-family-fund

Hunter's gofundme
    https://www.gofundme.com/hunter-schaap-family-fund

A search of the property yielded 33 pot plants, $50,000 inside a safe and more in a dresser, and an assortment of shell casings outside

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4Z7ncoPf4
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Also, looks like Hunter is the one who called 911. The police only released part of the 911 call- at the link
    http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/...ings/97725114/
    Last edited by bermstalker; 02-19-2017 at 01:27 AM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    OMG.

This is super sad and super interesting. Poor Hunter... I mean poor everyone but Christ.

Some asshole complained 6 hours ago on the business FB about the food taking forever... what a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

In all fairness, I think that was from 6 MONTHS ago.

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    This is super sad and super interesting. Poor Hunter... I mean poor everyone but Christ.

Some asshole complained 6 hours ago on the business FB about the food taking forever... what a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Juror View Post
    In all fairness, I think that was from 6 MONTHS ago.
    LOL holy hell. No more morning posting from me.

Apparently unrelated, but another homicide victim found in Kitsap County on a rural trail.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/...road/98129186/

Holy shit. We have a vacation house in Seabeck. Was just there last weekend. I will see what's up. Their house was not too far. We are the circle near the top. They are the one in the middle of the map. Not much info on this - other than they were a nice family.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by More Cowbelle; 02-19-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Second body referenced is a bit closer...

About .75 mile. Yikes!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by More Cowbelle View Post
    About .75 mile. Yikes!
    IT WAS YOU!

... but really, definitely dig for us!

Ha!I thought the same thing!! No motive, though :)

hector.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    IT WAS YOU!

... but really, definitely dig for us!
    This is the other dead man. Pretty strange. This is a very small community.

Quote Originally Posted by More Cowbelle View Post
    hector.JPG

This is the other dead man. Pretty strange. This is a very small community.
    it truly is strange... I'd like to know how they KNOW they aren't related, when they don't have a motive for the family murders? You know?

Here's the gofundme
    https://www.gofundme.com/careaga-family-fund

Hunter's gofundme
    https://www.gofundme.com/hunter-schaap-family-fund

Also, looks like Hunter is the one who called 911. The police only released part of the 911 call- at the link
    http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/...ings/97725114/
    Nice to see Hunter's GoFundMe raised $26k / $25k goal. Does anyone else have an inner turmoil about whose GFM to give to?

Did anyone mention- I read but forgot to post: Hunter is the Dads son from a relationship that was short. Hunter was mom's only child...

Can someone post the text from Hunters 911 call? I can't bear it

Is weed legal there? Did they sell the bud with their lattes or burritos? Wasn't that in a TV show?

Quote Originally Posted by wondery View Post

Can someone post the text from Hunters 911 call? I can't bear it
    He just repeats the address and tells them to come now. It's very short.

I keep thinking that all those weed plants mentioned in one of the articles must have played a role in this. This man and his wife may have been pot growers on a massive scale. If that's the case, it may just be a drug deal gone wrong, or a competitor eliminating the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by wondery View Post
    Is weed legal there? Did they sell the bud with their lattes or burritos? Wasn't that in a TV show?
    I read it was a legal operation, so they ruled out a link to it.. but people get desperate, so I personally haven't ruled out that link.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Juror View Post
    I keep thinking that all those weed plants mentioned in one of the articles must have played a role in this. This man and his wife may have been pot growers on a massive scale. If that's the case, it may just be a drug deal gone wrong, or a competitor eliminating the competition.
    Yeah but the dude had over 50,000 in a safe and some more money somewhere else.

Weed is legal there and their small operation was not considered huge.

Def a weird one. Sounds like the pike county killings almost.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Maybe I am reading into things (I am a bit tired), but I find it odd that John's obituary has no mention of Christale.

Here is Christale's:

Christale Lynn (Agado) Careaga
    Bremerton, WA
    Oct. 6, 1979
    to Jan. 27, 2017

Christale Lynn (Agado) Careaga: Borrowed Angel

Christale Lynn (Agado) Careaga, age 37, was truly our borrowed angel on this earth from Oct. 6, 1979, until Jan. 27, 2017. She was born in Austin, Texas to parents Larry Agado and Debbie King.

