Thread: Christopher Cole Thomas - missing since 25 November 2016

Christopher Cole Thomas - missing since 25 November 2016

https://www.facebook.com/cct1994

It?s been 46 days since Christopher Cole Thomas was reported missing in Benson, and town police and the State Bureau of Investigation have spent more than 1,500 man hours searching for him.

About 27 separate searches have been conducted so far. Law enforcement and volunteers have combed Benson and several other locations on foot, using trained dogs, and in the air using crafts piloted by the SBI and N.C. Highway Patrol.

The 22-year-old Florida man went missing after stopping his car while driving through Benson and running away, people who knew him told police.

At about 3 a.m. Nov. 25, Benson police received a report of a missing person. Two people said they had been traveling with Christopher Cole Thomas on Interstate 40 when he stopped in Benson while en route to Durham. Thomas got out of the car and ran away in a neighborhood at North Elm Street and East Morgan Street, his passengers said. They tried to find him but couldn?t.

Tips have come in from multiple counties and even other states. North Carolina agencies are working across borders to collect information.

The Thomas family, with the CUE Center for Missing Persons, was offering a $10,000 reward for information about Thomas? whereabouts.

?We and the assisting agencies are committed to finding Christopher Cole Thomas, and our investigation into his disappearance is still very much active,? said Benson Police Chief Kenneth Edwards. ?We will continue to conduct interviews, initiate searches and follow all leads until he is reunited with his family.?

Thomas, a white male, stands about 6?1? tall and weighs about 230 pounds. He has brown/blonde hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a red T-shirt, black pants and a black Carhartt jacket, police said.

Thomas was living in Live Oak, Fla., but working in Minnesota and was headed through North Carolina to spend Thanksgiving with a co-worker living in Durham, police said.

If you have any information that might be of assistance, call the Benson Police Department at 919-894-2091.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/loc...#storylink=cpy

"I have no earthly idea," Chris Thomas said Monday when asked why his son would have been in Benson. "He rode with two guys here to have Thanksgiving dinner." 3

Thomas said he last heard from his son on Nov. 24 in a text that said "Happy Thanksgiving. I love you."

"I’m going to find my son, and I want answers to wherever my son is. He supposedly vanished. If he vanished, where is he at?" he said. "I wake up every morning hoping I hear from him or hoping I have an answer, and I have not had anything."
    http://www.wral.com/florida-man-sear...nson/16394429/

Three people have been arrested in connection with the disappearance of Christopher Cole Thomas, 22, who was reported as a missing person in November 2016.

Last week, investigators from the Benson Police Department and the NC State Bureau of Investigation presented their findings to date on the Thomas investigation to a Johnston County Grand Jury, and multiple indictments were subsequently handed down.

On Monday, the Benson Police Department, the Wayne County Sheriff's Department, the Harnett County Sheriff's Department, and the NC State Bureau of Investigation conducted arrest operations in Wayne County and Harnett County, and took Julian Valles Jr., Rudolfo DeLeon Jr, and Anthony Ridell James Jr. into custody.

They were transported to the Johnston County Jail in Smithfield and ordered held on the following charges:

Julian Valles Jr., 34, of Dudley, NC
    3 counts Felony Obstruction of Justice
    1 count Felony Concealment of a Death
    $750,000 Secured Bond

Anthony Ridell James Jr., 26, of Mt. Olive, NC
    1 count Felony Obstruction of Justice
    $350,000 Secured Bond

Rudolfo DeLeon Jr., 27, of Mt. Olive, NC
    $1,000,000 Secured Bond

The Benson Police Department did not immediately indicate whether a body had been recovered.

http://abc11.com/news/three-arrested...homas/2227755/

Messed up you can't trust the ppl you're friends with.

So were the people he was with in the car 2 of those arrested?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Not found...just an update on those charged.

http://www.wral.com/cole-thomas/17288699/

A judge on Thursday drastically lowered the bonds for three suspects in the disappearance of Cole Thomas in Johnston County 14 months ago. Thomas, 22, was on his way from Minnesota to Florida for Thanksgiving when he was reported missing on Nov. 25, 2016. Friends said he pulled off Interstate 95, got out of the car near North Elm and East Morgan streets in Benson and disappeared.

The two men who were with Thomas later told investigators that, after they had purchased methamphetamine from an acquaintance, Thomas became paranoid and started driving erratically before he stopped the car and ran off.

Thomas is presumed dead ? Johnston County District Attorney Susan Doyle recently called it "a homicide case" ? but authorities have never found his body.

Last July, Julian Valles Jr. of Dudley, Anthony Ridell James Jr. of Mount Olive, Rudolfo DeLeon Jr. of Mount Olive and Jeremy Carpenter were charged with felony concealment of a death. Valles, James and Carpenter also face obstruction of justice charges.

Superior Court Judge Tom Lock said Valles, James and DeLeon have been in custody for about the same length of time as they would if they were convicted on the charges they face, so he lowered James' bond from $200,000 to $30,000, DeLeon's bond from $500,000 to $40,000 and Valles' bond from $750,000 to $50,000.

Lock also gave the three men the option of applying to a Wayne County pre-trial program that, if they were accepted, would put them under house arrest with GPS monitoring.

Carpenter, who was extradited from Minnesota, didn't have a bond hearing Thursday. He remains in the Johnston County jail under a $500,000 bond.

Doyle asked for the most restrictions on Valles, saying he hatched the plan to tell authorities that Thomas had simply run off after the drug deal.

"It might be a very different case and we might actually know where Cole's body is but for this defendant," she told Lock. "This defendant was the main one who started this ball in motion that has created a problem from Day 1 with the investigation."

Doyle also alleged that Valles called DeLeon and James to come to Benson after Thomas, Valles and Carpenter had bought methamphetamine from DeLeon in Wayne County because Thomas had thrown the drugs away. When all five met up in Benson, she said, "decisions were made" that led to Thomas' death.

Thomas' father, Chris Thomas, said he was disappointed but not surprised that three people suspected of killing his son could soon be out of jail.

"I know the investigation is still going on, and I'm hopeful that they'll get it figured out," Chris Thomas said after the court hearing. "When I have one of the co-defendants tell me all four of them had something to do with his death, I don't see the justice in this, but I think this is why our justice system is broken.

"My job is to keep pushing, and I will," he added. "As any good father would do, I'm going to search for my son, and I'm going to find answers one way or another.

Thread Information