Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: teenage girl was stoned to death for loving the wrong boy

teenage girl was stoned to death for loving the wrong boy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=452288&in_page_id =1811

There are pictures with the article if you click on the link.

The moment a teenage girl was stoned to death for loving the wrong boy
    Last updated at 18:28pm on 3rd May 2007

Comments (3)

A 17-year-old girl has been stoned to death in Iraq because she loved a teenage boy of the wrong religion.

As a horrifying video of the stoning went out on the Internet, the British arm of Amnesty International condemned the death of Du’a Khalil Aswad as "an abhorrent murder" and demanded that her killers be brought to justice.

Reports from Iraq said a local security force witnessed the incident, but did nothing to try to stop it. Now her boyfriend is in hiding in fear for his life. 

Miss Aswad, a member of a minority Kurdish religious group called Yezidi, was condemned to death as an "honour killing" by other men in her family and hardline religious leaders because of her relationship with the Sunni Muslim boy.

The teenager was dragged outside by 8 or 9 men and stoned for half an hour until she died. Her boyfriend is now in hiding in fear for his life

They said she had shamed herself and her family when she failed to return home one night. Some reports suggested she had converted to Islam to be closer to her boyfriend.

Miss Aswad had taken shelter in the house of a Yezidi tribal leader in Bashika, a predominantly Kurdish town near the northern capital, Mosul.

A large crowd watched as eight or nine men stormed the house and dragged Miss Aswad into the street. There they hurled stones at her for half an hour until she was dead.

The stoning happened last month, but only came to light yesterday with the release of the Internet video.

It is feared her death has already triggered a retaliatory attack. Last week 23 Yezidi workmen were forced off a bus travelling from Mosulto Bashika by a group of Sunni gunmen and summarily shot dead.

An Amnesty International spokesman in London said they receive frequent reports of honour crimes from Iraq – particularly in the predominantly Kurdish north.

Most victims are women and girls who are considered by male relatives to have shamed their families by immoral behaviour.

Kurdish authorities have introduced reforms outlawing honour killings, but have failed to investigate them or prosecute suspects, added the Amnesty spokesman.

Kate Allen, the organisation’s UK director, said: "This young girl’s murder is truly abhorrent and her killers must be brought to justice.

"Unless the authorities respond vigorously to this and any other reports of crimes in the name of 'honour', we must fear for the future of women in Iraq."

Re: teenage girl was stoned to death for loving the wrong boy

Note to self, never EVER go to Iraq.    :2upset:

so sad. Stories like this make me feel blessed and lucky to live in the U.S. as much as I complain about everything.

RIP

That's sickening  RIP

I am so glad I live in America.

oh my..

..wtf? She was so young..

rip..how sad. 

Thank goodness no one is allowed to stone anyone else in North America for dating the "wrong" boy, because I would have been dead a LONG time ago  :lol:

You're like a hurricane to me: your violence is beautiful, your centre, so sweet.

"Stoned to death". I was thinking of something else

That's horrible though. That's pretty fucked up.

Oh god how disgusting...sometimes when I'm on here and read all the deaths concerning something like this makes me think how fucked up society is and how much I hate people. Don't they have any heart at all?! Obviously not. it angers me. I was reading the 'Channon Christian & Christopher Newsom' thread (raped, tortured, murdered by 5 assailants, which did not make it to mainstream news because everyone was focused on Anne Nicole Smith and Bratney Spears, ugh) and it just horrifies me how evil people can be to each other. I still don't get it...

RIP little girl.

The Boy...run far, far away..

Two words describe this: Fucking sick.
    I don't understand how anybody can do that...
    Don't these people have any morals?? (don't bother answering that, its already obvious)
    Perhaps i spent too long hibernating?

Here's the video.

http://theync.com/m042907stone.shtml
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

sounds like my parents. 

[quote author=Wick link=topic=7069.msg340314#msg340314 date=1178392932]
    Here's the video.

http://theync.com/m042907stone.shtml
    [/quote]

didnt work.  :|
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Hmm it worked fine for me just now. 
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

one girl was stoned last year because a boy raped her. he claimed that she had seduced him before. they did believe him. she was 13.

i just hope they will receive what they deserve. may it be in this life or after.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

That was horrible!Those sick fucks!They kept on kicking and stoning her even after she was dead!Poor thing!

Well,first they dragged her out there and tossed her on the ground.Then,they were kicking her and cheering and yelling.Then,they were picking up these big concrete slabs and throwing them at her head.She was laying in a pool of blood and not moving but they still kept on going.

Ummm....
    The best part of this?
    It didn't occur under Saddam Hussein -- at least not in the way it occurs now.
    Women are being held to unattainable Sharia law in ways that they never were in the past.
    We really need to get to 'helping' them set up their government, so that everyday people stop suffering the consequences.

The Order who did this, and they're not your every day Muslims, were executed in retaliation soon afterwards.

http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=20500

Revenge killing

“We do not know the real reason for [Sunday’s] massacre but probably it was a response to the killing by Yazidis, two weeks ago, of a Yazidi woman who had recently converted to Islam to marry a Sunni Muslim. Yazidis stoned her to death in Bashika. Some unofficial sources said that the killings were preceded by threats by Sunni extremists against Yazidis,” Muhammad added.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=7069.msg340641#msg340641 date=1178407444]

http://www.state.gov/g/wi/rls/18877.htm
    Ummm....
    The best part of this?
    It didn't occur under Saddam Hussein -- at least not in the way it occurs now.

