Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is your Myspace private?

Re: Why is your Myspace private?

Personally, anyone who makes a blase quip that private profiles are for cowards needs to get a grip.

Myspace is a social networking site.

You can have whoever you want on it, and whoever you want looking at your site.

Some people use it to keep in touch with friends who might be out of town/on the other side of the world etc. It's their site, so it's up to them who they have on it and who they want to view it.

They are not cowards, and it's lame to say they are.
    It's their piece of the web and it's up to them what they do with it.

If people don't like it, tough shit.

I'm sure the people wanting to view someones site that's private will just move on to a public one.
    If they're so bothered by private MySpaces, maybe they should find another pastime like tenpin bowling or something.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=angela link=topic=7060.msg338443#msg338443 date=1178307784]
    I have a friend who has a private profile AND hides her friends list.  Does she not trust her friends?  :?
    [/quote]

Nah It prolly means she has some cry baby friends that get butt hurt if they're not in the top four..that's part of the reason I hide mine. Everytime I add someone new someone else gets pissy. I just drop friends on there..they're in no order..My number one is my husband, the top like 12 is my best friends, and the rest are some of my fav mds users. And in no special order.
    You remember me as Sheilamadrie......Add me as a friend on myspace so you can talk shit about me on my page when I die..

Mines on private so it'll be harder for people to steal my damn pictures and make a new account with them.   Least now I know if it happenss, it's someone in my friends list. xD And.. There's a bitch who's after my best friend and since he's in my top friends, it won't be hard to find him. So every time she tries to add me I deny her.. :]] Gheeeh..

[quote author=angela link=topic=7060.msg338421#msg338421 date=1178307336]
    My MySpace is public because I wouldn't write anything on there that I wouldn't want my mother reading.

My pics are private.  I sometimes put pics of my BF/friends/whomever on there and I am uncomfortable with publicly displaying other peoples' pics.  And with all the pic hacking that's been going on here lately, I feel like it was a good call.

[size=20pt]Also, I have a tracker to help monitor the crazy people.

Edit: Heh.  I posted in another thread that my tits are hot.  I just checked my tracker and I've got 876478 hits with that post as the referrer [/size]

[/quote]

I hate tiny type hehe

Mine has to go private periodically due to some of our more colorful members and any mood swing they might be experiencing.

Mine is private now and I think it's going to stay that way. It's not to hide from any of you guys or even really the general public. Anyone who would friend request me from here, i'd accept. I just deleted a boatload of people too...like all my ex's friends and everything. I just dont like myspace because it's like...when you break up with someone, they still have full access to your life. I dont mind being friends or acquaintances with an ex, but when you start harassing me when I date someone new...yeah, time to make some deletions and make the 'space private. I'd rather be able to say anything i'd like on there than have to edit it.
    ALTHOUGH..fear not, kids...Jessa has my log in info, and i would like it to be made public in the event of my untimely demise. Shit, if you can't bother me, i dont give a fuck who reads what. :)
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=7060.msg339871#msg339871 date=1178363027]
    Mine is private now and I think it's going to stay that way. It's not to hide from any of you guys or even really the general public. Anyone who would friend request me from here, i'd accept. I just deleted a boatload of people too...like all my ex's friends and everything. I just dont like myspace because it's like...when you break up with someone, they still have full access to your life. I dont mind being friends or acquaintances with an ex, but when you start harassing me when I date someone new...yeah, time to make some deletions and make the 'space private. I'd rather be able to say anything i'd like on there than have to edit it.
    ALTHOUGH..fear not, kids...Jessa has my log in info, and i would like it to be made public in the event of my untimely demise. Shit, if you can't bother me, i dont give a fuck who reads what. :)
    [/quote]
    Isn't that kind of funny, I made arrangements for my myspace to not be private and my death to be reported to MDS asap... I guess its just a MDSer thing  :lol:
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=7060.msg338728#msg338728 date=1178314448]
    Personally, anyone who makes a blase quip that private profiles are for cowards needs to get a grip.

