Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Toni Anderson (20) was found dead in her car in a river two months after she went missing

Distance 8.0 Miles | 10 min

1. Start out going north on MO-9/Burlington St. Continue to follow MO-9 N.6.6 Miles
    2. Turn slight right onto MO-9/East St. Continue to follow MO-9.1.3 Miles
    3. Turn left onto Clark Ave.0.1 Miles

2525 Burlington St, North Kansas City, MO 64116

8701 Clark Ave, Parkville, MO 64152

https://www.google.com/maps/place/En...!4d-94.6807478

In the beginning Toni's friend sided with PC nonsense but recently accepted reality. Toni Anderson thought she was being pulled over at 4:42am and most likely was.

http://www.kristv.com/story/34439864...-disappearance

That message was sent to Roxy Townsend, a friend of Anderson, who told NBC's Dateline, "There have been many reports of cars in Kansas City impersonating police with lights or sirens so now I'm not sure about what "again" means."

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Wic...414281173.html

The father of a Wichita woman who went missing in north Kansas City last month, says the whereabouts of his daughter are still unknown.

Brian Anderson says six detectives are working the disappearance of his daughter, Toni, but they haven’t turned up anything.

Brian tells us law enforcement were able to gain access from Apple to get Toni's iCloud information but the encryption key they were sent does not work. He says they now hope to get some information once they get into her account.

Brian says law enforcement dragged the river multiple times but have not come up with anything. He says the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children made an exception for Toni and added the 20-year-old to its database.

Brian says the detectives are going to another agency to review their findings and make sure they did not miss anything in their investigation.

At this point, police say there is no sign of foul play.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...134146444.html

Mom thinks missing UMKC student is a victim of human trafficking

Looking for clues

Liz Anderson said she and her husband both returned to work recently, though Brian Anderson is working at a resort in northern Minnesota while she stays in Wichita.

She said the Andersons sold their home here in January, though she has no immediate plans to leave Wichita.

Liz Anderson seems convinced police have all but ruled out the possibility that foul play was not involved in the disappearance, though Snapp wouldn’t go that far when asked.

“We investigate all cases as if a crime occurred until proved different, which is why we spend endless hours investigating missing persons cases,” Snapp said. “It makes sense to conduct a full investigation now rather than having to backtrack later.

“With that said, there’s still no evidence of foul play.”

Snapp added that Toni’s boyfriend has never been a person of interest in the case and that he has been cooperative with police.

After leaving work in the early-morning hours of Jan. 15, Toni was pulled over by a North Kansas City police officer for an improper lane change, the Kansas City Star reported.

That officer gave her a warning and watched as she drove her 2014 Ford Focus to a nearby QuikTrip, Snapp said. That’s where the picture gets murky, because nobody seems to know what happened next.
    Speculation

In comments on stories published online and on social media by news organizations since Toni’s disappearance, some people have speculated that she fabricated her own disappearance.

There’s even a Facebook page called “Toni Anderson Missing Scam,” which is the first result that pops up when “Toni Anderson missing Facebook” is searched on Google.

“I’ve seen those rumors, and they’re absolutely false,” Liz Anderson said. “Toni would never do something like that. For what? She had so much going for her. She was in school, and she had the apartment in Kansas City that she always wanted.”

On a GoFundMe fundraising webpage dedicated to Toni Anderson – set up by her mother – more than $10,600 was shown to have been raised as of Tuesday by 160 people. The page was created on Jan. 17.

Liz Anderson said the money is in an account that “hasn’t been touched yet.” The money was originally supposed to go toward hiring a private investigator, though she said police have advised against that so far.

Maureen Reintjes, a spokeswoman for Missouri Missing, a nonprofit organization based in Jefferson City, Mo., said it is rare to find that a reported missing person faked their own disappearance.

$10,615 has been raised by a GoFundMe page created after Toni Anderson disappeared

“About 99.9 percent of missing cases are due to mental or physical illness, accident or something criminal done to the person or by the person,” Reintjes said. “We have all seen that asinine ‘scam’ site, and that person should have criminal charges brought against her.

“We call those people haters – the families and friends of the missing have to put up with trash like that all the time.”
    Staying positive

Liz Anderson returned to Wichita on Monday from Kansas City, where she said she was being interviewed by the makers of the TV show “Crime Watch Daily with Chris Hansen.”

