Thread: Dead Body Discovered During House Hunting

Dead Body Discovered During House Hunting

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,269573,00.html

JANESVILLE, Wis. —  This real estate agent will likely do a house check before letting her prospective customers tour on their own from now on — after a couple happened upon a homeowner in bed — dead.

Linda Chabucos-Galow, a real estate agent with Shorewest, stood in the dining room while Justin and Colleen McKeen walked through a house Monday night.

Before long, she heard Colleen scream as the couple stood at the doorway.

"I thought, 'What's wrong?' Maybe it was a dead mouse or something," Chabucos-Galow said.

But then she peered into the bedroom and saw the body of Linda L. O'Leary, 55, the owner of the home. She had been dead for about two weeks, officials say.

"It looked like a Halloween prop," Chabucos-Galow said.

The uncovered body was wearing dark shorts. Chabucos-Galow said her legs were wrapped in material that appeared similar to cheesecloth or support hose

What's cheesecloth?

Re: Dead Body Discovered During House Hunting

It's like a light and gauzy material that is used to strain things.

What I don't understand is how the agent got the listing?  :?

It sounds like it had been on the market for a while and wasn't a hot seller....maybe because when agents took their clients through the front door, the clients were immediately like, 'what's that smell?'  and left.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,269573,00.html

I think the end of the story is the best part:

"If we spent five minutes in there, I'd be stretching it," Chabucos-Galow said.

She said she then told the couple: "'We need to leave. This is not right. We need to get out of here."'

Gale Kent, the Coldwell Banker First United Realty agent who listed the house, said the property was for sale "for a while," but wouldn't say how many times it had been shown in recent weeks.

"I don't want to say anything because I haven't talked to the police yet," Kent said.

Rock County Coroner Jenifer Keach said she pronounced O'Leary dead at 11 p.m. Monday.

Police Capt. Dan Davis said an overnight log listed the incident as a sudden death, which indicates to him there was no foul play.

But he would not comment further on whether the death was suspicious. An autopsy had not been scheduled, he said.

Chabucos-Galow said she set up the showing without knowing the homeowner's identity.

After entering the home, she noticed a faint odor but thought it was from the mess in the house or the countertop full of dishes. She saw unopened mail.

"I've smelled death. I know what death smells like," she said. "I can't believe my sinuses were that bad."

For some reason that just sounds really dumb. Yep, if your sinuses are that bad, that you can't smell a two week old body... see the surgeon!

I wonder why she had cheesecloth wrapped around her legs? That's weird... I can't really think of an occasion when you would need to do that.

I wonder if the cheesecloth was some home remedy for something.....diabetic or something and open sores on her legs/feet and she was treating herself with magic salve and wrapping them in cheesecloth?

I also have smelled death...there ain't no sinus infection bad enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

They did say it was also similar to support hose - maybe she had sore legs.  I think that's often a sign of a blood clot which could have killed her?

My mum has really bad veins in her legs and has to wear those really sexy support hose all the time  :lol:

Thread Information