Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Oakland 'Ghost Ship' Fire - 36 confirmed deaths

Yeah, I noticed that everyone is like, durrr, we didn't know about this, nope. Too much bullshit going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I wonder why the owner wasn't charged?

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I wonder why the owner wasn't charged?
    Money money money money. Owner lives in China and they wouldn't extradite for this kind of thing anyway. Plus the bay is trying to send a message...to poor people.

The two men deemed responsible for California's deadly Ghost Ship warehouse fire, which killed 36 people, are going to prison.

Derick Almena, 48, and Max Harris, 28, each pleaded no contest to 36 charges of involuntary manslaughter on Tuesday.

Almena, the warehouse's master tenant, will be sentenced to nine years in county prison and three years of mandatory supervised released.

Harris, the Ghost Ship's creative director who promoted the deadly concert, will be sentenced to six years in prison and four years of mandatory supervision.

It was revealed last week that the two reached a plea deal that would allow them to avoid a high-profile jury trial.

Both men, who were arrested in June 2017, will get credit for the year they have already spent in jail.

Had Almena and Harris gone to trial and been found guilty of all 36 counts — one per victim — they could have faced sentences adding up to 39 years each in prison.

Almena and Harris will be formally sentenced during a two-day hearing in August, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

The hearing will also be an opportunity for family of the victims, which ranged in age from 17 to 61, to address the men.

Supporters of Almena and Harris will also be allowed to speak.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ouse-fire.html

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I can't believe the landlord is getting off Scott Free. That's SO wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

OAKLAND, Calif. ?
    A jury has acquitted one man of involuntary manslaughter but couldn't reach a verdict for the leader of an artists' commune accused of turning a California warehouse into a cluttered maze that trapped 36 partygoers during a fast-moving fire.

Jurors on Thursday found Max Harris not guilty but said they could not unanimously agree on whether to convict or acquit Derick Almena of involuntary manslaughter. They have deliberated since Aug. 26.

The December 2016 fire broke out during an electronic music party at the so-called Ghost Ship warehouse in Oakland, killing 36 people.

Prosecutors allege the men were criminally negligent when they illegally converted the building into a residence for artists and held unpermitted events.

The defendants said government workers failed to raise concerns about fire hazards in the warehouse.
    https://www.kcra.com/article/verdict...ed-36/28930950

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Dammit, RBW you beat me to it! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm still royally pissed that the Landlord isn't being held accountable for ANY of this at all. It's ultimately their property and are supposed to be responsible for keeping it livable. It doesn't have to be a palace, but the basics and safety should have been on them to keep in place. Chinese rental owners are becoming more and more prominent throughout the US and they're allowed to live in China where they can't be touched while not keeping up on repairs etc. Just collect the money. It's criminal.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information