Myspace is a social networking site.

You can have whoever you want on it, and whoever you want looking at your site.

Some people use it to keep in touch with friends who might be out of town/on the other side of the world etc. It's their site, so it's up to them who they have on it and who they want to view it.

They are not cowards, and it's lame to say they are.
    It's their piece of the web and it's up to them what they do with it.

If people don't like it, tough shit.

I'm sure the people wanting to view someones site that's private will just move on to a public one.
    If they're so bothered by private MySpaces, maybe they should find another pastime like tenpin bowling or something.
    [/quote]

I didn't know someone could feel so strongly about private profiles.
    The breakfast of champions.

It only bothers me because i'm nosey. Mine's not private. Feel free to message me if you want it. I understand why people make theirs private though.
    and she loves regardless of everything that has<br />stained her life. she loves with everything she has left.<br />and that&#039;s beautiful.

[quote author=RileysDestiny link=topic=7060.msg350062#msg350062 date=1178760151]
    It only bothers me because i'm nosey. Mine's not private. Feel free to message me if you want it. I understand why people make theirs private though.
    [/quote] it bothers me cause im nosey too. but i have mine private so i cant really bitch! :)
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Plaincat link=topic=7060.msg337203#msg337203 date=1178255507]
    I just like to know who's checking out my page I guess.
    [/quote]

Agreed.

Here's somethin for all the privates out there hehe, I'm rockin' this one haha

Mine's not private; it's just stupid. I have, like, 7 friends and don't have any blog entries up. It's rather boring, really. There's nothing of interest on my site.

Cause your mom won't leave me alone.

Actually it's not.

SOAD

mines private...and requires a last name or email addy for friends req...........I even got bored tonight and deleted all my photos

[quote author=SOAD link=topic=7060.msg360000#msg360000 date=1179179903]
    mines private...and requires a last name or email addy for friends req...........I even got bored tonight and deleted all my photos
    [/quote]

That must have been fun.

Mine is private because a former friend just can't help herself but to look at my profile all the time.&nbsp; She's crazy as a shithouse rat.&nbsp; Not to mention I made friends with someone locally, an older guy.&nbsp; Turns out he was a dirty old pervert.&nbsp; He wrote me a message to never change my pic so he could look down my shirt.&nbsp; :-o&nbsp; Totally grossed me out.&nbsp; I don't want him seeing any part of my page whatsoever.

I forgot to leave a reasoning in my previous post ha

My profile is not set to private but a few of my photo albums and blogs are set to friends only.

Mine was set to private because I was getting shit from my husbands ex-girlfriend......she is a total nut job!

My myspace isn't private and never will be. But I wanted to comment on people who select their pics to private, yet have 20 pics of themselves all over their page......
    [

It's too risky to not have your profile private imo.&nbsp; I got enough close friends in my friend list.&nbsp; They can read my blog and see what is up in my life.&nbsp; For me it's about quality, not quantity anyways.&nbsp; I'd rather have my page be observed by few close friends only.&nbsp; No need to broadcast my life, trials and tribulations to the whole world.&nbsp; Im not trying to win no damn popularity contest.

I had a 16 year old kid send me a message...This prompted me to make it private for anyone under 18, and i blocked people under 18 from contacting me. haha.

So I guess this makes me private to any non myspace members as well.

[quote author=ChrisClu80 link=topic=7060.msg377394#msg377394 date=1180028397]
    My myspace isn't private and never will be. But I wanted to comment on people who select their pics to private, yet have 20 pics of themselves all over their page......
    [/quote]

Yea some people should just not be alive.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Disgustipated link=topic=7060.msg341214#msg341214 date=1178433899]
    I didn't know someone could feel so strongly about private profiles.
    [/quote]
    Not just the profiles, but the chickenshits and hypocrites behind them too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Cool, now i know why there are so many private profiles.

Thread Information