Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Woman kidnapped from hospital as a newborn has been found 18 years later

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Woman kidnapped from hospital as a newborn has been found 18 years later

http://people.com/crime/missing-kamiyah-mobley-found/

A Florida newborn taken from her family in the hospital more than 18 years ago has been located living with her alleged abductor, who she believed to be her mom, law enforcement announced Friday.

Kamiyah Mobley was only hours old when authorities say a woman posing as a health care worker took her from a Jacksonville, Florida, hospital in July 1998. According to local reports, Kamiyah was briefly given to the woman because her family believed the woman was a nurse, while hospital staff believed the woman was a relative.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-12-2022 at 11:54 AM.

From the link:
    That changed this week, when on Thursday night authorities confirmed Kamiyah’s identity after they were led to her by a series of leads beginning late last year, Sheriff Williams said.

He said Kamiyah has had “some inclination” beginning several months ago that she may be involved in the case but otherwise “appears to be a normal 18-year-old young woman."
    I wonder who gave the police the leads and how Kamiyah found out about it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I was reading about this earlier and thought that since she's 18 she might have been applying for college and something came up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

I feel so sorry for her bio parents. She's their baby but they are complete strangers. It's going to be even sadder if the daughter chooses not to reunite with them. A lifetime of bonding, love and memories all stolen from those parents.

Thats true's true. I think id just wanna know if she had been given a good life ?and that she was ok.
    At the end of the day if she chooses not to meet them i hope they find some they get positive answers and can find some peace in that.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Wow! Just.... Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I worked at the hospital when she was taken. There were always rumors the mother was tested positive for drugs and feared they would take her baby away. So for years people in the city thought one of her family members had the baby. Thank goodness that was not the case and she has been found.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I worked at the hospital when she was taken. There were always rumors the mother was tested positive for drugs and feared they would take her baby away. So for years people in the city thought one of her family members had the baby. Thank goodness that was not the case and she has been found.
    Wow! That's really interesting that you worked there! I did read where it said they saw the mom talking to the woman beforehand, and they thought the abductor was a family member because of that.

When stories like this happen and they don't find the baby right away, I always think that there is no possible way they will ever find them. Babies change so dramatically in such a short time, so DNA is really the only way. Look at the pic of the baby with this story....tell me how you would age progress that?! She's just a scrunched up little red thing with a ton of hair.

I think one of her family members or someone close to her ratted her out. After all this time I think it had to be someone close to her.

As Words mentioned, applying for college or something like that could have triggered her to look into her documents/history and maybe she noticed that something wasn't right. I read in one story though that she wondered all through her life if she had been abducted, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Wow! That's really interesting that you worked there! I did read where it said they saw the mom talking to the woman beforehand, and they thought the abductor was a family member because of that.

When stories like this happen and they don't find the baby right away, I always think that there is no possible way they will ever find them. Babies change so dramatically in such a short time, so DNA is really the only way. Look at the pic of the baby with this story....tell me how you would age progress that?! She's just a scrunched up little red thing with a ton of hair.

I think one of her family members or someone close to her ratted her out. After all this time I think it had to be someone close to her.

As Words mentioned, applying for college or something like that could have triggered her to look into her documents/history and maybe she noticed that something wasn't right. I read in one story though that she wondered all through her life if she had been abducted, or something like that.
    I also think it was someone close to her that ratted her out. Possibly a spouse/ex?

Anything regarding a birth certificate would be a problem. Do you need one to get a license there?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I also think it was someone close to her that ratted her out. Possibly a spouse/ex?

Anything regarding a birth certificate would be a problem. Do you need one to get a license there?
    Several years post 9/11 the requirements to get any kind of ID became very strict. I could totally see all of this stemming from her wanting to get a license or something like that. Maybe she needed a passport for a senior trip or something and it all started unraveling.

Several years post 9/11 the requirements to get any kind of ID became very strict. I could totally see all of this stemming from her wanting to get a license or something like that. Maybe she needed a passport for a senior trip or something and it all started unraveling.
    I'd bet you're right. I have a friend who was adopted a couple of times as a kid (first a normal infant adoption, then after her mom divorced and remarried a couple of times) then she married, divorced and remarried, divorced, remarried a man from Canada and was trying to get her identity sorted out so she could get a passport when that req. came in. She claims she was afraid she'd end up like "the man without a country" sailing from place to place for a while.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Yep, she would have needed a birth certificate and a ssn/card for that.

I wonder if whoever knew/helped the woman take the baby was afraid of facing charges, so they rolled on her for a deal.

I read that mom was only 15 when baby was born. What a traumatic thing to have happen to you all at once at such a young age.

Woman kidnapped from hospital as a newborn has been found 18 years

I think Harper is probably as talented as Trout, but obviously not as consistent.

Some people have mentioned Donaldson, who according to WAR has been pretty consistently the second best player in the AL after Trout.

Quote Originally Posted by LizaHasse View Post
    I think Harper is probably as talented as Trout, but obviously not as consistent.

