Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MDS in german newspapers

MDS in german newspapers

Although most of you won't be able to read it, here are two links to very poplular, prestigious german newspapers which mentioned MDS:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/kultur/artikel/94/110983/

http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article148539/MySpacer_erschiesst_MySpacerin.html

i guess MDS made it ...
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

Re: MDS in german newspapers

Translate it!&nbsp;

Does that mean we should learn some german for when our friends from duetchland show up?

&quot;Andere untersuchen die Toten genauer. Einer denkt sich passend zu den Ursachen des Ablebens zu bestimmten Fällen &quot;letzte Worte&quot; im Jargon der jungen Internet-Nutzer aus, zum Beispiel: &quot;LOL KATLYN, TOO BROKE TO BUY POT&quot;. LOL ist die Abkürzung für &quot;lough out loud&quot;. Jene Phrase lässt sich in etwa &quot;Lach voll ab, bin zu kaputt zum Hasch holen&quot; übersetzen. Es soll der Witz zum Tod eines jungen Mannes sein, der an einer Überdosis Medikamenten-Cocktail verreckte.&quot;

[size=20pt]NIIIIICE!!![/size]

[quote author=Rebirth of Josh link=topic=7033.msg335222#msg335222 date=1178204030]
    &quot;Andere untersuchen die Toten genauer. Einer denkt sich passend zu den Ursachen des Ablebens zu bestimmten Fällen &quot;letzte Worte&quot; im Jargon der jungen Internet-Nutzer aus, zum Beispiel: &quot;LOL KATLYN, TOO BROKE TO BUY POT&quot;. LOL ist die Abkürzung für &quot;lough out loud&quot;. Jene Phrase lässt sich in etwa &quot;Lach voll ab, bin zu kaputt zum Hasch holen&quot; übersetzen. Es soll der Witz zum Tod eines jungen Mannes sein, der an einer Überdosis Medikamenten-Cocktail verreckte.&quot;

[size=20pt]NIIIIICE!!![/size]
    [/quote]

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=7033.msg335030#msg335030 date=1178199172]
    Does that mean we should learn some german for when our friends from duetchland show up?
    [/quote]

Well I think you should for any die fraüleinen that visit&nbsp;

I've really been wanting to learn German for awhile now.&nbsp; Who's with me?&nbsp; Can you buy 'German for dummies' in stores?

[quote author=Rebirth of Josh link=topic=7033.msg335259#msg335259 date=1178205020]
    I've really been wanting to learn German for awhile now.&nbsp; Who's with me?&nbsp; Can you buy 'German for dummies' in stores?
    [/quote]http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=8257555&amp;src1=voltage &amp;extid=df00029

In the meantime, Babelfish does a decent enough job on them

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

They seem like pretty good articles. Very fair, and descriptive rather than emotional/outraged.

[quote author=azrael link=topic=7033.msg335274#msg335274 date=1178205304]
    In the meantime, Babelfish does a decent enough job on them

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

They seem like pretty good articles. Very fair, and descriptive rather than emotional/outraged.
    [/quote]

Hey, thanks.

Second article in english:

MySpacer shoots MySpacerin
    Many people, those in the largest friendship net of the Internets spirit, do not live no more. Such dramas announce disputed user.

