Thread: Anthony Griego, 28, killed in apparent road rage incident.

Anthony Griego, 28, killed in apparent road rage incident.

http://kdvr.com/2016/12/28/csp-marij...-deadly-crash/

I don't normally posts stories like this one, but this one hit close to home.

This accident happened on a road that I travel every single work day. Had it not been for light holiday traffic, I'm quite sure many drivers would have been queued up directly beneath the overpass this fellow flew off of, and one of them quite likely would have been me had I not took a ten minute detour for bagels that morning. I arrived at the intersection just ten minutes after the accident and the road was already blocked. I cannot even begin to imagine how horrifying it would have been to witness with those babies in the back seat of this truck. I've never been so thankful for being a slave to my cravings and taking that ten minute detour as I was that morning.

The man killed yesterday in the deadly crash on I-76 near York St. has been identified as 28-year-old Anthony Griego.

State troopers now say marijuana and speeding may have been factors in the deadly crash that also injured a woman and two young girls.

According to investigators, Griego was the driver of the black truck seen speeding down the highway around 7 a.m. Tuesday.

Witnesses say the truck was going nearly 100 mph and using the shoulder of the highway to weave in and out of traffic. Troopers say when Griego lost control, he blew through a guardrail, went airborne and flipped the truck nearly 20 feet down onto the road below.

Investigators say Griego was not wearing his seatbelt and was ejected and killed on scene.

Also in the truck according to family, Griego?s girlfriend, Carrie Anne Pickens. Family says she suffered a shattered pelvis and broke her spine in three places and remains in a coma fighting for her life.

The girls, 7-year-old Jazlynn has a punctured lung and 6-year-old Alexis has a fractured skull and broken collar bone. Both girls are expected to survive.

Family has set up a fundraising page to help the family with expenses.

The crash is still under investigation.
    https://www.facebook.com/carrie.pickens.12

https://www.youcaring.com/carriepickens-724819

https://www.facebook.com/anthony.griego.142

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    What a horrible tragedy - I feel so badly for the mom and her children.

So was there road rage or was he high and then went out of control?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    He was driving just like the guy that ended up part of the Colorado Street sign on the 5FWY out here. Riding the shoulder at high speed and weaving in and out of traffic. Why the fuck was he doing this with his Girlfriend and Kids in the car! I'm so happy that the kids will live. What an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Based on all of the eyewitness reports I have read, he was speeding like a mofo and driving aggressively so he was the "road rage". I'm not sure what set him off -- there has not been a report about that -- but at one point he cut across all lanes of traffic from one side to another and they swore he was gonna rear-end people in front of him. He then tried to cut past a semi on the shoulder, clipped the truck or the median, and flew over it and down about 20 feet below via an embankment. The truck landed on it's tail and then flipped onto its head.

The mom is not doing well, which is horribly sad. I'm so glad those babies are okay. I cannot even imagine how terrified they must have been while he was weaving and speeding all over the place. That highway is an utter mess even on a light day like that day was.

And THANK GOD it was a day after the holiday. The cars moving up York, where he landed, are normally twenty cars deep moving up to the on ramp to Highway 36. But because many people were taking extended time off, he didn't land square on top of someone when he came crashing down.

Just a nightmare all around. The highway was closed all day.

My prayers are with her and her kids. I can't say that I feel too sorry for this guy, though.

Good riddance. I don't feel sorry for people who drive like idiots and get themselves killed. I hope mom and babies pull through!

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Fuck that dude. You drive like an asshole with your woman and babies in the car? You are a goddamn tool, and she's one too for not making you get the fuck out and walk it off.

Good. He's fucking dead. Now maybe mom can find someone who isn't a fucking asshole, because from what I just read, this guy clearly is.

Driving is the most dangerous thing we do every day. Again, we see why. Cocksucking douchetools like Anthony. Driving around like the tiny dicked little maggot that he was deep down inside (or, perhaps he showed that to everyone). Either way, he got what he asked for. I'm just glad the kids are okay.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Those poor babies had to be terrified. What a fucking asshole to drive like that with his family in the car and all the innocent people on the road. I hope the mom survives and I'm glad Peace you had to have those bagels.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Based on all of the eyewitness reports I have read, he was speeding like a mofo and driving aggressively so he was the "road rage". I'm not sure what set him off -- there has not been a report about that -- but at one point he cut across all lanes of traffic from one side to another and they swore he was gonna rear-end people in front of him. He then tried to cut past a semi on the shoulder, clipped the truck or the median, and flew over it and down about 20 feet below via an embankment. The truck landed on it's tail and then flipped onto its head.