She said she’s thankful for the support her family has received, from loved ones and strangers, in Wichita and beyond.

“We’ve received endless love, kindness and prayers,” she said. “I don’t think I could get through this without that love. I’ve gotten cards from people all over the country.”

Liz Anderson said she plans to stay in Wichita until her daughter is found, which she firmly believes will happen. She said police are still waiting on the iCloud information to be retrieved from Toni’s Apple phone.

Though she’s an adult, Toni’s profile has been added to the database for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

“There are two detectives working 24/7 on Toni’s case,” Liz Anderson said. “Where her phone last pinged, they’ve searched every inch. They’ve used drones, ATVs, dogs – everything. They just can’t find her.”

I still believe she's missing willingly...I'm probably alone in this camp now, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...136092253.html

When the forecast called for inclement weather seven weeks ago, Liz Anderson sent a text urging her daughter to stay home and avoid the potentially icy, rain-slicked and hazardous roads.

In a reply text, the 20-year-old University of Missouri-Kansas City student said she would comply with her mother’s wishes and simply stay put.

But that didn’t happen.

While not ruling out foul play, Kansas City police think that around 6 a.m. Jan. 15, Toni Anderson likely wrecked her black 2014 Ford Focus on some rural, desolate roadway.

The accident may have happened far away from where any high-definition, sonar detectors or other aerial tracking devices would have been able to locate her.

It will be seven weeks on Sunday when Anderson left her job at Chrome strip club around 4 a.m. and was reportedly on her way to meet friends at another strip club near downtown. But she was pulled over miles away 30 minutes later by a North Kansas City police officer for an illegal lane usage.

Anderson never connected with her friends — and what happened afterward has frustrated her family and friends and created a wave of rumors and speculation on internet blogs and social media.

“It’s been a nightmare that doesn’t end until we find her, and that is exactly what it is like,” her mother said. “I am trying to be as strong as I possibly can for my daughter to find her, and to keep her name and face out there as much as possible.”

The quick text exchange in January was the last time Liz Anderson communicated with her daughter.

Kansas City police missing persons investigators say they are examining two possible theories of what might have happened to Toni Anderson.

The first — and most likely — theory is that she was involved in a traffic accident, and authorities have yet to find the location. Anderson worked late that night, and the inclement weather created icy roads. Investigators know that Anderson was driving in an unfamiliar area.

“Fatigue, bad weather lends itself to the possibility of a traffic accident, like running off the roadway,” said Sgt. Ben Caldwell, a supervisor with the Police Department’s missing persons, cold case section. “That is still probably our strongest possibility at this point.”

The second theory is that Anderson was the victim of foul play. Police will investigate that possibility until they learn otherwise, as is standard in missing persons probes.

“There is nothing to indicate that there was foul play, but we are treating it as if it was foul play until we learn something differently,” he said.

But the crash theory is the most logical and makes the most sense based on the evidence police have amassed so far, Caldwell said.

After Anderson was pulled over in North Kansas City, the officer directed her to a QuikTrip not far away at 26th and Burlington streets, because she was running low on gas.

Anderson tried to pay for gas at the pump, but her debit card was declined. She went inside to pay, came out and filled up her gas tank. All of this was captured on the store’s video surveillance camera, Caldwell said.

At 4:42 a.m., Anderson sent a friend a text message from the QuikTrip parking lot: “OMG OMG just got pulled over again.”

For some reason, Anderson remained at QuikTrip until 4:49 a.m. and then drove north to parts unknown, Caldwell said.

Investigators think Anderson traveled westbound along the Missouri 9 corridor between Kansas City and Parkville. She remained in that area until 6 a.m.

They also said the GPS device that was plugged into a slot beneath the dashboard malfunctioned, or Anderson unplugged it. Anderson used the device for auto insurance purposes after she received a number of traffic citations.

On three separate occasions, Kansas City police, along with the Missouri State Highway Patrol and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, used sonar, aerial cameras and other high-definition devices to search bodies of water and other areas.

They also conducted extensive searches near the Shady Lady club on East 12th Street because that is where Anderson told the officer in North Kansas City she was going to meet her friends, Caldwell said.

