Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NSFW - Philippines war on drugs - 6000 lives taken in five months

NSFW - Philippines war on drugs - 6000 lives taken in five months

Sorry I didn't put this in the NSFW section but guests can't view it there and I want to post it on the MDS FB page

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte's war on drugs has sent the death toll to 5,927 in five months and has said the way to stop the slaughter is to stop taking drugs.

The radical leader insists he is not a killer, despite the country's streets being littered with dead bodies due to his crackdown on illicit drugs.

President Duterte said he is not about to pull the plug on his operation, but would happily allow citizens to enjoy Christmas and New Year in peace if people stopped taking drugs.

He told the Phil Star: 'They say there have been a lot of killings, executions and extrajudicial killings. You want these to end?

'It's simple. You drug users should stop.

'Stop it and there will be a peaceful New Year and Christmas.'

His national police released figures on Monday stating there had been 5,927 deaths linked to the war on drugs in the Philippines since July 1, according to CNN.

Part of President Duterte's manifesto was to crack down on illegal drugs and he was elected to office in May.

In July, 60,000 Filipino drug addicts surrendered themselves to the government after the President urged citizens to 'go ahead and kill' drug dealers and users.

But the death toll has continued to rise, with 2,086 killed in police operations and 3,841 in extra-judicial or vigilante-style killings.

More than 40,000 suspects have been arrested, but President Duterte has made it clear he would pardon police if they were charged with human rights violations for carrying out his merciless orders.

Duterte has repeatedly denied that police are carrying out extra-judicial killings, which involve victims' faced being taped up, but in September said he would be 'happy to slaughter' three million drug addicts.

Many are thought to have been gunned down by vigilante groups, who are paid in cash for each confirmed kill, with many leaving cards labelled pushers next to bodies to prove the hit.

These groups are a key part in Duterte's pledge to kill 100,000 drug users and dealers and fill Manila Bay with their bodies.

Duterte, 71, won elections in a landslide on a pledge to kill tens of thousands of criminals to fight narco-politics in the Philippines.

Since he took office the crackdown has claimed thousands of lives, but told Phil Star: 'I won't hold back and abandon my job. Somebody has to be sacrificed for it. That's OK with me. It's part of the territory to be disliked.

'I do not offer any excuses or apologies. I will answer God when I face him.'

Some have accused him of crimes against humanity, human rights abuses and mass executions, but Duterte maintains his campaign will transform the country.

'I cannot explain every death in this country,' he added.

But if you tell me to hold back, I cannot because I cannot afford it.

'I cannot now stop the momentum with the four million drug addicts spread all throughout the country.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4SlPnKb27

Last edited by Olivia; 12-13-2016 at 02:49 PM.

So this guy is saying it's okay to kill drug dealers and users? How does he know if someone is definately a user or not?

Is this like some weird type of purge thing?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Coming soon to a neighborhood near you...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/03/wo...ald-trump.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Exactly. So more or less i could kill you throw a gram of coke or even less in your pocket and walk away clear. Nothing to worry about and you are now a dirty drug user who deserved it.
    This isnt a war on drugs, its sanctioned mass murder.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Coming soon to a neighborhood near you...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/03/wo...ald-trump.html
    Isn't Trump precious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

well the philippines is just like gotham city. Crime is rampant and nobody gives a crap. it is brutal but this change is necessary as the old way wasn't working

it is not only about drugs.

Well the police are killing anyone with any relation to drugs and any crime. In regards to knowing who to kill, the local DEA get Intel from their informants, possibly undercover agents. There are some murders being framed as drug kills but the count is low, most of the killings are coming from police operations.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Mr. Duterte has led a campaign against drug abuse in which he has encouraged the police and others to kill people they suspect of using or selling drugs. Since he took office in June, more than 2,000 people have been killed by the police in what officers describe as drug raids, and the police say several hundred more have been killed by vigilantes.

So yeah, this is pretty much as you said, KJ, sanctioned, mass murder.

Disgusting.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejvauf View Post
    well the philippines is just like gotham city. Crime is rampant and nobody gives a crap. it is brutal but this change is necessary as the old way wasn't working
    Necessary? Nice trolling.

Poor people. He admits to being a former addict himself. What the fuck rodrigo? Kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Sickening and scary at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Poor people. He admits to being a former addict himself. What the fuck rodrigo? Kill yourself.
    I suspect he still uses, so he should probs be taken out just in case.

But really, wtf.

And lol at the troll, the article says more than half were not police operations. At least do it well FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Guess who's decided that this would be a great way of dealing with our Opioid Crisis? Does he plan on executing Big Pharm?

► Drug dealer death penalty: At an opioid summit at the White House, Trump suggests publicly that the United States should follow the example of regimes that execute drug dealers.*"Some countries have a very, very tough penalty —*the ultimate penalty," he said. "And, by the way, they have much less of a problem."

(From USA Today)

For fuck's sake

Damn, this is brutal. I do not think (I'm hopeful tonight) that it will come to this in America but could see it being seriously considered for Mexico's rising crime rates due to drug-related deaths.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

http://www.interaksyon.com/bulacan-d...re-found-dead/

Well apparently there been allegations that the death squad has killed other people besides drug pushers.

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2018/...or-arrest.html

http://internationalviewpoint.org/spip.php?article5444

More update on this.

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2018/...ace-talks.html

https://www.rappler.com/nation/20088...tary-encounter

If you are wondering why Davao Death squad exists its because Philippines has issues with militant groups like the NPA.

The Drug war is basically a side issue to this NPA issue.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repu..._Against_Drugs

The Davao Death Squad is similar to the RAAD in Ireland

Davao Death Squad is the Filipino version of the Irish Republican Army.

https://www.streetinsider.com/Reuter.../14318611.html

Update

MANILA (Reuters) - Outspoken Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said on Monday the families of people killed in his controversial war on drugs will not receive "justice", rejecting calls from rights groups seeking redress for the thousands of deaths.

More than 4,200 suspected drug dealers have been killed by police in Duterte's anti-narcotics campaign since June 2016, as well as several thousand more by unknown gunmen who authorities have described as vigilantes, or rival gang members.

Rights groups and critics of the campaign say some of the killings were summary executions.

Police deny the allegations, saying they had to use deadly force because the suspects were armed and had resisted arrest. They also deny activist allegations that they have falsified reports, staged crime scenes and systematically murdered small-time peddlers and users.

"If you think that you can get justice simply because you lost somebody who's a bullshit into drugs, I'm sorry to tell you I will not allow it," Duterte said in a speech on Monday.

He also reiterated that he would not allow the police and the military to go to jail for killing drug users and pushers.

"If you are shot and I know you are a drug lord, I will run over you five times," said Duterte, who won the presidency in May 2016 on a platform of fighting corruption, crime and drugs.

Duterte has stopped police anti-drugs operations twice due to questions over the conduct of the force, including the killing of a teenager in a supposed anti-drug operation in 2017.

The 73-year old leader's popularity had not diminished, according to opinion polls, despite drawing international criticism for his bloody war on drugs and human rights record.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/philipp...-capital-asia/

Now Two mayors in the Philippines are being killed over the Drug war in the Philippines.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/20643...li-killing-pnp

The Victim named in this murder is Mayor Halili. But right now conspiracies over the mayors death is at play here.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-0...-event/9933800

Apparently deceased mayor was accused of using vigilante justice against drug dealers and cartels but there's allegations that Mayor Halili was a drug addict or drug smuggler.

Thread Information