Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberty German (13) and Abigail Williams (13) were murdered and an investigation is ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I think they already know who did this.
    They may not have all the proof yet to arrest them, but I think they know.
    I think you're right. Maybe that's why they have been so tight-lipped from the get go.

FOX published this 11hrs ago. I don't know how I missed it?

I'm also not sure how relevant it is given that 1) it's FOX, & 2) I'm assuming he wasn't important enough to be mentioned at the presser because no-one's posted him here yet

Police ask for assistance in identifying man seen walking on trail where Delphi teens went missing

Update: Police released a photo of a man taken on the Delphi Historic Trails on Feb. 13, around the time Abigail Williams and Liberty German were walking.

Investigators want to talk with him about what he may have seen. They would also like to speak with anyone who was parked at High Bridge Trail Head on Feb. 13, between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.

Anyone who knows about the pictured man or has any information is asked to call the Carroll County Sheriff?s Department at 765-564-2413, the Delphi Police Department at 765-564-2345 or the Indiana State Police at 765-567-2125. Callers can remain anonymous.

Original story:

Police confirm bodies found in Delphi are missing teens; homicide investigation underway

DELPHI, Ind. ? Police have launched a double homicide investigation after an autopsy report confirmed the two bodies found in Delphi are the two missing teens.

A volunteer searching for the girls discovered the bodies on private property about 50 to 60 feet from the water, not far from where Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, were last seen. The girls were reported missing Monday.

Officials said the bodies were transported to Terre Haute where a coroner conducted the autopsies that confirmed their identities. They can't release the girls' cause or manner of death at this time.

Police said they do not have any suspects in custody at this time, but they do not believe there is a threat to the community.

"There is someone out there that did this crime and we?re going to track them down," Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. ?Folks should continue with business as usual but be more mindful and watch your surroundings a little closer.?

Officials believe this is the first double homicide investigation in Carroll County.

Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children. "I think people need to be cautious and careful," Riley said. "Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what's going on in their lives. That's the most important thing I can say at this point in time."

The bodies were discovered along the edge of Deer Creek in Delphi which is about a half-mile away from the Monon High Bridge, the last place the two girls were seen Monday afternoon. They were supposed to meet with family members later Monday evening, but when the teens didn?t show up, and that?s when their family called police.

Their disappearance led to a large search involving numerous volunteers and several law enforcement agencies. Riley said police all the way from Lowell, Indiana to Fort Wayne, Indiana have helped with the investigation.

Officers are asking anyone who may have taken pictures in the area or was just on the trail to contact authorities immediately. You can call the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at 765-564-2413 or Indiana State Police at 765-567-2125.

Delphi Community Schools Superintendent Gregory Briles said counselors will be available for students and staff Wednesday. All after school activities have been canceled for the remainder of the week at Delphi Community Middle School.

?It is a small community and the community is going to wrap its arms around these families and is going to take very good care of them,? Briles said.

Administrators also plan to step up security until police release more details about the investigation.

I was posting this because of the pic but then I noticed the wording of police re local teens & went "hmmm".

They're wording things SO carefully but at the same time some of the things they say seem to be loaded with hidden meaning

I dunno, I guess it could just be down to a police dept who aren't experienced in media handling & how every little word they say can be twisted & examined.

Or there's something most of the locals know that we don't & they're all speaking in code to hold off the public attention onslaught a little longer. They've already had a little taste of people talking shit, wouldn't surprise me if they decided to try & block the flow of info, hoping that public interest will wane.
    Last edited by blighted star; 02-15-2017 at 03:50 PM.

I don't think they were found via Snapchat, as in because of the posts - I think they are just coincidence - I snap most of my day, you know?

I really think the snaps are not helpful on this, other than showing where they were last seen alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post

I'm also not sure how relevant it is given that 1) it's FOX, & 2) I'm assuming he wasn't important enough to be mentioned at the presser because no-one's posted him here yet

Police ask for assistance in identifying man seen walking on trail where Delphi teens went missing

I was posting this because of the pic but then I noticed the wording of police re local teens & went "hmmm".

They're wording things SO carefully but at the same time some of the things they say seem to be loaded with hidden meaning

I dunno, I guess it could just be down to a police dept who aren't experienced in media handling & how every little word they say can be twisted & examined.