[/quote]

Yeah it was all sunshine and butterflies back then.&nbsp; &nbsp; Either that or Saddam didn't let the rest of the world know what was going on.&nbsp; Sadly, I think it's just that no one gave a fuck until the started hating Bush.

http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGMDE140012005?open&amp;of=ENG-IRQ

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=7069.msg340694#msg340694 date=1178409796]
    The Order who did this, and they're not your every day Muslims, were executed in retaliation soon afterwards.

http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=20500

Revenge killing

“We do not know the real reason for [Sunday’s] massacre but probably it was a response to the killing by Yazidis, two weeks ago, of a Yazidi woman who had recently converted to Islam to marry a Sunni Muslim. Yazidis stoned her to death in Bashika. Some unofficial sources said that the killings were preceded by threats by Sunni extremists against Yazidis,” Muhammad added.

Yeah it was all sunshine and butterflies back then.&nbsp; &nbsp; Either that or Saddam didn't let the rest of the world know what was going on.&nbsp; &nbsp;Sadly, I think it's just that no one gave a fuck until the started hating Bush.

http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGMDE140012005?open&amp;of=ENG-IRQ

You make it sound as if Bush doesn't deserve all the hatred that he is getting.&nbsp; Saddam wasn't a religious fanatic, brutal dictator for sure, but I find it hard to believe this kind of behavior was tolerated under his regime.

[/quote]
    You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not <br />the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists.&quot; Abbie Hoffman

at the beginning she did try to get up. but they kept pushing her down, looks like a couple of hundred ppl where there

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=7069.msg340694#msg340694 date=1178409796]

Yeah it was all sunshine and butterflies back then.&nbsp; &nbsp; Either that or Saddam didn't let the rest of the world know what was going on.&nbsp; &nbsp;Sadly, I think it's just that no one gave a fuck until the started hating Bush.

[/quote]
    I don't know about it being all sunshine and butterflies -- I wouldn't say its like that here.&nbsp; You'd just have to look at the one.org campaign that you promote to see that.&nbsp; What I do know is that non-governmental organizations in Iraq purport women's specific experiences to have changed in ways that are not always for the better.&nbsp; Current positives aside (like greater representation in formal politics), Bush's 'rape rooms' that he spoke of pre-war didn't affect that many women.&nbsp; Sure, state sanctioned rape is horrific, even if hundreds of women experience it, but today's Iraq is very different.&nbsp; Women used to leave the home to go to work.&nbsp; Now, women feel that they risk being raped or brutalized if they leave their homes without male companionship.&nbsp; Also, the entire country had far more stability regarding basic human rights before the war.&nbsp; Now people don't have jobs to go to, electricity or running water, food for themselves or their families.&nbsp;

I'm not saying that Hussein was a good guy.&nbsp; What I am saying is that is was none of our business to intervene.&nbsp; Now Darfur, on the other hand?&nbsp;

fuck. why did i watch the video. they wernt stones they were boulders.

i don;t think she was accepting her fate i think the first blow knocked her out :-(

[quote author=BlindRhino link=topic=7069.msg342731#msg342731 date=1178519433]

You make it sound as if Bush doesn't deserve all the hatred that he is getting.&nbsp; Saddam wasn't a religious fanatic, brutal dictator for sure, but I find it hard to believe this kind of behavior was tolerated under his regime
    [/quote]

lol I guess gassing a whole Kurdish village isn't as bad as stoning a girl.&nbsp; If this type of thing occurred under Saddam chances are you wouldn't have heard about it.&nbsp; If he did disagree with what took place he'd probably just have everyone killed.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=7069.msg342929#msg342929 date=1178538939]

I'm not saying that Hussein was a good guy.&nbsp; What I am saying is that is was none of our business to intervene.&nbsp; Now Darfur, on the other hand?&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I'm not saying it's better now, I'm saying it's got potential to be better than it's been for 30yrs.&nbsp; Iraq has a bit more going for it than Darfur, as much as I'd love things to turn around in Africa, Iraq has far more potential.

SOAD

[quote author=Lexa link=topic=7069.msg342957#msg342957 date=1178540994]
    fuck. why did i watch the video. they wernt stones they were boulders.

i don;t think she was accepting her fate i think the first blow knocked her out :-(
    [/quote]

And what is it the bible preaches &quot;let ye who be without sin cast the first [s]boulder[/s] stone&quot;

Im surprised the health and safety brigade arent on this......if this was the UK muslims would have to throw polystyrene blocks instead so no-one gets injured

I do believe a re edit of this video with Bob Dylans&nbsp; Rainy Day Women #12 &amp; 35 playing is in order.

does anyone have any other links?&nbsp; It wont work for me and they deleted it off youtube

why is it that so many people quote the bible in this country?&nbsp; you don't see me reciting Harry Potter!
    You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not <br />the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists.&quot; Abbie Hoffman

Thread Information