Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberty German (13) and Abigail Williams (13) were murdered and an investigation is ongoing

Gary is 2 hours away, and the creek would be flowing from the right to left on the maps.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    If you just go to Josh Lank's page, the comments say the bodies were found in a cabin together.

Josh Lank Both found dead in a cabin around 1230 today
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Dang...in a cabin and on the side of the creek/water are two different things.

Edit

I post too slow :)
    Last edited by blighted star; 02-14-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Weird and weirder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Dang...in a cabin and on the side of the creek/water are two different things.
    Exactly. I came in here just because it seemed busy (by the thread title I just figured 2 teens tried running away and would come back the next day or so ) and didn't click a link until blighted's recent one so I might have missed it, but where was everyone getting that they were found in separate locations?

also, I feel kind of weird that this Josh person is openly discussing it as he's not the family, he's an ex of the family, well a family member, and his kids are cousins of Liberty...No other family member seems to commenting openly that I've seen.

there is usually one of those assholes that arent really involved but want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    Exactly. I came in here just because it seemed busy (by the thread title I just figured 2 teens tried running away and would come back the next day or so ) and didn't click a link until blighted's recent one so I might have missed it, but where was everyone getting that they were found in separate locations?

also, I feel kind of weird that this Josh person is openly discussing it as he's not the family, he's an ex of the family, well a family member, and his kids are cousins of Liberty...No other family member seems to commenting openly that I've seen.
    Right? I find his openly posting a bit odd as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAndy View Post
    there is usually one of those assholes that arent really involved but want to be.
    technically, those are usually the ones to commit the crimes...but I highly doubt that's the case here.

police twitter

https://twitter.com/ISPLafayette
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaAndy View Post
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 02-14-2017 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Guilt overcame me.

I dunno, he hasn't really done anything except share the missing poster, offer condolences like everyone else, & briefly correct a map that was causing people to speculate. That's not really unusual for someone with a personal connection to tragedy

Edit I take that back if this turns out to be the same guy though

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...content_filter
    Last edited by blighted star; 02-14-2017 at 09:09 PM.

So sorry for these two young girls. I hope they release what happened to them. As a side note, you could not pay me enough to walk across that bridge.

I guess what confuses me about this is why the girls were even dropped off out there to begin with?

I've dropped teen girls off before- either at the movies or the mall, never out in bum fuck nowhere.

Did one of the girls get involved in an online relationship and decided to meet someone out there? If I was a cop, that's where I would start.

Here's some more local facebook gossip. I think this woman may know something
    https://www.facebook.com/Fox59News/?hc_location=ufi
    Sounds to me like a tragedy like a suicide or OD as opposed to a murder.
    Like ? Reply ? 9 hrs

Kristi Pfledderer If you knew the circumstances of why it was ruled foul play, you would be thinking otherwise! Have some respect and quit trying to play detective.
    Michael Cheerva Doesn't seem to be any urgency about finding a killer or killers (unless the already have one in custody). Hey I'm not playing detective, im just commenting on facebook. Foul play could include evidence of drug use or suicide. You know something different? I just saw someone post that they were found in graves.
    Like ? Reply ? 1 ? 9 hrs
    Kristi Pfledderer I don't quiet think that's what's she meant. But I'm just saying when and if they release the reasoning for foul play and or if how they found the bodies you will rethink your drug verison!
    Like ? Reply ? 1 ? 8 hrs
    Michael Cheerva Maybe I will. I just said it doesn't sound like a killer is on the loose and I came up with a couple likely scenarios which would fall under foul play but not homicide. Sounds like you know something the rest of us don't.
    Like ? Reply ? 8 hrs
    Kristi Pfledderer As to knowing something doesn't mean I'm at means to discuss the facts that I do know! Just trying to make a statement with facts without giving to much of the facts about it!
    Like ? Reply ? 2 ? 8 hrs
    Michael Cheerva I bet everyone in that area knows the deal.
    Like ? Reply ? 8 hrs
    Kristi Pfledderer I wouldn't say everyone!
    Amy Thatcher They were found naked and its not a joke Robert Pierpont
    Last edited by bermstalker; 02-15-2017 at 01:48 AM.

technically, those are usually the ones to commit the crimes...but I highly doubt that's the case here.
    Yep that.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I dunno, he hasn't really done anything except share the missing poster, offer condolences like everyone else, & briefly correct a map that was causing people to speculate. That's not really unusual for someone with a personal connection to tragedy
    He appeared to be going around and commenting on anything posted about them saying they were found dead in the cabin. He was the only "family" commenting on anything. If this happened in my family, I wouldn't want someone going around like that and I'd want some privacy...not even the police were saying anything. And now it looks like his fb has been deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    All the stories I can find that have been posted or updated today say that they were found by the edge of the river/creek. That doesn't sound like in a cabin to me, but maybe they don't want to put out all the info yet.
    Yeah, the details are not clear at all.