Or there's something most of the locals know that we don't & they're all speaking in code to hold off the public attention onslaught a little longer. They've already had a little taste of people talking shit, wouldn't surprise me if they decided to try & block the flow of info, hoping that public interest will wane.
    Saw your post after I posted, word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Also, just going to post this because I haven't seen a single local criticise the decision to let them walk there. I've seen people say the pix are deceptive, it's nowhere near as isolated as it looks, plus there was this -

According to this local police themselves visited local schools & promoted the trails as a safe place for kids
    Attached Images Attached Images

All the local media outlets have the photo now and it was released by state police.

I saw a comment about Fox's page and someone said the info was added to an existing story but photo only became available approx 5pm Central Time or 3 hours ago.

Has anyone seen this guy mentioned before? Despite the pix taken a few weeks back he hasn't been identified. He was photographed exposing himself on the Monon Trail in Indianapolis (so not local, different "Monon Trail" - I think its about 1 hr 15mins away, but not that far either).

He deliberately circles his victims - which is pretty aggressive behaviour for this type of sex offender (personal experience x 4 here, not just criminology stats). They usually just casually jog or stroll past & pretend everything's normal - & judging from the case studies I've read, most victims do the same. I did. But I think it's because your mind tries to tell you it's an accident, it's not until you've already passed each other that you have time to process that you just saw a walking erection & obvious arousal =/= accidental exposure.

Anyways, on the day he was photographed by his adult victims, he was also witnessed exposing himself & circling a 14-15 yr old girl.

Which reminded me of Colin Pitchfork, a UK killer (Joseph Wambaugh wrote about his case because it was the 1st forensic use of DNA tech).

He murdered his first teenage victim because she responded differently to his flashing behaviour than his previous victims. She panicked & ran off the path in a relatively isolated area, providing an "opportunity" he hadn't had in the past.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/c...on-monon-trail

INDIANAPOLIS -- The search continues for a man who exposed himself to multiple female joggers on the Monon Trail.

Officers with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department say two of his victims were jogging on the trail near 49th Street on January 9 when they saw the man running with his privates exposed.

They told police that he ran circles around them before he tucked himself away and ran off.

They also saw the man running near a younger girl who was walking her dog.

Officers took multiple reports during that timeframe from female victims describing similar circumstances.

The suspect is described as a man in his late teens or early twenties. He was approximately 5'10" to 6'0" tall and weighed around 130-150 pounds with a thin build. He was wearing a yellow, long-sleeved Drumstick Dash T-shirt, black running shorts, black gloves, lime green socks and lime green and black running shoes.

Anyone with information on this man's identity is asked to contact IMPD or Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at (317) 262-8477.

I dunno though, the lack of I.D until after the autopsy (like maybe they needed dental records or something?) & the comments from locals re "knowing" it was murder if you "knew how they were found", has me really worried for this little town that what happened to these girls was disorganised & very personal.

I hope my vibes are all wrong. Even my town's bigger than Delphi & everyone here knows every kid & has since they were in prams. So it's going to be so much fukking worse for that community if this killer is young & homegrown.

I dont want it to be local or another kid though. I want to look like an idiot for ever thinking that.

Damn. So many sex offenders for such a tiny town. That's fucking eye opening

http://www.icrimewatch.net/results.p...&button=Update

Someone on a local/family fb thread says they recognised the man in the pic as someone who approached him asking for money near the bridge a few weeks back.

A few hours after he gave a description in the thread, another poster showed him a pic of a local man with a history of violent sex offences. The guy said he was 80% sure it was the man who approached him.

I dunno tho. He didn't seem in any rush to call police himself. Either way, a particular SO has been I.Ded to locals as "the man on the bridge" & everyone knows where he lives (or at least where he's supposed to live).

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1672669418

Edit a real update to go with my "more unsubstantiated shite" update

***Could someone maybe correct Liberty's age to 14 in the title
    Last edited by blighted star; 02-16-2017 at 03:02 AM.

Also, just going to post this because I haven't seen a single local criticise the decision to let them walk there. I've seen people say the pix are deceptive, it's nowhere near as isolated as it looks, plus there was this -

According to this local police themselves visited local schools & promoted the trails as a safe place for kids
    I think it's really common for the kids in that area to walk the trails.
    Around here, we have miles and miles of bicycle trails. They run in some pretty isolated areas, but they also run through towns. It's not uncommon to see kids on these trails.
    When my kids were younger, they would go with their class on these trails.

