Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chicago torture video: Hate crime charges in attack live-streamed on Facebook

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I think this story just proves that any color can be racist.

BUT when you have black kids beating a white person- justice is swift. The suspects are arrested and get no bail. It makes the news. Even the president has to make a statement condemning it.

When a white person beats a black kid- we must wait until all the evidence comes out. They're given bail. If there is any news coverage of it, it's all skewed. If the president makes any statement about it, he's bashed for it.
    White criminal, black victim. Google it. It's real, and it's fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Yes, I do agree with you all. As much as I would like to think race is not a factor, I do acknowledge that justice is definitely swift when it is a crime committed by blacks on whites.

Either way, I wish these 4 pussies would've tried to kidnap and duct tape me. I've been looking for a reason for a haircut.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

I don't get how they didn't automatically charge them with a hate crime anyways.

They went on and on about white people, duck trump, etc.

I thought it was obvious. This kid was just easier for them to pick off because of his special needs.

For what it's worth--probably not much--I get a real "crime of convenience" vibe, the play fight between Tesfaye and the victim being the convenient aspect. Hell, they were friends, or at least they were considered friends until this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...208-story.html

Chicago woman who live-streamed video of the racially charged beating of a teen with mental disabilities pleaded guilty Friday to a hate crime and was sentenced to four years of probation.

Brittany Covington, 19, has been in custody since her arrest in January.
    Calling the incident ?horrific,? Cook County Circuit Judge William Hooks banned Covington from social media over the four years, prohibited her from contact with two of her co-defendants and ordered her to do 200 hours of community service.

Hooks told Covington he could have imposed a prison sentence but added, ?I?m not sure if I did that you?d be coming out any better.?

Hooks said he hoped the strict terms of probation would put Covington on a more productive life path, but he warned she would face prison time if she violated any of the restrictions.

?Do not mess this up,? Hooks told Covington, who stood quietly in a blue jail uniform with her hands clasped behind her back.

The 19-year-old also pleaded guilty to aggravated battery and intimidation charges. As part of a plea deal, prosecutors dropped additional charges, including kidnapping.

Three others were charged in the incident: alleged ringleader Jordan Hill, 19, as well as Tesfaye Cooper, 19, and Covington?s sister, Tanishia, 25. Their cases are still pending.

Thread Information