Christale was a precocious child, unafraid to try anything new; eager to explore and cheerfully exuberant. Her sweet smile, energy and vivaciousness were contagious.

Christale was much loved and loved much. She became a mom at the age of 16, while juggling responsibilities to get her GED and studying to become a licensed dental assistant. She was fortunate to have two loves in her life. John Higgins, her first husband and the father of her two children – Ashlynn Rosemarie and newly deceased Johnathon Felipe. As life sometimes happens, things didn’t work out. She then married John (Johnny) Derek Careaga who had five children. Christale joyfully became the mom of this blended family of seven children – five boys and two girls – at the young age of 26.

Her entrepreneurial spirit drove her; after several years as a dental assistant she opened Christale’s Java Hut. She, and her now deceased husband, Johnny, expanded the hut and renamed it to Juanito’s Tacos, a much-frequented venue in the Bremerton area, where they generously gave back to the community helping anyone who was in need.

Christale’s favorite things in life was being a great mom to seven children, being the perfect hostess at Juanito’s Taco Shop, and traveling with Johnny to sunny places.

Christale is survived by her daughter, Ashlynn Rosemarie Higgins of Bremerton; her dad, Larry Agado from Florida; her mom, Debbie King and her grandmother, Virginia King, both from Texas; her brother, Jeremy Agado from Florida; and many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.
    We will miss our borrowed Angel.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/life/...o-37/97463870/
    And John's with no mention of Christale:

John (Johnny) Derek Careaga
    Bremerton, WA
    April 29, 1973
    to Jan. 30, 2017

John (Johnny) Derek Careaga, age 43, beloved son, husband, father, brother, uncle, cousin and friend, was led by angels into paradise on Jan. 30, 2017. He was loved by his family and the community alike.

Johnny’s children were the pride and joy of his life. The legacy of his kind spirit, passion for helping others, and zest for life will live on through them. Johnny was the proud owner of Juanito’s Taqueria, sharing a taste of home with his community. This restaurant was a dream he had. He took that dream and made it a reality. The pleasure he had preparing authentic-style food was evident. He met no stranger and his welcoming smile made all those who came into the restaurant know that he wanted them to feel like family and not just a customer.

He leaves behind his beloved children: Jeremy, Ashlynn, Jacob, Joseph and Brianna.

Johnny also leaves behind his parents: Irma Jacob, Enrique Careaga, and Alicia Careaga; as well as his brothers and sisters: Michael Walden, Milsa Adams, Enrique Careaga, Jr., Holly Phillips, Amy Frampton, Eli Careaga and Adam Careaga and several nieces and nephews. He leaves behind a void in his large, boisterous family.

We know you share our grief with us and we appreciate your prayers

A place that was once filled to overflowing with his warm and compelling light has been extinguished all too soon. We love you Johnny; you will be in our hearts forever.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/life/...a-43/97463322/

Hmmmm. That is very curious.

His family may not have liked her.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    His family may not have liked her.
    I thought that too. I wonder if she was into something that dragged them into a mess.

This is where I live. I've eaten at their taco shop numerous times and they were really active in the community. The rumor mill is that each of them were shot, then the house set fire. John was shot, then the truck was set on fire in Mason County (roughly 30ish minutes away). The rumor mill is also that John used to have Cartel ties in California and *may* have been running drugs down the coast.

Also, the arrested the guy that killed the second guy mentioned in this thread. Lots of gang stuff on each of their facebook profiles. The kid that shot Rick is trying to say that Rick tried to steal his car. Not sure how far that will go, considering he shot him in the head twice and left him in the middle of the road.

The deceased:
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009135920953

The accused:

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.gilbert.374

Updated article:
    http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/...ialog+flow#_=_
    Lurker checking in.

Marijuana is legal here and he had the appropriate permits posted outside where he was growing. Robbery/drugs wouldn't work because all the pot and cash were still there.
    Lurker checking in.

Oh Lord. This is so sad! I hope more info is forthcoming.

John's obituary listed three people as his parents. I'm confused. Unless he was adopted, but wouldn't that be mentioned? And it sounds like his mom and dad are still married.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

Thread Information