The Deer Creek river is about 4 feet deep this time of year but gets deeper in summer - link to more details including where to find nearly realtime details about the watershed http://www.indianatrails.com/?q=cont...ek-water-trail

I didn't mean to add to the confusion by attempting to understand the map - should I delete what I posted?

From this morning's press conference:
    Autopsy is in process. When asked if people in Delphi should be scared for their families, Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children.

“I think people need to be cautious and careful,” Riley said. “Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what’s going on in their lives. That’s the most important thing I can say at this point in time.”
    The comments by Sgt Riley make me think the girls met up with someone(s) they may have met through social media.

He appeared to be going around and commenting on anything posted about them saying they were found dead in the cabin. He was the only "family" commenting on anything. If this happened in my family, I wouldn't want someone going around like that and I'd want some privacy...not even the police were saying anything. And now it looks like his fb has been deleted.
    Yeah, I get what you mean. It's turned out to be the "helpful" uncle, or dad's "friendly" workmate SO MANY times in threads like this. I only saw him commenting on one page that wasn't his own so I guess I must've missed the rest, it happens. I can still see it being a pretty normal reaction with all the speculation the map was causing. If they were murdered it's going to upset family & locals A LOT to see some of the theories that were being thrown around. By saying what he did, he stopped at least some of the speculation. The page deletion's suss tho. I guess he might've shit after being told he'd released details that were supposed to be withheld - or he's dodgy as fuck.

There have been other family members commenting, but mostly to defend the decision to let the girls go for a walk on the trail alone. There was a fb livestream that took me an hour to scroll through because everyone was fighting over the hundreds of comments blaming the parents/asking why the girls weren't in school. It was pretty gross

In case this is gone too, there was at least one female family member saying they were dropped off by one of the girl's sisters, not the parents. I think she was the one picking them up too. So I guess it's a possibility that the parents might not have even known about the walk until the girls didn't turn up at the pickup point?

We're just not going to know until they release official info though. As of this morning's news they still won't even I.D them. I really hope it's out of choice

(I also really hope they weren't supposed to be with a teenage sister that afternoon. There's so much public blame towards the parents that if it was actually another teen who made that decision, that kid will end up wrongly taking on all the blame people are throwing around at the moment. That's a lot for a grieving teen to carry)

Anyway, this is the latest, I gotta crash

https://twitter.com/matt_mccutcheon
    Last edited by blighted star; 02-21-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Livestream now says double homicide

I will update more

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/15/new-i...nty-teenagers/

Quote Originally Posted by wondery View Post
    Livestream now says double homicide

I will update more

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/15/new-i...nty-teenagers/
    They're actually really not saying anything. They're being very careful with their words.

Weird.

The cop won't even tell the reporters if people should avoid the trails. He wouldn't answer.

The only thing I got- the girls were found on private property....not the trail. No way to get there unless on horseback or walking.

My transcript from watching livestream press conference:

Search members (volunteers) found bodies. Police were nearby.

Collecting evidence still (boats and divers were reported at scene about an hour ago on twitter @RonWilkins2)

Sheriff “Feels safe for this community.” But “Be alert and watchful but that is always. Report anything out of the ordinary”

No one in custody. There is someone out there who committed this crime.

Initial autopsy is completed or nearly completed. Toxicology reports take 4-6 weeks.

No comment on injuries, or cause and manner of death

Bodies not in water; found 50 to 60 feet from the shoreline. No comment on whether the bodies were wet.

Hilly area. Have to walk or ride on a horse to get to it.

Bodies found on private property not the trail itself. No more comments.

Want tips from people who might have been on or around the bridge around the time the photos were taken

No comment re: whether cell phones have been found.

---

Sherriff and Police Chief made it clear that they don't want to comment on much because it is a double homicide investigation. There has never been a child homicide or double homicide in this community but they are getting help from FBI, too. Local, county, and state LE working on it.

LE does not expect to have another press conference

- - -
    I would have asked who owns the private property where the bodies were found.
    Last edited by wondery; 02-15-2017 at 11:25 AM. Reason: just some formatting. posted in haste

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    They're actually really not saying anything. They're being very careful with their words.

Weird.
    I know! Very unusual. Don't recall seeing any other press conference like this before.

Quote Originally Posted by wondery View Post
    I know! Very unusual. Don't recall seeing any other press conference like this before.
    I think they already know who did this.
    They may not have all the proof yet to arrest them, but I think they know.

Thread Information