Thread: Joanna Wright (33) missing from Chicago, IL since 12/18/16

Joanna Wright (33) missing from Chicago, IL since 12/18/16

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...410157225.html

Missing Chicago Woman Was Forced Into Vehicle in Mid-Day Attack, Family Says

Family and friends are desperate for answers after a woman disappeared last month near her home on Chicago's South Side.

Joanna Wright, 33, was last seen on Dec. 18 in the vicinity of the 6400 block of South Washtenaw in the city's Marquette Park neighborhood, according to an alert from Chicago police.

Her family said she was walking near her home that day around 1:45 p.m. when she was forced into a vehicle, screaming for help.

"I saw three guys jump out and grab her, she tried to fight them off as she was trying to get away," her sister Valencia Harrison said. "Another grabbed her and threw her in a car."

Chicago police say they are looking into the possibility that Wright was kidnapped, and the investigation is ongoing.

"We wouldn't wish this on anyone," Harrison said. "This is the worst thing ever. You wonder with time passing, 'What have they done - has she eaten, is she clean? How's her mindset? Is she staying strong, is she praying to come home?'"

Wright grew up in the Marquette Park neighborhood and is well-known and well-liked in the area, her family says.

She is a hairstylist and active in the LGBT community, and turned 33 just days before she disappeared. Now that the holidays have passed without any new leads, her family's fears that she was targeted have been heightened - but they remain hopeful that Wright will be found.

"God is the one to have the last say. No matter what they could be doing to her, if he's not ready for her to come home, he won't send for her," Wright's girlfriend Cierra Mobley said, adding, "I still have hope."

Family and friends plan to distribute flyers in the neighborhood on Wednesday at 4 p.m.

Wright is described as a black woman standing at 5'2" and weighing 100 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She has tattoos on both arms.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Chicago police at 312-747-8380, or call the anonymous tip line at 1-800-U-Tell-US (1-800-883-5587).
    NAMUS profile:https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/36576

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

They didnt find her - just an update. Two of Joanna's friends also went missing. One found dead and the other has not been found. The community believes the cases are linked.

http://abc7chicago.com/vigil-held-fo...park-/2793104/

Family and friends of a Chicago woman who went missing a year ago in the city's Marquette Park neighborhood gathered Sunday to raise awareness about her disappearance.

Joanna Wright was last seen on Dec. 18, 2016 in the 6400-block of South Washtenaw when her family said she was forced into a car, screaming for help.

"Not knowing anything. That's what hurts," said sister Valencia Harrison.

Last week was Wright's 34th birthday. On Sunday, a vigil was held by loved ones who are hopeful that she will be found.

"We all have that feeling that she's still here," said mom Alicia Roberts.

Joining them were family members of Marlo Gulley, a 26-year old friend of Wright who went missing in October.

"Someone knows something and I'm reaching out to whoever that may be that knows that something," said Gulley's mother Melody Palmer.

Shante Bohanon, 20, was the third person to turn up missing from the neighborhood.

Her body was found in July, stuffed into a garbage can in a garage on the Far South Side. All three people knew each other and community activists say these cases are linked.

"We know that something is happening over here that people keep disappearing over here," said community responder Dawn Valenti.
    Find Marlo FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/256076444917957/

Could this be gang related?

Quote Originally Posted by Roonie View Post
    Could this be gang related?
    I was thinking like its more sex trafficking related. I don't think the victims did anything wrong, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Ok I can see that...but why Marlo Gulley? Wonder if he was part of the LGBT community? I could see how gang members may not agree with such lifestyle and do something about it.

Thread Information