Liz Anderson believes her daughter was a victim of human trafficking because those searches turned up empty.

PARKVILLE, Mo. —
    Crews were working to pull a second vehicle from the Missouri River on Friday afternoon near Platte Landing Park after an SUV was pulled from the water earlier in the day.

Authorities said detectives conducting sonar checks in the river located the vehicle.

Police said investigators were acting on information they received about a case, but would not identify which case.

Kansas City police Capt. Stacey Graves said the vehicle is not believed to be related any Kansas City police investigation.

The second vehicle remained submerged as of 4:30 p.m. CT.
    http://www.kmbc.com/article/kc-polic...e-park/9118041

So her family hired a dive team as I understand it; they were out using sonar at this location to search in the river because she was believed to possibly be in this area... and detectives are working with this team.

2nd car being pulled up now... so far it appears to be what looks like a smaller black vehicle, with its back right tire all flattened and bent :'(

People on the live video that Frank posted are saying there's a body of a 22 yr old and it's for sure a black ford focus...but obviously I think they're just pulling that out of their asses to say it's for sure her...even though she isn't 22.

I hope it is, obviously. but I wish people would wait for confirmation before fucking with her family.

Hubcaps and tail lights match Toni's missing vehicle...
    I can't imagine how her family must be feeling right now.

PARKVILLE, Mo. —
    Crews have pulled a second vehicle from the Missouri River in Parkville.

It appears to be a small vehicle, dark in color.

Crews have been working all afternoon to bring the second vehicle up from the river bottom. It wasn't known who the vehicle belonged to, or if anything was inside.
    http://www.kmbc.com/article/kc-polic...e-park/9118041

PARKVILLE, MO (KCTV) -
    Police and recovery teams have pulled Toni Anderson's car from the Missouri River.
    A black SUV and a black were found in the Missouri River in the Northland on Friday.
    For the last several weeks, police have been conducting searches of the area hoping to find any clues to where 20-year-old Toni Anderson might be.
    Crews in boats and divers were searching for something underneath the water most of the day.
    http://www.kctv5.com/story/34724154/...search-in-area

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article137853908.html

Mom: Missing Wichita woman’s car found in river; body inside

The car belonging to missing Wichita woman Toni Anderson was found early Friday night in the Missouri River next to Parkville, Mo., her mother said.

“We just got the news — there’s a body in her car,” Liz Anderson said, sobbing, as she spoke on her cellphone. “There is somebody inside.”

A nonprofit organization was searching the river with sonar equipment when Toni’s Ford Focus was found, her mother said. Divers were able to confirm the vehicle via the license plate.

“I just don’t know how she got there,” Liz Anderson said of her daughter, a 2014 graduate of Wichita East High School. “It doesn’t make sense, one bit.”

Toni Anderson, 20, was last seen early on the morning of Jan. 15 after she left work in Kansas City. Her Ford Focus was one of multiple vehicles found in the Missouri River by the nonprofit company on Friday.

Earlier in the day, Kansas City police said an SUV pulled from the river was not connected to any active investigations. But Toni Anderson’s car was found at about 6 p.m., and her mother received news that a body was inside about an hour later.

The family had hired the nonprofit company, Liz Anderson said, and they had searched the river for two days without finding anything. They decided to search for a third day — and that’s when Toni’s black Focus was found.

It's her, and she and her car was found by the private investigation team that the family hired.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/34724154/...search-in-area

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I want to know about the SUV.

Damned shame. I really thought she had run.

I just don't understand how people randomly drive into water like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Damned shame. I really thought she had run.

I just don't understand how people randomly drive into water like this.
    good to see someone else was in this camp with me. I think someone said the rear tire was flat, but I don't know if that's true or they just thought they saw it when it was pulled out of the water.

I also want to know about the suv, especially after the whole "it's not part of any investigation"...like wtf. You guys just knew there was a ran vehicle in this water? Someone had to have been missing this huge suv, that's not exactly how we dispose of vehicles around here.

Yeah, if one of the wheels was messed up, it's possible it happened while she was driving, lost control and ended up in the river.

