Thread: Ebby Steppach's (18) remains were found almost three years after she went missing

Ebby Steppach's (18) remains were found almost three years after she went missing

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2018...e_went_missing

https://www.facebook.com/groups/527410417434961/ - her missing person FB group

It's been five months since a Little Rock teen disappeared.

Since October 24, no one has seen or heard from 18-year-old Central High student Ebby Steppach.

Thursday, March marks her 19th birthday. Ahead of a candlelight vigil that night, THV11?s Laura Monteverdi sat down with her mother, who refuses to label her daughter as a runaway.

Laurie Jernigan says she doesn't know exactly what happened to her daughter, but the search has opened her eyes to a world she never even knew about: sex trafficking.

And now she fears that her daughter may be a victim.

?Someone has her. Someone has her and is not letting her come home,? said Jernigan.

It's a thought Laurie Jernigan refuses to let cross her mind; that her 18-year-old daughter simply ran away.

?When we found her makeup case in the car, that's when I knew she didn't leave on her own.?

Since Ebby disappeared last year, Jernigan has returned to work. But her fight to find her daughter is never far from her mind.

?This whole incident with Ebby has uncovered some really dark and evil things that go on in this world.?

Jernigan believes her daughter could possibly be a victim of human trafficking.

For months, she's been working closely with local law enforcement, the FBI and a non ?profit, Halos Investigations, which searches for missing, trafficked and kidnapped teens.

?I look every day in places that are your worst nightmare to see if your daughter's there.?

?Up until a few years ago it wasn't a buzz word as it is today. It's a word people associate with prostitutes, runaways and other things like that,? said Sgt. Allen Hamby with the Little Rock vice Unit.

Sgt. Hamby says his detectives handle reports of human and sex trafficking every single day.

?We?re going to try everything we can to help them find her and locate her and see if she wants to be found. We don't know that.?

While the details to her daughter's disappearance remain unclear, one thing Jernigan is certain of is that awareness is key.

She's hoping a community wide candlelight vigil Thursday night to mark Ebby's 19th birthday will help bring her home.

?I want it to be so big, with so many lights so she will see how much she is loved,? said Jernigan.

Other items recovered from Ebby's vehicle, including her contacts and cell phone, have led Jernigan to believe her daughter was taken against her will.

The vigil will begin at 7 p.m. at Little Rock Christian Academy's campus. Candles will be provided.

http://www.thv11.com/news/local/ark-...king/110518631

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...pach_ebby.html
    Last edited by Olivia; 05-23-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Little Rock police say they plan to search the area around a local park Tuesday for a teenager who has been missing for more than a year.

Detectives from LRPD's Major Crimes Division, along with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, will search the Chalamont Park area Tuesday morning starting at 9 a.m. for Ebby Steppach.

Steppach, 18, went missing on October 24, 2015. As KATV previously reported, Steppach’s brother was the last person who spoke with her on the phone. At the time, her brother told police she sounded disoriented and lost.

The last clue the Little Rock Police Department released to KATV was just a week after she went missing; her car had been spotted on surveillance footage traveling on Cantrell Road in west Little Rock, but when they found the car she was gone.

Police tell Channel 7 News there is no new information they can release at this point and will answer media questions just prior to the beginning of Tuesday's search.

A $15,000 reward has been offered for any information that leads to finding Ebby Steppach.

http://katv.com/news/local/police-to...-ebby-steppach

It's so sad to read all these missing teens information. It seems all these parents all think their missing kids were sold in the sex trafficking.
    I know it happens, but it's also more likely they just ran away or they're dead. It's like sex trafficking gives them some type of hope. (I get why they feel that way tho)

New investigators were just assigned to this case a few months ago. The new investigators are the ones that have decided to search the park area due to new information.
    Even tho they say there is no evidence of a homicide.....I think they believe she is dead.
    http://www.thv11.com/news/local/3-da...ance/358323282

This is what somebody posted on the find facebook group
    I found it odd BILL O'REILLY did a special on this tonight. The state, birthday, and veteran status is different. Just thought it might mean something???
    And what people said in the comments
    What was this about? My eyes are too puny to read that DL over there.
    Like ? 2 ? 7 hrs

Tina XXXXX Earlier today a person using this picture as his profile posted a photoshopped picture with EBBY in a hijab.
    Like ? 7 hrs
    And the two pictures posted

That looks like a shitty photoshop to me. Like they cropped out the face and just stuck it on there.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...pach_ebby.html

Wish I could copy and paste but hadn't seen the part about that she had said she was raped by 4 guys and one recorded it. I think she was most likely murdered. I wonder if the police were able to find out guys she would of been around, brothers friends?

https://flipagram.com/ebbyjane

Also found this interesting

https://c1.flipagramcdn.com/1d661ed8...9695-large.jpg

looks like a boyfriend its the 13th pic down on the page, shows different pics and video of them together. I wonder if he was questioned at all.

