Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Oakland 'Ghost Ship' Fire - 36 confirmed deaths

Yeah, I noticed that everyone is like, durrr, we didn't know about this, nope. Too much bullshit going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I wonder why the owner wasn't charged?

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I wonder why the owner wasn't charged?
    Money money money money. Owner lives in China and they wouldn't extradite for this kind of thing anyway. Plus the bay is trying to send a message...to poor people.

The two men deemed responsible for California's deadly Ghost Ship warehouse fire, which killed 36 people, are going to prison.

Derick Almena, 48, and Max Harris, 28, each pleaded no contest to 36 charges of involuntary manslaughter on Tuesday.

Almena, the warehouse's master tenant, will be sentenced to nine years in county prison and three years of mandatory supervised released.

Harris, the Ghost Ship's creative director who promoted the deadly concert, will be sentenced to six years in prison and four years of mandatory supervision.

It was revealed last week that the two reached a plea deal that would allow them to avoid a high-profile jury trial.

Both men, who were arrested in June 2017, will get credit for the year they have already spent in jail.

Had Almena and Harris gone to trial and been found guilty of all 36 counts — one per victim — they could have faced sentences adding up to 39 years each in prison.

Almena and Harris will be formally sentenced during a two-day hearing in August, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

The hearing will also be an opportunity for family of the victims, which ranged in age from 17 to 61, to address the men.

Supporters of Almena and Harris will also be allowed to speak.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ouse-fire.html

I can't believe the landlord is getting off Scott Free. That's SO wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/05/us/gh...ict/index.html

Prosecutors alleged the warehouse's leaseholder, Derick Almena, and Max Harris, who helped collect rent and acted as creative director for the art collective housed at the 10,000-square-foot facility, were responsible for the deaths resulting from the blaze.

Almena and Harris face up to 39 years in prison if the nine-woman, three-man jury finds them guilty on all counts. Their trial began in May and deliberations began last month.

It was one of the deadliest nightclub fires in US history and the deadliest American nightclub fire since The Station in West Warwick, Rhode Island, erupted in flames in 2003.
    Update:
    A jury has found Max Harris not guilty of involuntary manslaughter charges in the 2016 fire at Oakland's Ghost Ship warehouse, according to CNN affiliate KGO. The jury failed to reach a verdict for Derick Almena and a mistrial was declared.

OAKLAND, Calif. ?
    A jury has acquitted one man of involuntary manslaughter but couldn't reach a verdict for the leader of an artists' commune accused of turning a California warehouse into a cluttered maze that trapped 36 partygoers during a fast-moving fire.

Jurors on Thursday found Max Harris not guilty but said they could not unanimously agree on whether to convict or acquit Derick Almena of involuntary manslaughter. They have deliberated since Aug. 26.

The December 2016 fire broke out during an electronic music party at the so-called Ghost Ship warehouse in Oakland, killing 36 people.

Prosecutors allege the men were criminally negligent when they illegally converted the building into a residence for artists and held unpermitted events.

The defendants said government workers failed to raise concerns about fire hazards in the warehouse.
    https://www.kcra.com/article/verdict...ed-36/28930950

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Dammit, RBW you beat me to it! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Dammit, RBW you beat me to it! LOL
    Sometimes us old folks still have game!

I'm still royally pissed that the Landlord isn't being held accountable for ANY of this at all. It's ultimately their property and are supposed to be responsible for keeping it livable. It doesn't have to be a palace, but the basics and safety should have been on them to keep in place. Chinese rental owners are becoming more and more prominent throughout the US and they're allowed to live in China where they can't be touched while not keeping up on repairs etc. Just collect the money. It's criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Thread Information