Check this feed out and then replies...

QUOTE=bermstalker;3722557]I think it's really common for the kids in that area to walk the trails.
    Around here, we have miles and miles of bicycle trails. They run in some pretty isolated areas, but they also run through towns. It's not uncommon to see kids on these trails.
    When my kids were younger, they would go with their class on these trails.[/QUOTE]

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154916245045119&id=65290355 118

Has anyone seen this guy mentioned before? Despite the pix taken a few weeks back he hasn't been identified. He was photographed exposing himself on the Monon Trail in Indianapolis (so not local, different "Monon Trail" - I think its about 1 hr 15mins away, but not that far either).

He deliberately circles his victims - which is pretty aggressive behaviour for this type of sex offender (personal experience x 4 here, not just criminology stats). They usually just casually jog or stroll past & pretend everything's normal - & judging from the case studies I've read, most victims do the same. I did. But I think it's because your mind tries to tell you it's an accident, it's not until you've already passed each other that you have time to process that you just saw a walking erection & obvious arousal =/= accidental exposure.

Anyways, on the day he was photographed by his adult victims, he was also witnessed exposing himself & circling a 14-15 yr old girl.

Which reminded me of Colin Pitchfork, a UK killer (Joseph Wambaugh wrote about his case because it was the 1st forensic use of DNA tech).

He murdered his first teenage victim because she responded differently to his flashing behaviour than his previous victims. She panicked & ran off the path in a relatively isolated area, providing an "opportunity" he hadn't had in the past.
    What a creeper! Bstar - I’m so sorry that you have experienced so awful - hugs. runner guy needs to be found!

Quote Originally Posted by LuxInTenebrisLucet View Post
    QUOTE=bermstalker;3722557]I think it's really common for the kids in that area to walk the trails.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=65290355118[/QUOTE]

Hi there LuxInTenebrisLucet, what information in that thread are you drawing attention to?

I see posts all over the place that are reminding people that the guy in the photo has not been charged with anything. Luckily there is no such thing as Facebook Court so people sharing the photo will not cause the guy to be wrongly accused.

The photo of the guy is the only piece of information the police have released. Regardless of whether the guy was involved or happened to be nearby, one of the few ways that the police can get more information is to get in touch with the guy through whatever means possible.

This is the original source of the photograph of the guy on the bridge provided by Indiana State Police.http://local.nixle.com/alert/5852022/

There are cams on the trail that are certainly part of the broader investigation and my be why some of the evasiveness exists. It's not often that there is photographic evidence of a crime scene as it occurs.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=65290355118[/QUOTE]

I clicked the link and read the replies...I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary. It seems like people are arguing about whether or not police have talked to that man or not?

Or are you referring to the comment about a way to get to the area, that the police don't know about, and can't be seen by a helicopter?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yes. And also as to whether or not there are actually any trail cams in the first place. There's contradictory opinions about that. Avid hunters/trail walkers say there aren't and according to one comment I read, the police said there weren't any either. I posted that question on one of the Facebook pages covering all the updates, and am interested in hearing what was said.

I'm about 2 hours north of there and just the little (ok, a lot) I've read, there's been many many teens missing in the past several months as well as 2 potential child abductions in the past 3 days!

My concern is that there is a large/growing child trafficking ring that's been formed this past year or so. I am researching that in addition to the Delphi girls.

Speaking in code?

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I can't handle crimes against children. Just...no. Two young teens go out on a walk on a chilly day, in an area considered safe...not to return?

My heart breaks for these girls' families. The things they are going through right now are things I would hope no parent should ever have to experience.

I hope that the police catch the piece of shit who killed these girls, because the longer they go without being caught, the more danger they represent to everyone.

They were just kids. Probably out for a walk, talking about boys at school, plans for summer/next year, brother/sister drama...and they end up dead.

What puts it in someone's head to kill another in a situation like this? You've got to be a pretty fucked up individual to do some heinous shit like this.

To the families and friends of Liberty and Abigail, I can not even imagine the pain you are all feeling right now. My heart goes out to you as you deal with your loss. I pray they find the person(s) responsible and that they don't just "throw the book at them", I hope they beat them to death with it.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

They're so close to the federal prison where all of the nation's sick fucks get the chair, hopefully they'll make use of it sooner rather than later. However, I imagine once the police and/or inmates get their hands on them, they will soon be getting a taste of their own medicine and then some.