Sorry for the multiple posts,. every time I go to leave I find something interesting. Last of the night

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedM..._since_102015/

one more, found her insta: last pic posted right when she went missing: https://www.instagram.com/_ebitha_/ _ebitha_I know what you did.

Quote Originally Posted by SalVal View Post
    one more, found her insta: last pic posted right when she went missing: https://www.instagram.com/_ebitha_/ _ebitha_I know what you did.
    Ty for all the info! I suck at finding things so I always appreciate when someone posts this stuff. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    Ty for all the info! I suck at finding things so I always appreciate when someone posts this stuff. :)
    Yw! I really enjoy "researching", glad someone appreciated me posting. There's so much more I am finding, but the police are keeping a lot of it quiet as far as bfs and the guys that raped her at the party.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Today's kids got no morality. If I had seen some shit like that, even as a (really small) teen, I'd have been like "yo, 911? Yeah, this girl has been assaulted sexually and they taped it. The address is 141 Comegetthesemotherfuckers Avenue in Hazleton. They're still here.

I hope they find her, but I seriously fear the worst.

And I hope they identify the tiny dicked little maggots who did this shit too. They need to be punished far beyond the extent allowed by law. There is no excuse for knowing something yet doing nothing.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Wow.

Though no identification has been made, human remains found in the West Little Rock park where Ebby Steppach's car was located in 2015 could belong to the missing teenager.

Several news outlets are reporting that the remains were found in an underground drain pipe at Chalamont Park, south of Joe T. Robinson School on the western edge of the Chenal neighborhood. KARK-TV said the remains were found about 10 a.m. today, and a public works crew has dug up more of the pipe searching for evidence.

Steppach's family was notified.

Steppach was 18 when she was reported missing on Oct. 24, 2015. Her Volkswagen Passat was found days later in the park, and the park has been searched several times since her disappearance. Reports do not explain why Little Rock detectives returned to the park today; LRPD spokesman Steve Moore was quoted in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette as saying only that cold case investigators decided to look at the pipe. The Democrat-Gazette wrote a two-part story on the missing teenager in 2017.

https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlo...ebby-steppachs

The remains are confirmed to be her

Ebby Jane

The family of Ebby Jane Steppach would like to share the latest update with those of you on this page as well as other media outlets. On Tuesday, May 22nd, investigators with the Little Rock Police Department informed the family that human remains had been found at Chalamont Park, which is where Ebby’s car was found on October 30, 2015.

As of today, May 23rd, investigators conclusively identified the remains as Ebby’s and notified the family of those results.

The family would like to thank all of you who have supported efforts to find Ebby. It has been through your support, many prayers and God’s strength that they have been able to make this journey. God hears and answers all prayers. Yesterday, God answered the family’s prayers to find Ebby.

They are thankful for the life they got to share with her and ask for continued support and prayers as they work through this difficult time. Please only post comments that remain positive and have a focus toward healing.

The family is grateful to Little Rock Cold Case Detective, Tommy Hudson and members of the Cold Case Unit, as well as Captain Russell King and Chief Wayne Bewley, special agents and analysts with the Little Rock Field Office of the FBI for the time, effort and contributions dedicated to Ebby’s case. They also ask for prayers of gratitude, strength and guidance for this group of individuals as they continue to work on this case.

In addition, the family would like to thank H.A.L.O. Investigations as well as special local private investigators, Monty Vickers and Tom James.

Ebby’s story over the past 30+ months has touched many lives. Many have seen the beauty in her eyes that revealed a deep passion and care for others. So, it is only fitting that the search to find Ebby has sparked open conversations and brought a heightened awareness to missing children and young adults, the existence of sex trafficking, along with the need for improved policies and processes within the law enforcement community in these areas. Her story has touched many in ways that she could not have ever imagined.

A Celebration of Ebby’s Life will be held at Christ Community Church, at Warrior Hall on the campus of Little Rock Christian Academy, Saturday, May 26th at 2 pm. and will be officiated by Pastor Tim Lundy and Music Pastor, Ron Marrow. The family asks that you join them in this celebration of Ebby’s Life.

May God Bless You All!

Thread Information