The mom is not doing well, which is horribly sad. I'm so glad those babies are okay. I cannot even imagine how terrified they must have been while he was weaving and speeding all over the place. That highway is an utter mess even on a light day like that day was.

And THANK GOD it was a day after the holiday. The cars moving up York, where he landed, are normally twenty cars deep moving up to the on ramp to Highway 36. But because many people were taking extended time off, he didn't land square on top of someone when he came crashing down.

Just a nightmare all around. The highway was closed all day.

My prayers are with her and her kids. I can't say that I feel too sorry for this guy, though.
    It is just horrible. Thank goodness you and others were not in this idiot's path. I hope the mom and the precious children are going to be okay.

http://kdvr.com/2016/12/28/csp-marij...-deadly-crash/

I don't normally posts stories like this one, but this one hit close to home.

This accident happened on a road that I travel every single work day. Had it not been for light holiday traffic, I'm quite sure many drivers would have been queued up directly beneath the overpass this fellow flew off of, and one of them quite likely would have been me had I not took a ten minute detour for bagels that morning. I arrived at the intersection just ten minutes after the accident and the road was already blocked. I cannot even begin to imagine how horrifying it would have been to witness with those babies in the back seat of this truck. I've never been so thankful for being a slave to my cravings and taking that ten minute detour as I was that morning.

https://www.facebook.com/carrie.pickens.12

https://www.facebook.com/anthony.griego.142
    I'm just speculating, but I wonder if it was similar to the event that happened when I was with my BIL and SIL once.

I was riding to the hospital with them and my BIL was driving like an idiot. My SIL yelled at him to stop driving like an idiot.......and boom. We were off.
    They started screaming at each other, my SIL slapped him and he punch the gas pedal and intentionally started driving like a maniac. It was like both of them saw red and couldn't snap out of it. They didn't care. If I had to guess I bet the speed was way up there too. This is why I don't like to ride with people anymore.

So it may be possible it was road rage- not road rage at another car driver, but at a person in the car with him.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    My wife and I get into it in the car sometimes too, but I don't dare act like a little cuck when that shit happens. That's some complete (and dangerous) douchebaggery you described berm.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    My wife and I get into it in the car sometimes too, but I don't dare act like a little cuck when that shit happens. That's some complete (and dangerous) douchebaggery you described berm.
    This. If ANYONE is in the car with me, I feel like I triple make sure I'm being safe? But with kids too? Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Per the Youcaring, the girls are now home with their "mommy", which leads me to believe that Carrie - the young lady in the car - is not their mom. He was their dad, apparently. So, good news. The babies are okay. Carrie is still hospitalized.

That YouCaring isn't doing too well. Seems no one wants to donate money to his family. I assume because he brought this all on himself and took three innocents with him, so to speak.

Tragic.

Sorry for the double post, but I just realized I have mutual friends with this guy on Facebook. Weird.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Sorry for the double post, but I just realized I have mutual friends with this guy on Facebook. Weird.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Looks like Carrie has her own YouNow, now.

https://www.gofundme.com/long-road-t...ery-for-carrie

Per the Youcaring, the girls are now home with their "mommy", which leads me to believe that Carrie - the young lady in the car - is not their mom. He was their dad, apparently. So, good news. The babies are okay. Carrie is still hospitalized.

That YouCaring isn't doing too well. Seems no one wants to donate money to his family. I assume because he brought this all on himself and took three innocents with him, so to speak.

Tragic.
    Did you read the comments at the bottom of this one?

Can't say I blame people questioning the two seperate accounts.
    Sounds like Carrie wasn't the mom, but only his girlfriend. Mom wants money for the girl's medical bills. The girls are on Medicaid.
    It's the sister wanting money for Anthony but another person pointed out- they were not even friends on facebook.

Here's the mom of the girls
    https://www.facebook.com/debbie.sanchez.319

It actually sounds like this wasn't a road rage sitatuion and more of "I'm going to be an asshole and pass this big truck by using the shoulder"
    I just have to point out- seatbelts!!!!!! Why the fuck don't people use them?
    http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/27/i-76-fatal-crash/
    Last edited by bermstalker; 01-05-2017 at 03:14 AM.

According to his obituary, he had 2 more children besides the ones he tried to kill.... So now 4 kids are fatherless because he had to act a fool and put everyone around him in danger. Glad everyone else is going to be ok (eventually).

I keep tabs on this story and every time I see a post about how it was a horrific "accident" I want to scream. This asshole brought this all on himself and shattered many lives in the process. Accident, my ass.

Thread Information