Crimes against kids literally make me physically sick. Like I want to vomit. That's why I'm so fixated with this case and the other abductions that's gone on these past few months. It's quite unusual for Indiana. Let's hope we make use of our right to bear arms.

They're so close to the federal prison where all of the nation's sick fucks get the chair, hopefully they'll make use of it sooner rather than later. However, I imagine once the police and/or inmates get their hands on them, they will soon be getting a taste of their own medicine and then some.

Crimes against kids literally make me physically sick. Like I want to vomit. That's why I'm so fixated with this case and the other abductions that's gone on these past few months. It's quite unusual for Indiana. Let's hope we make use of our right to bear arms.
    Are you talikng about Terre Haute, IN where Timothy McVeigh got executed? American Terrorist is a really good read btw.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Are you talikng about Terre Haute, IN where Timothy McVeigh got executed? American Terrorist is a really good read btw.
    That's the one! Lol

Speaking in code?
    Not literally code, just the way they word things is odd, like it's full of hidden meaning. Given that it's a small community I thought maybe locals were aware of certain details because they were on the search, & that police might be wording things in a way that would make sense to those in the know while sounding like standard vague police responses to the rest of us.

But there are people on fb who say they're local & don't know WTF the police are talking about. A lot are angry about it because they don't know whether they've been told there's danger or not. Some people interpreted the police statement as "yes", some interpreted it as "no". So at this stage I think we can assume the wording is down to media inexperience & a desire to withhold details as long as possible.

For an inexperienced small town police dept they've done an amazing job so far of protecting the girl's families from the public consumption of their daughter's last moments. Whether that's because they're trying to limit the pain felt, or whether they know the town is in for more devastating news remains to be seen

- people are focused on SO's & internet contacts, but there's at least one man who went to the local high school repeatedly saying "it'll be older boys" ... "a group of high school boys" etc It seems so unplanned & disorganised I have to admit that possibility crossed my mind too. (it also crossed my mind that as the only person saying that he might've been trying to deflect attention from adult men for a reason - we're still at "who the fuck knows/trust no-one" stage with this & it must feel really fucked up living in travelling distance of Delphi right now, because until police release something more specific, everyone's under scrutiny, everyone's suss. Everyone. Even other teenage girls have been suggested in fb comments

Have you checked out the Kokomo police scanner page and Carroll County police scanner page?

And several people have commented about some creepy guy(s) at the local Walmart and Meijer recently and a couple months back.

And yes, I'm pretty freakin creeped out and hope that whatever and whoever is behind all of this will be found asap. But again, my larger concern is wtf is going on with any trafficking ring. I haven't had time to investigate any media info about that but my guess is, is that it's not spoken of; so hidden away as to not create hysteria...idk it's so dark and sinister...it's terrifying to even fathom. But ignorance is not bliss in this circumstance, I'm afraid. When you become a parent, their safety becomes first and foremost. I'll sacrifice not sleeping at night in order to ensure that. (I have anxiety due to ptsd so unfortunately, a lot of things that I find disturbing will keep me awake at night. :/)

From news report 20 mins ago:

Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said about 6:20 p.m. Thursday that police were at a Carroll County residence serving a search warrant in this case, but no one has been arrested. It is unclear if there will be any arrest, he added.
    http://www.jconline.com/story/news/c...ings/98015212/

And several people have commented about some creepy guy(s) at the local Walmart and Meijer recently and a couple months back.

And yes, I'm pretty freakin creeped out and hope that whatever and whoever is behind all of this will be found asap. But again, my larger concern is wtf is going on with any trafficking ring. I haven't had time to investigate any media info about that but my guess is, is that it's not spoken of; so hidden away as to not create hysteria...idk it's so dark and sinister...it's terrifying to even fathom. But ignorance is not bliss in this circumstance, I'm afraid. When you become a parent, their safety becomes first and foremost. I'll sacrifice not sleeping at night in order to ensure that. (I have anxiety due to ptsd so unfortunately, a lot of things that I find disturbing will keep me awake at night. :/)
    I feel you - fellow parent here. I get so upset about these stories.

Vlad Vader guy...I'd love to see those posts he commented on

Thread Information