Thread: Jennifer Laber (36) and her two young sons were found dead in their minivan

Jennifer Laber (36) and her two young sons were found dead in their minivan

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016..._their_minivan

Has to be a murder-suicide surely? Only missing for one day, parked in a remote spot etc. Lone Tree Police confirm that the bodies of Jennifer Laber, 36, and her two children -- Adam Laber, 3, and Ethan Laber, 5 – were found in a van parked in an isolated loading bay at a now-shuttered Sports Authority.

Last edited by Olivia; 11-30-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Yep, why else would she leave early with them? It would be terrible luck to be picking them up early for another reason, then all of you end up gone.

Always the 'mummys of the year' or 'supermums' or 'my life is my kids' types hey. Bugger off overcompensating online and actually be a good parent? FFS.

Matthew **
    murder suicide
    Like ? Reply ? 8 hrs
    Dallin **
    Is there an article with that info?
    Like ? Reply ? 8 hrs
    Liz ***
    Did you read update to post?
    Like ? Reply ? 8 hrs
    Matthew **
    it's be in reported on 850 KOA
    Like ? Reply ? 8 hrs
    Margaret 88*
    So very sad!
    Like ? Reply ? 7 hrs
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Gawd...why can't they just kill themselves???

This is a surveillance picture of her picking the precious little boys up.

IMG_0091.jpg

I missed in the first article that the all had gunshot wounds. I thought first maybe she gassed them all. URGH

Found their obituaries

Jennifer Marie Laber, age 38, of Highlands Ranch, passed away on November 29, 2016 with her sons, Ethan and Adam.

Jennifer is survived by her husband, Ryan; father, Rick; mother, Linda; brothers, Rich and Ansel; father-in-law, Larry; mother-in-law, Carla; brother-in-law, Josh and his wife, Natashya; nieces and nephews, Trey, Megan, Gabriella, Anthony, Adrianna, Lance, and Madeline; and numerous friends.

Jennifer was a great mother and wife who loved her children very much. She will be missed.

A memorial service will be held Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 11:00 A.M. at St. Philip Lutheran Church, 7531 South Kendall Boulevard, Littleton.

Donations are requested to The Laber Family Memorial Fund at https://bridgewaychurch.breezechms.com/give/online

Please share memories of Jennifer and condolences with her family by signing the guestbook below.

Ethan, age 5, of Highlands Ranch, passed away on November 29, 2016 with his mother, Jennifer, and brother, Adam.

He is survived by his father, Ryan; grandparents, Rick, Linda, Larry, and Carla; uncles, Rich, Ansel, and Josh; aunt, Natashya; cousins, Trey, Megan, Gabriella, Anthony, Andrianna, Lance, Madeline, and numerous friends.

Ethan was a lover of dinosaurs and finding treasures in the backyard.

Ethan loved his brother, Adam, very much. He will be greatly missed.

A memorial service will be held Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 11:00 A.M. at St. Philip Lutheran Church, 7531 South Kendall Boulevard, Littleton.

Donations are requested to The Laber Family Memorial Fund at: https://bridgewaychurch.breezechms.com/give/online

Please share memories of Ethan and condolences with his family by signing the guestbook below.

Adam, age 3, of Highlands Ranch, passed away on November 29, 2016 with his mother, Jennifer, and brother, Ethan.

He is survived by his father, Ryan; grandparents, Rick, Linda, Larry, and Carla; uncles, Rich, Ansel, and Josh; aunt, Natashya; cousins, Trey, Megan, Gabriella, Anthony, Andrianna, Lance, Madeline, and numerous friends.

Adam loved to cuddle and brought joy to all.

Adam loved his brother, Ethan, very much. He will be greatly missed.

Donations are requested to the Laber Family Memorial Fund at https://bridgewaychurch.breezechms.com/give/online

Please share memories of Adam and condolences with his family by signing the guestbook below.

Why would the family put "Jennifer was a great wife and mother who loved her children" in the obituary? For some reason this really bugs me. Why not say "Jennifer was a piece of shit who killed her beautiful kids"!

Quote Originally Posted by dtfpaf798 View Post
    Why would the family put "Jennifer was a great wife and mother who loved her children" in the obituary? For some reason this really bugs me. Why not say "Jennifer was a piece of shit who killed her beautiful kids"!
    I agree...they should have left that out completely. :/

This might be why they included it
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...th-depression-

Is it just me or does it seem like everybody is offing their family before they commit suicide?

I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for mom at all. She killed her two innocent little babies.

This is local to me and I'm just gutted over it.

I keep looking at the snap from the school cam. She knows, right then, that she's taking those babies off to kill them.

I just can't even wrap my head around it.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

There's been a lot of ink spilled over the past few years that people in this situation think their family is better off dead than living with the other parent, grandparents, etc with the knowledge that their parent committed suicide. So in their twisted mind they're doing the humane thing by killing the kids and then themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post

I keep looking at the snap from the school cam. She knows, right then, that she's taking those babies off to kill them.

