Thread: Ex NFL player Joe McKnight (28) shot and killed by Ronald Gasser (54) in road rage incident; Gasser not charged

Ex NFL player Joe McKnight (28) shot and killed by Ronald Gasser (54) in road rage incident; Gasser not charged

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...A8H?li=BBnb7Kz

A road rage incident possibly sparked by a driver cutting off another on a nearby bridge spiraled into a shooting that left an ex-NFL player dead, authorities said, amid criticism the shooter was allowed to go free.

Joe McKnight, 28, was shot Thursday afternoon in Terrytown, across the Mississippi River from New Orleans. Authorities identified Ronald Gasser, 54, who stayed at the scene, as the shooter and released him overnight.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-27-2022 at 06:14 AM.

I was watching the news and a snippet of this came on. I was pissed this guy was released and not charged with anything.

Absolutely fucked up.

It was self defense

I highly doubt it was self defense.

This guys has a history with road rage and acting out.

This was a white guy that shot a black man and for no real reason.

Self defense my ass.

Goonie is a racist Trump-Nazi. It doesn't matter if McKnight was serving food to the homeless in a church and Gasser just walked in and blew him away. Gasser is white and McKnight is black, so to Goonie Gasser is a hero and McKnight deserved it. Goonie is what is wrong with America.

I kinda figured judging by other comments they've made.

What a shit human.

Trump is going to turn around this country, not sure what this has to do with someone sitting in their car defending themselves from a road rager.

Also keep dropping political replies in all your posts, you Liberals killed this website.

Quote Originally Posted by gooniemon View Post
    Trump is going to turn around this country, not sure what this has to do with someone sitting in their car defending themselves from a road rager.

Also keep dropping political replies in all your posts, you Liberals killed this website.
    Will do, Trump Nazi! And if by "turn this county around" you mean kill it with his ignorance of economic policies and diplomacy and his obsession with himself and thin skinned panty pissing, crybaby demeanor, then yes, he will.

On topic, I am glad they are looking into why the charges were "dropped" the first time. I am guessing some buddy of his made them disappear. I hope they can get the original charges re-instated too since they seemed surprised that the charges hadn't proceeded. It's obvious they weren't dropped because they should have been. Hopefully they will nail this loose canon this time.

meh, the guy was famous, he has a better chance of justice than normal.
    the sheriff is right, sometimes the wheels have to turn a bit slower and it appears one of the causes slowing down the process was inconsistent witness statements.
    just hope the guy gets a few years in the pokey but McKnight was dumb for leaving his car to go confront the guy.

Critics have pointed to the fact that Gasser is white and Hayes is black, suggesting different treatment from law enforcement because of their race, something Normand has rejected.
    Sounds legit to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I think the biggest difference in the two cases is the "heat of passion" thing. In Smith's murder, the argument had already cooled down, then the gunman unloaded on Smith, striking him once in the side and seven times in the back. Smith wasn't even facing the shooter when shot. That's how I understand it, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Yes, Will Smith was walking back to his car to "get his gun"; McKnight presumably was just outide the window of the car

Heat of passion???? You have got to be kidding me.

I get the heat of passion thing with a husband walking in on his wife cheating thing, because he has a relationship with that person.

This douchebag did not. He was just angry, and it's bullshit that when you get mad at a stranger and shoot them, they don't consider that murder.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Heat of passion???? You have got to be kidding me.

I get the heat of passion thing with a husband walking in on his wife cheating thing, because he has a relationship with that person.

This douchebag did not. He was just angry, and it's bullshit that when you get mad at a stranger and shoot them, they don't consider that murder.
    This.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I'm sure justice will be served, and this man will pay harshly for his crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Gasser looks creepy as fuck.

This is utterly bs. For a Sheriff to carry himself in such manner saying things like"tough, I don't care" really shows his passion for his community. I mean come on clearly McKnight put the gun back in his car before going back to lie on the ground shot up. 😒 This guy Gasser looks like the type to do something and then say he was standing his ground . Sadly this reminds me of my cousins fiance Wathson who was stabbed in the head after road rage incident and the man wasn't even charged at all, but the woman fires a warning shot at her abusive husband and is in prison 😒 . I'm so over all of these stories.

Ronald Gasser Jr. was charged with second degree murder by a Louisiana grand jury for killing McKnight at the intersection of Behrman Highway and Holmes Boulevard in Terrytown, Louisiana, on December 1.
    The pair had been arguing when Gasser shot the athlete and father-of-one from inside his car.
    The charge is an upgrade from the single count of manslaughter he was previously facing and comes after outcry from the local community.
    It is the result of 'additional evidence' obtained by the Jefferson Parish District Attorney and police, authorities said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4XcKPwI4Q
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Man accused of killing Rider?s Joe McKnight pleads not guilty to second-degree murder

http://globalnews.ca/news/3230349/ma...mpaign_id=A100

The Louisiana man accused of second-degree murder in the shooting death of Saskatchewan Roughrider running back Joe McKnight has pleaded not guilty.

Ronald Gasser, 55, made his first appearance at a Jefferson Parish, La courthouse Monday morning. His defence attorney, Gerard Archer, says Gasser acted in self-defense.

Archer says that McKnight was driving behind Gasser and there had been a verbal confrontation.

He says McKnight was ?two or three car lengths? behind Gasser, McKnight then switched lanes, went around Gasser, parked illegally on the shoulder of the road.

The Jefferson Parish District Attorney?s Office announced Gasser?s second-degree murder charge on February 2.

Gasser was originally arrested and charged with manslaughter days after McKnight was shot and killed on Dec. 1. He was initially taken into custody and released on the day of the shooting, prompting backlash.

If Gasser is convicted he faces a life-sentence at hard labour without the benefit of parole. He?s being held on a $750,000 bond.

McKnight, 28, was shot and killed in an apparent road rage incident in Terrytown, La. Terrytown is a suburb of New Orleans.

Gasser?s next court appearance is February 16.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

If Gasser is convicted he faces a life-sentence at hard labour without the benefit of parole.
    Sounds like a North Korea type of punishment at first glance, but in the US, hard labor doesn't seem too terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Sounds like a North Korea type of punishment at first glance, but in the US, hard labor doesn't seem too terrible.

In Louisiana- Angola. Usually means some hard farm work. No days off. They work for their own food.

But if not Angola- it usually just means you were sentenced to the dept of corrections instead of a parish jail.

In this case, I'm sure it means Angola.

Sort of off topic, but has anyone seen WAGS: LA? One of the chicks on there, her ex and father of her son is Joe. She briefly mentions him being killed. So awful for the little boy :(

Edited to fix: It's LA not Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

BREAKING: Jury in Louisiana finds Ronald Gasser guilty of manslaughter in 2016 shooting death of ex-NFL running back Joe McKnight.
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...s-found-Guilty
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I'm shocked.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...id=mailsignout

Joe McKnight's killer sentenced to 30 years in prison
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-27-2022 at 06:14 AM.

Thread Information