&quot;however. You love me still, and we will leave, write it thereby &quot;** to Reka **, alias Sherika (21), at Nathan. The young woman from Lafayette in the US Federal State Louis IANA separated from her friend of the same age. It writes it its opinion over MySpace, the world largest friendship network in the InterNet.There is the last words, which address Sherika there publicly to Nathan. Later, on 25 August, the college student shoots well three weeks his ex in a purchase passage of their city. Nathan, which calls itself in the Web Lil Nate, small Natanchen, strikes off.Policemen place it in the proximity of the scene on a parking lot in the car. When they approach, it pulls its pistol. One of the officials shoots faster. Nathan dies briefly after its former friend.&quot;impact a death forwards&quot;The brutal end of the two young US Americans reveals an InterNet project, which is violently discussed meanwhile: MyDeathSpace.com. Their operator and reader look for in the USA for on-line reports over deaths. Then they research on MySpace, whose slogan &quot;a place for friends&quot; reads, after the personal Websites of the dead ones. The result of the search can be registered into a form and sent over the InterNet: &quot;impact forwards&quot; the function is called a death.After one year collecting work increased the dead list to some hundred names. Success is explainable. In the United States the account is with MySpace the visiting card of the recent generation. Just as naturally as the mobile phone number dozens exchange millions US user MySpace addresses.Thus it held for Sherika, which carries the dead number 456 now on MyDeathSpace.com. Nathan becomes as murderers NR. 27 led. Both names are the most current entries in the Nekrolog, beside it the age, which registers dying date and the reported causes of death. Accidents are most frequent, in addition, cases of overdose heroin, cancer death in recent years and suicide occur. A young soldier, whom a bomb in the Iraq tore up, belongs to the dead ones from April 2006.&quot;we will miss you&quot;But alone most different kinds of death of these humans are not brought to a public in all world close. The pain is openly put. That the words make by members, in-copied by friends and acquaintance clearly, who struggled into their MySpace comments for the correct sentences, the poems or for RAP Songs quoted or also only &quot;R.I.P.&quot; (remainder in Peace) registered.&quot;I do not try to think about the fact hope that I wake up from my Albtraum, but two days are past, and I did not wake up yet. I white that aunt Mary Ann watches out there above for you, we all dear you and you will miss... In love, your large cousin jazz &quot;, writes this on Sherikas space on 27 August.Also that unsolicited guest can read in Sherikas Web log, in which the young woman reports of her separation. It experiences that it carried a Tattoo over the lendenwirbel, ate a Bauchnabel Piercing had and gladly noodles. She liked RAP.Their music runs in a continuous loop when calling the side. Their entries witness from humans, who did not suspect anything from its early, death by force. ** Reka ** had not even been able it to erase all traces of their ex and later murderer from the profile. In it is registered on the question about the current Lover of far &quot;Nathan&quot;.Last words as jokeIn view of such intimate data the Macher of MyDeathSpace.com of their users demands: &quot;remains respectful.&quot; They want to know themselves as world-wide MySpace Gedenkdatei understood. Some Totensucher holds itself and leaves in the pertinent forum more or less thoughtful remarks.Others examine the dead ones more exactly. One invents suitably the causes of dying certain cases &quot;last words&quot; in the jargon of the young InterNet users, for example: &quot;LOL KATLYN, TOO BROKE TON OF BUY POT&quot;. LOL is out the abbreviation for &quot;lough loud&quot;. That cliche leaves itself in approximately &quot;laughs fully off, is too broken to the Hasch gets&quot; to translate. It should be the joke for the death of a young man, who strained medicine medikamenten-Cocktail at an overdose.For member such fun is not amusing. An MyDeathSpace administrator communicates that on demands by families death messages were taken again of the Website.Buttons with dead headsIn addition other one disturbs the business manners. A Comic Totenschaedel, the Macher sells its flapsiges Logo, as multicolored Anstecker to 50 cent the piece. A &quot;Action against MyDeathSpace&quot; criticized that its offerers want to make and for indicator customers look for money. The opponents want to therefore let the disputed Obituarium switch off dearest.By the linking profited by MyDeathSpace with 700 announced forum guests however also with everyone click to MySpace, although both on-line offers do not have to do anything with one another. Through additional of side calls can obtain the commercial network more incomes from advertising. Likewise new applications lie in the interest of the portal of Medientycoon Robert Murdoch, which registers already more than 100 million registered users.The young murder victim Sherika has more since the past weekend MySpace contacts than usual. Announced users left more than 50 condolence comments. On Sunday after its death strange to say also ** Reka is ** even again on-line. Still someone must know their user name and its password.

i am trying to teach myself german
    i have a bunch of books and stupid flashcards lol
    we use it to talk to kids on xbox live in call of duty 3 lol

[quote author=paranoia agent link=topic=7033.msg335427#msg335427 date=1178209689]
    i am trying to teach myself german
    i have a bunch of books and stupid flashcards lol
    we use it to talk to kids on xbox live in call of duty 3 lol
    [/quote]

That seems like a damn good reason to learn it!&nbsp; Good luck.....if you ever want to practice it, I am fluent so I could help

[quote author=curious_kitten link=topic=7033.msg335500#msg335500 date=1178211293]
    That seems like a damn good reason to learn it!&nbsp; Good luck.....if you ever want to practice it, I am fluent so I could help
    [/quote]

cool i will keep it in mind
    but i am also learning so i can go to germany eventually

Uh oh.&nbsp; THE GERMANS ARE COMING!!&nbsp; THE GERMANS ARE COMING!!