THIS.
    Sometimes Silver Linings are Blue http://carisaadrienne.com Everyone has a body but not every body has a soul.

Is it just me or does it seem like everybody is offing their family before they commit suicide?

I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for mom at all. She killed her two innocent little babies.

I feel for the grieving father, but I can't get behind the comments where he is blaming this on depression. These days we are acting like depression is a sickness and making the sufferers blameless like they have no control. It's bullshit.

I can agree that depression is something to suffer from and it can alter your viewpoint, but it's not the source of what makes you murder other people. When I was in my twenties I guess you could say I was depressed and even planned my suicide out. I never got to that point obviously and things turned around and I found my answers, but never during that period was I thinking if I was going to take any of my family out with me. I know if I had kids there is no way in hell that'd be a consideration.

What I think of this mom is that she is a coward and a self centered individual. A lot of cowards and selfish assholes are great parents, friends, and families, because it benefits them and they enjoy the company of those around them when they are around to benefit from it. BUT, put a selfish, self centered person in the right situation, and they will show what is at their core.

This lady was drowning in her life, and she grabbed onto her two babies as she sank/drowned out of whatever selfish desires she had of not wanting to die alone. At her core she was a selfish, horrible person and it was all about her. Depression doesn't cause that type of response, it just backs a person into a corner and brings out their true nature.

She's just like this scumbag: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ng-gun-on-self Awesome parent when they are around and can benefit from it, but at the core, it's all about them.

Right, it's crazy. They should just kill themselves and leave the babies alone.

Quote Originally Posted by synapse81 View Post
    I feel for the grieving father, but I can't get behind the comments where he is blaming this on depression. These days we are acting like depression is a sickness and making the sufferers blameless like they have no control. It's bullshit.

I can agree that depression is something to suffer from and it can alter your viewpoint, but it's not the source of what makes you murder other people. When I was in my twenties I guess you could say I was depressed and even planned my suicide out. I never got to that point obviously and things turned around and I found my answers, but never during that period was I thinking if I was going to take any of my family out with me. I know if I had kids there is no way in hell that'd be a consideration.

What I think of this mom is that she is a coward and a self centered individual. A lot of cowards and selfish assholes are great parents, friends, and families, because it benefits them and they enjoy the company of those around them when they are around to benefit from it. BUT, put a selfish, self centered person in the right situation, and they will show what is at their core.

This lady was drowning in her life, and she grabbed onto her two babies as she sank/drowned out of whatever selfish desires she had of not wanting to die alone. At her core she was a selfish, horrible person and it was all about her. Depression doesn't cause that type of response, it just backs a person into a corner and brings out their true nature.

She's just like this scumbag: http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ng-gun-on-self Awesome parent when they are around and can benefit from it, but at the core, it's all about them.
    Have to agree with you. Simply blaming mental illness is a cop out. The vast majority of people with mental illness do not do evil shit such as this. If we're to think people are slaves to the machinations of the mind, we might as well go and give psychopaths a cuddle and say, "Poor you, you can't help yourself."
    No mask like open truth to cover lies, as to go naked is the best disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post

I don't get it. I've made no secret of my suffering here, but never to the full extent of it. If I were to ever go through with my thoughts and feelings, my children (or anyone else for that matter) would NOT be apart of it. I just can't even fathom how a mother can think taking her child/ren along will stop her pain. I'd rather my kids go on with their lives knowing that it'll be better with me gone. (yes, I know what I said in that sentence, no I don't want attention.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post

I don't get it. I've made no secret of my suffering here, but never to the full extent of it. If I were to ever go through with my thoughts and feelings, my children (or anyone else for that matter) would NOT be apart of it. I just can't even fathom how a mother can think taking her child/ren along will stop her pain. I'd rather my kids go on with their lives knowing that it'll be better with me gone. (yes, I know what I said in that sentence, no I don't want attention.)
    I totally understand what you are saying. I would think that parents who love their children would not kill them. I often think most of these people who kill their kids do it to hurt the other parent.

http://kdvr.com/2016/12/23/death-of-...rs-in-systems/

Update. She dosed the boys up on pain killers prior to shooting them.

I hate to hear this but I hope these kids never knew what happened and they simply went to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dtfpaf798 View Post
    I hate to hear this but I hope these kids never knew what happened and they simply went to sleep.
    Me, too.

I must have the most difficult boys ever. When they're sick it's a two-hour ordeal to take their medicine.

This lady, sick as she may be was also evil. They trusted her and did what she said. I don't understand why not leave them with her husband who she claimed was wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...enver7-tonight

Highlands Ranch man, Ryan Laber, opens up after loss of his wife and 2 boys to murder-suicide
    This was heartbreaking to watch. To be able to see past the horrific act and understand it was mental illness that took his family, well he's a better person than I am.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information