Thread: Clubber shot dead at close range - name needed

Clubber shot dead at close range - name needed

Clubber shot dead at close range
    Forensic experts outside SE1 club
    The victim was on a night out with friends

A man killed inside a nightclub in south London was shot once at close range, police have said.

The 24-year-old victim was found with gunshot wounds at the SE1 club in Weston Street, Bermondsey, early on Sunday morning.

He was taken to an east London hospital where he was later pronounced dead. Police have begun a murder inquiry.

Officers believe the unnamed victim was with friends when he was approached by the man who shot him.

No arrests have been made.

Appealing to clubbers who saw the incident to come forward, Det Ch Insp Adnan Qureshi said: "We know that the club was still busy at the time of the murder and there will have been a number of witnesses to the murder and events that have preceded it.

"Naturally when shots were fired the crowd dispersed and many left the scene."

A post-mortem examination will take place in the afternoon.

Officers from Operation Trident are investigating the incident and said they are keeping an open mind about the motive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7654669.stm

Re: Clubber shot dead at close range - name needed

Errol Davis - although BBC News can't appear to decide on how to spell his surname.  They have it as Davis and Davies

Club gun death victim identified
    Forensic experts outside SEOne club
    Mr Davies died from a single gunshot wound to the head

Police have named a 24-year-old man shot dead in a south London nightclub.

Errol Davis was out with friends at the SEOne club in Weston Street, Bermondsey, when he was approached by a gunman and shot once at close range.

He died later in hospital from a gunshot wound to the head, a post-mortem examination found.

Trident, the Metropolitan Police unit set up to tackle gun crime in the black community, is investigating the murder, which happened early on Sunday.

Det Ch Insp Adnan Qureshi, leading the inquiry, has appealed for witnesses or anyone with information about the shooting to come forward.

He said: "I want to reassure anyone that their information will be treated sensitively and that there are measures in place to protect witnesses who may feel reluctant to come forward."

SEOne is underneath a railway arch just yards from the Britain at War Museum and the popular tourist destination The London Dungeon.

Several roads around busy London Bridge station were closed as a result of the forensic investigation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7656061.stm

ETA: I can't find a myspace for him

Re: Clubber shot dead at close range - name needed

whoa, i have been to SEOne loads, it gets pretty packed and has lots of off shoot tunnels off a main hall, it must of been blind panic in that place. I know i would have legged it at sounds of gun shots, i doubt few people saw anything.

Thread Information