&nbsp;

[quote author=paranoia agent link=topic=7033.msg335504#msg335504 date=1178211451]
    cool i will keep it in mind
    but i am also learning so i can go to germany eventually
    [/quote]

I lived there as an exchange student for a year in high school....I am going back this summer.&nbsp; It is my favorite place in the world!

i am dying to go, i am just going to live there, probably Bavaria, Munich area or something, my family comes from Bavaria

i live in munich&nbsp; 8-)

munich is such a wonderful city. we got the OKTOBERFEST (bavarian beer festival). so come on! it's great. friends from california visited me last year during soccer world championship here. they had a great time and enjoyed it. so i guess i can recommend it to americans&nbsp; :-)

but i also like america. its just very very different.

oh, and if you want to talk german, i'll listen. meanwhile you can tell me whether i make some serious language mistakes. i love english, but i wish i could be perfect in it =/ and i'm quite far away from it.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

[quote author=red01angel link=topic=7033.msg335514#msg335514 date=1178211913]
    Uh oh.&nbsp; THE GERMANS ARE COMING!!&nbsp; THE GERMANS ARE COMING!!

&nbsp;

[/quote]

don't be afraid. i'm also half polish&nbsp; :2grin:

[quote author=idiomatic_german link=topic=7033.msg336216#msg336216 date=1178227545]
    [/quote]

I'd love to visit Germany, but I'm sure I'd just be a stupid American.&nbsp; I would definitely love to learn German though.

[quote author=idiomatic_german link=topic=7033.msg336216#msg336216 date=1178227545]
    [/quote]

I'm 1/4 Polish.

I sausage

As for wanting to be perfect in English...have you seen/heard how some NATIVE speakers butcher the poor language?&nbsp; It makes me want to punch babies.
    Yours is fabulous - srsly.&nbsp;
    I've always found that people who learn English as a second or third language generally speak/write it more correctly than we natives do.

Go figure.

[quote author=red01angel link=topic=7033.msg336227#msg336227 date=1178228075]
    I'm 1/4 Polish.

I sausage

[/quote]

Oooooh Riiiiight!!&nbsp; Giggity!

hahaha

i know those stupid americans you're talking about. their great. i met them in germany, france, italy...

1. their loud as hell
    2. they are like 'heyyaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaats up with this 'MONAAAAAAA LISAAAAAAAAAA' its soooooooo smaaaaaall'
    3. or if they met you (no kidding, it's true), they ask 'do u have cars in germany? mercedes or something?'
    4. if they in a restaurant they order pizza, frechn fries or pasta
    5. they are dressed inappropriate (shorts in a church ....)
    6. they are often fat
    7. they often got a sunburn

:2grin: well if you can't identify with more than one - you don't have to be afraid to visit germany. or other countries&nbsp;

hehe, i know these are all cliches, but they are sometimes sooo true.

[quote author=Rebirth of Josh link=topic=7033.msg336229#msg336229 date=1178228202]
    Oooooh Riiiiight!!&nbsp; Giggity!
    [/quote]

[quote author=red01angel link=topic=7033.msg336227#msg336227 date=1178228075]
    I'm 1/4 Polish.

I sausage

As for wanting to be perfect in English...have you seen/heard how some NATIVE speakers butcher the poor language?&nbsp; It makes me want to punch babies.
    Yours is fabulous - srsly.&nbsp;
    I've always found that people who learn English as a second or third language generally speak/write it more correctly than we natives do.

Go figure.
    [/quote]

may i marry you?

i'll fly to poland this month. with my b/f. i want to show him my second home. we were in paris last year. i'm curious if he will like it there too.

oh: i always wondered about the karma thing here, what is it?

[quote author=idiomatic_german link=topic=7033.msg336232#msg336232 date=1178228313]
    hahaha

i know those stupid americans you're talking about. their great. i met them in germany, france, italy...

1. their loud as hell
    2. they are like 'heyyaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaats up with this 'MONAAAAAAA LISAAAAAAAAAA' its soooooooo smaaaaaall'
    3. or if they met you (no kidding, it's true), they ask 'do u have cars in germany? mercedes or something?'
    4. if they in a restaurant they order pizza, frechn fries or pasta
    5. they are dressed inappropriate (shorts in a church ....)
    6. they are often fat
    7. they often got a sunburn

:2grin: well if you can't identify with more than one - you don't have to be afraid to visit germany. or other countries&nbsp;

hehe, i know these are all cliches, but they are sometimes sooo true.
    [/quote]

Man, I was scared there for a minute.&nbsp; Ok, I guess I don't fall into that category, as none of those suggests me.&nbsp; Well, I take that back:&nbsp; I do often get sunburn.&nbsp; That's the Irish in me.

Thread Information