There was a news story local to me about an 18 year old girl who was driving and lost control, ending up in a creek or river, can't remember which. They found her vehicle pretty quickly but she wasn't in it. A month or so later they found her body in the water. She somehow made it out of her vehicle, but didn't make it out of the water. Really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

I'm very familiar with that park, and locations of all the events that transpired up until car was found. Police preliminary report says that body had no foul play (according to family) but there has been no official statement by NKCPD or Parkville PD that body has been identified as hers. Speculation is that she got lost there and may have driven into the MO river; however, any drop off an embankment into the MO River was not even close to where all of these events took place. The dock near where the car was found is at the way back of the park, and difficult to get to it...to have accidentally driven off of it. The damage to the car could have resulted in the river moving it down along the bottom or bank of river. Weird story all the way around. She was almost 30 minutes north of the club she worked at, as well as she was reported to meet friends at the Shady Lady (30 minutes from the QT where she got gas). I'm an asshole who thinks there's more to story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahric13 View Post
    I'm very familiar with that park, and locations of all the events that transpired up until car was found. Police preliminary report says that body had no foul play (according to family) but there has been no official statement by NKCPD or Parkville PD that body has been identified as hers. Speculation is that she got lost there and may have driven into the MO river; however, any drop off an embankment into the MO River was not even close to where all of these events took place. The dock near where the car was found is at the way back of the park, and difficult to get to it...to have accidentally driven off of it. The damage to the car could have resulted in the river moving it down along the bottom or bank of river. Weird story all the way around. She was almost 30 minutes north of the club she worked at, as well as she was reported to meet friends at the Shady Lady (30 minutes from the QT where she got gas). I'm an asshole who thinks there's more to story.

I kind of wonder if there is more to this story too.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I kind of wonder if there is more to this story too.
    I have felt there's more to this story since the beginning of it, I have been following it.
    So much of it just doesn't really add up...
    With so many different people being all involved throughout this case, and then basically every one of them, not doing what you'd quite exactly expect of them;
    With the boyfriend totally not responding or really cooperating as swimmingly as any one would have hoped starting from the beginning, and then LE pretty much dropping the ball from the start too, saying 'no foul play, definitely no foul play' the entire way through the whole thing even after her and her car are found in the river; aaaand then NKCPD refusing to acknowledge their overall involvement too, not towing her car away on a flatbed as it was an accident/crime involving the loss of a person, but still they're pointing their fingers here at "no foul play"...
    PLUS the parents serious lack of concern over their daughters entire life-?.. coupled with even more of their general absence of involvement through the entire process of actually trying to find their missing child since January.
    I am not trying to say these people didn't try hard to find her, but I have been left scratching my head pretty frequently at the way this was all handled.

Buying drugs in an unfamiliar area and ended up lost? Just thinking of the unusual time and the ATM withdrawal. Although you'd think there'd be a text or call history if that was the case.

Sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Im really late and i apologize. But this doesnt sound right.🤔
    2 cars found in the same area.no info on the 1st car..and also no body? Only body found was Tonis..still inside her car. But the other car didnt have a body in it too?🤔
    Didnt they previously mention that the area was searched before that? if her was driven off into the river and carried to where it was found wouldnt they have found evidence of an incident at the starting point?
    How exactly are they able to rule out "foul play" when her body has been submerged in water for 2 months?
    Im assuming it maybe cold there so it could possibly preserve somethings (i live in fl where its still days that its 90 degrees in our "winter").
    Sounds like a cover up.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijadelamuerte View Post
    Im really late and i apologize. But this doesnt sound right.��
    2 cars found in the same area.no info on the 1st car..and also no body? Only body found was Tonis..still inside her car. But the other car didnt have a body in it too?��
    Didnt they previously mention that the area was searched before that? if her was driven off into the river and carried to where it was found wouldnt they have found evidence of an incident at the starting point?
    How exactly are they able to rule out "foul play" when her body has been submerged in water for 2 months?
    Im assuming it maybe cold there so it could possibly preserve somethings (i live in fl where its still days that its 90 degrees in our "winter").
    Sounds like a cover up.
    There wasn't a body in the SUV? I've never heard one way or the other. I've never thought about it. I just assumed that there was a body..

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    There wasn't a body in the SUV? I've never heard one way or the other. I've never thought about it. I just assumed that there was a body..
    All they said about the SUV was that it wasn't a part of any of their cases, but I'm sure they would have said if there was another body.

Thread Information