Thread: Australian Josh Goudswaard (32) missing after going on holiday to Bali with a person he met on Tinder

Australian Josh Goudswaard (32) missing after going on holiday to Bali with a person he met on Tinder

A Cottesloe man on a holiday in Bali with a woman he met on dating app Tinder has gone missing.

Nine News Perth reporter Renae Henry said immigration officials confirmed Josh Goudswaard, 32, never boarded his flight from Denpasar back to Perth on November 6th and hasn't been seen for a week.

Friends said Mr Goudswaard had met a women called "Anita" on the popular dating app about a month ago.

Her last name is not known but friends assume she was also from the Cottesloe area.

Within days of meeting they booked a four-day getaway to Bali but Mr Goudswaard extended the trip and never got on his planned flight home.

Now his phone has been disconnected.

WA police have revealed his last bank transactions had links to the United Kingdom.

Family and friends of Mr Goudswaard, who runs a fitness business in a mall in Armadale, were concerned.

Aaron Smith, a close friend, said it was out of character for Mr Goudswaard it to just disappear of the grid. He said his family was struggling with the disappearance.

"I hope there is no foul play at foot."

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/co...13-gsol3q.html

I am confused about how his phone is already disconnected? Do they mean turned off? Because I doubt a phone company would disconnect is so quickly.

This is just all too weird

Police are believed to be searching for a New Zealand-born Perth businessman who was reported missing this week on the Indonesian Island of Bali, but is now reported by a friend to have left the country up to two weeks ago.

Online appeals for help from concerned friends of Josh Goudswaard, who say he was due to return to Perth on Sunday November 6 from an impulsive Bali holiday with a woman he is said to have met through online dating service Tinder, prompted Australian and New Zealand expatriates in Bali to launch a missing person?s campaign this week.

Conveners of a Bali Expat Facebook page lodged a missing person?s report with Bali police on Monday and began circulating images of the 32-year-old around tourist precincts, as well as checking hospitals and morgues, after local immigration authorities appeared to confirm Mr Goudswaard had not yet left the island.

His last known contact was with an employee to whom he had sent a text message on November 6 to say he was due to catch a flight back to Perth that night.

His mobile phone has reportedly since been disconnected and his bank account not touched since November 5, when a small transaction was made with a business in the English town of Stoke-on-Trent.

But Aaron Smith, the Perth-based friend who first sounded the alarm on the Bali Facebook page, said yesterday he had since received confirmation from New Zealand police that Goudswaard had in fact left Indonesia on November 1.

In a new Facebook post uploaded yesterday afternoon headed, ?Not in Indonesia?, Mr Smith wrote; ?Just received conformation (sic) from the NZPD who is leading the case that his Exit Card was overlooked by Indo Authorities and he did in fact Exit Indonesia on the 1st November.

?DFAT & MFAT are working very hard to confirm his movements from there right now. Extremely Bizarre Twist Indeed. On behalf of his Family & Friends, A huge THANK YOU!! to everyone in Bali for caring & assistance. Some very Kind Souls Indeed. Bless you?re Harts (sic) for Beating.?

A worker at a backpacker hostel in the beachside suburb of Cottesloe yesterday told The Australian that Mr Goudswaard had been staying there for ?about three weeks? before he flew to Bali.

?I met him he seemed a really spontaneous guy,? said the worker, who gave only his first name Huey.

New Zealand police would not confirm that yesterday, saying only that NZ authorities were acting as a liaison point over Mr Goudswaard?s disappearance.

A few hours before Mr Smith?s latest post, Mr Goudswaard?s mother Linda told The Australian by phone from Te Awamutu on New Zealand?s north island that she knew nothing of her son?s disappearance.

?I let the police deal with it,? Ms Goudswaard said, adding she had not spoken to her son recently. ?Everything comes to me second hand.?

But she added it would be out of character for her son to disappear on a whim.

Friends have not said why Mr Goudswaard had apparently been living in a Cottesloe backpackers? accommodation in the lead up to his departure for Bali.

Friends say he ran a small retail business selling gym equipment in the southern Perth suburb of Armadale, though there were conflicting reports yesterday that the business has since closed down.

Mr Goudswaard had told friends he was going to Bali with a woman ? known only as ?Anita? ? whom he had recently met on Tinder.

One Perth friend told The Australian the keen hiker ?used Tinder all the time?.

Bali immigration office?s enforcement chief Ngurah Rai Hermansyah said Mr Goudswaard could have left Indonesia without his organisation? knowledge.

?We have no record of (Joshua) going through our immigration checkpoint to leave the country. However I cannot confirm that he is still in Indonesia. We only monitor what is going on within our jurisdiction. If for example he were to travel to Surabaya and exit the country through there, then there is no way for us to know. Unless the embassy notify us and ask us to locate this man, then we would check with all immigration offices across the country. So far the embassy has not done so.?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...229638d7211839

Lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bongos? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/bradesposit...KX#.tp9eAW5rEP

“I’ll make sure he realised how big this has become,” Smith wrote. “Bloody classic! Turns out he’s made a couple of bad business decisions and with the current economic climate he has taken some time-out.”
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-29-2022 at 03:59 PM.

Thread Information