Thread: Aaron Flynn - missing after running out of petrol since 11 November 2016

Aaron Flynn - missing after running out of petrol since 11 November 2016

Temperatures in the area he was last seen have been hitting around 40c/105f lately

https://www.facebook.com/aaron.flynn2?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/julia.varanelli.3 - his sister has been posting a lot about him

THE family of a Sunshine Coast father of one who vanished without a trace have been desperately combing central Queensland looking for him after police called off the official search.

Aaron Flynn, 29, of Caloundra was last heard from on Friday, November 11, when he sent his two-year-old daughter a text goodnight as he made his way to Charters Towers for a family funeral.

He was spotted the next day walking along the road from Rubyvale with a jerry can in his hand.

But despite an extensive police, SES and community search, he?s not been seen.

Police called off the search, saying expert advice was Mr Flynn could not have survived that long in the bush with little water and temperatures topping 40C.

But Mr Flynn?s sister Renee Napthali and other family members hired a helicopter to continue the search. Today they were searching between Charters Towers, Capell, Rubyvale and further east, and drove from town to town putting up missing posters and appealing for information to find the missing dad.

Inspector Dave Peff today appealed for anyone with information to come forward, and said officers were continuing an ?electronic? search for Mr Flynn including bank accounts and other movements, though the search-and-rescue mission had ended.

He said police hoped Mr Flynn had been picked up by someone as he walked along the road away from his car, a Volvo, found on November 18.

?The reason we stopped that search was based on survivability,? Insp Peff said.

?A person leaving that position on foot, given the heat and the amount of water, it?s believed from expert advice it wasn?t survivable.?

He said Mr Flynn was last seen walking along the road beyond Rubyvale carrying a jerry can on November 12.

Mrs Napthali said the family had been upset when the official search was called off, but a day scouring the arid country from the air had failed to find even a trace of her brother.

She said they were clinging to hope her brother, who had lived in the area in the past, had been picked up along the road and was not in the bush.

?We are confident he is not out there ? it?s such a vast land,? Mrs Napthali said.

?We?ve got to hope someone?s picked him up and given him a lift.?

Mrs Napthali said the family had hired a helicopter and checked all along the roads and waterholes yesterday.

?We got down low, went around all the waterholes and checked all those for footprints,? she said.

?We?ve done really detailed searches.

?There?s just no traces.?

Mrs Napthali said her brother had recently separated from his partner but ?there?s no way he would leave his little girl?.

Anyone with information can phone Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or online, or contact the family through Facebook.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...1b9013d64111aa

Gives you an idea of the terrain

Still no sign of Aaron. The family hired an Aboriginal tracker to help in the search for him. Hope they find him soon.

The Fb listed above for Julia Varanelli is actually his ex/mother of his child.

Sis is Ren?e: https://m.facebook.com/renee.jess?fref=nf&pn_ref=story

The heartbroken sister of missing Caloundra man Aaron Flynn has abandoned her personal search for him, admitting there is nothing more she can do but hope for the best.

Renee Napthali has been involved in the search for her 29-year-old brother since he disappeared while driving to a family funeral in Charters Towers more than two weeks ago.

She spent the past weekend working with an Aboriginal tracker in the rugged bushland area around Rubyvale, where Aaron's car was found, but says no new leads were discovered.

"We keep running into dead ends everywhere," she said.

"It's like he just disappeared from that point near his car. The tracker believes he may have been picked up by someone."

Mr Flynn disappeared after his car ran out of petrol on the 1300km drive from Caloundra to Charters Towers.

He left home on the morning of Friday, November 11, but ran out of fuel near Rubyvale, where his abandoned car was found a week later.

It appears he slept in the car overnight before setting out to walk the 7km back to the village.

A passing motorist who was the last person to see Aaron said he was walking beside the road with a red jerry can and blue and white esky shortly before 6am.

Ms Napthali said she would fly home tonight and leave the investigation in the hands of police.

"We have to head home to get on with our lives," she said.

"Our kids need us and Aaron's daughter needs us.

"We've done everything we can so we'll just leave it to the police now and hope they find something in the weeks ahead.

"We need to know what happened to Aaron but all we can do for now is go home, try and get on with things and hope for the best."

Ms Napthali said she would wait a while before considering the last resort of bringing in a dog that is trained to find human remains.

http://www.chinchillanews.com.au/new...g-bro/3116794/

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    ...he was walking beside the road with a red jerry can and blue and white esky shortly before 6am.
    I think the jerry can is a gas can...so what is an esky?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    According to google it's a cooler.

I Googled it after I posted...thanks, RBW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I had to look it up, it appears to be a cooler. Australian people and their words are funny and adorable

oops, appears to have been answered. Migraine and feeling like puking is making me slow on reading and understanding things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    I had to look it up, it appears to be a cooler. Australian people and their words are funny and adorable

oops, appears to have been answered. Migraine and feeling like puking is making me slow on reading and understanding things.
    I didn't mean my comment to come out like a dick, BS. I re-read it and it kind of seems that way.

I asked my husband first, because sometimes Brits and Australians use the same slang words, but he was like "I have no clue", so I just googled it.

Hope you get to feeling better soon Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post

Ugh ~ hope you feel better, Words.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I didn't mean my comment to come out like a dick, BS. I re-read it and it kind of seems that way.

I asked my husband first, because sometimes Brits and Australians use the same slang words, but he was like "I have no clue", so I just googled it.

Hope you get to feeling better soon Words!
    Gosh no, you didn't sound that way to me at all. I have had much worse thrown at me.

Eskey = Eskimo = igloo ice cooler?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Thread Information