Some people have mentioned Donaldson, who according to WAR has been pretty consistently the second best player in the AL after Trout.
    Are you having a stroke? Do you need us to call someone?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Are you having a stroke? Do you need us to call someone?
    This is the second thread I've seen where this person has posted something nonsensical. It's as if they're on some other forum or something. It's bizarre.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Sorry, I'm on my iPad...but I saw a picture of the girl and her birth parents. They were reunited.

God I feel so bad for the bio parents. They were under a cloud of suspicion for so long, like BWS said. Now their daughter is alive, and defending her kidnapper. I do also feel terrible for Kamiyah.

This Williams lady went on to have 2 kids? That's pretty fucked up.

This is playing out like a lifetime movie.

Such a strange story. I can't imagine how the parents or the teen girl feel.

More than 18 years after being abducted as a newborn from her family in a Florida hospital, Kamiyah Mobley has reunited with her biological parents.

The teen and her biological family — father Craig Aiken and mother Shanara Mobley — reconnected with her in a 45-minute private reunionat the Walterboro Police Department on Saturday, CBS affiliate WCSC reports.

“First meeting was beautiful, it was wonderful, couldn’t went no better…” her father, Craig Aiken, told WCSC. “She was glad to meet us.”

He said he’s still in shock — and told Kamiyah how much he loved her and missed her.

“It’s a feeling that you can’t explain it, it’s hard to put it in words right now it’s hard to deal with this here right now,” he added. “We are just trying to process it, 18 years, it’s going to be hard to make that up.”

Kamiyah Mobley was only hours old when authorities say a woman posing as a health care worker took her from a Jacksonville, Florida, hospital in July 1998. According to local reports, Kamiyah was briefly given to the woman because her family believed the woman was a nurse, while hospital staff believed the woman was a relative.
    http://people.com/crime/kamiyah-mobl...hanara-mobley/

Here is the teen's facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/alexis.l.manigo

the girl left her facebook open. Some people just make me rage. People are actually taking up for the kidnapper. Here's what one person wrote.
    Telling her that she's blessed because the woman that stole her didn't hurt her is the equivalent of telling a slave that they're blessed because their slave master fed them or didn't beat them to the point of death! They should've never been enslaved in the first place! Just like Kamiyah should've never been stolen. Gloria is not to be praised like she did something good! This lady is crazy. She didn't steal Kamiyah and lie to her for her entire life because she was trying to save her or give her a better life. She had NO CLUE what kind of life she would've had. She didn't steal her because she loved her and cared about her well being. She was 8 HOURS OLD! She stole her because she was selfish and desperate. She stole her because she couldn't face the music after a miscarriage. There are MANY women out here that have suffered the loss of their babies. They don't go snatching other people's! I tell you what, put your address where YOUR BABY is located and let me arrange something. By next week, I want you to tell me how ok you are with that baby being taken away from you, to live and be raised as someone else's baby, as long as the kidnapper feeds and clothes them! That's how crazy y'all sound!
    An interview with the dad (who's not really her bio dad but has probably been paying child support on her since the divorce) Lots of pictures
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook
    Last edited by bermstalker; 01-16-2017 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Here is the teen's facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/alexis.l.manigo

the girl left her facebook open. Some people just make me rage. People are actually taking up for the kidnapper. Here's what one person wrote.

An interview with the dad (who's not really her bio dad but has probably been paying child support on her since the divorce) Lots of pictures
    Man, here is what she thinks of pops:

He Did Nothing , He Didn't Even Help With Nothing That Was Done for That Prom , He Was The Reason I Didn't Go To My Senior Prom , He Was Not There When I Moved To Georgia, Never Saw Him, He Like To Bring Up A 40 Dollar Check A Week ? Thats Nothing but 160 Dollars. My Bundles Cost 290. DO THE MATH ? WHO WAS THERE , GLORIA WILLIAMS , SO WHAT IS A CHARLES MANIGO .YOU WORK AT A CAR DEALERSHIP AND MY GRANDDADDY STILL GAVE MY FIRST CAR. I CALL MY GRANDDADDY DADDY AND HE EARNED IT. YOU WERE NOTHING TO ME MY WHOLE LIFE. I CAN COUNT ON MY FINGERS HOW MANY TIMES IVE SPENT THE NIGHT AT YOUR HOUSE. YOU TOLD PEOPLE IT WAS HER , NOOOOOOOOO I NEVER WANTED TO GO , MY MOTHER CONVINCED ME , NOW FB WHAT THAT TELL YOU. All He Did Was Lie My Whole Life Then Tell People Different Don't Share This Article With No Sympathy Cause Ill Be A Crazy Fool To Have It For Him . #IApproveThisMessage ��WASN'T EVEN 40 DOLLARS , 39 AND SOME CHANGE . #LaughAtThis
    Poor girl is having a real hard time with this. I feel so bad for her. She is going to love and defend this woman for the rest of her life.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I can imagine how strange all this is for her and hope she will go through some form of therapy.

I'm just going to say it- something doesn't feel right about this story. Don't know exactly what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I'm just going to say it- something doesn't feel right about this story. Don't know exactly what it is...
    I'm pretty sure you are not the only one that thinks this. Not sure exactly what all this is about but a popular blogger (fameolousent_)on IG posted this

I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Teen gave an interview.

Looks like she found out the truth 2 yrs ago.

Thread Information