Thread: UCLA student Andrea DelVesco (21) was stabbed to death and her room set on fire; cops were called out as it happened but failed to detect a crime

UCLA student Andrea DelVesco (21) was stabbed to death and her room set on fire; cops were called out as it happened but failed to detect a crime

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...023-story.html

The Los Angeles Police Department has launched an internal investigation into the actions of several officers who responded to a report of a screaming woman at a Westwood apartment complex where a UCLA student was found dead later that morning.
    Lots of details in this article, which is super long. The two senior police officers, that failed to knock on her door after they were initially called out, were fired.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-20-2022 at 08:38 AM.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    So two other college kids killed this girl? The fuck is going on out there in Cali?
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is Andrea's FB: https://www.facebook.com/slamdrea

From the article RBW linked

They left six minutes after they arrived without knocking on any of the doors of the eight-unit complex, including the one directly beneath the 911 caller who said that's where she thought the screams were coming from.

It was a decision that would cost two LAPD officers their jobs and, possibly, a 21-year-old UCLA student named Andrea DelVesco her life.
    Six minutes. Fucking disgusting.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Seems she was absent from fb for about two years there. I still want to know why the fuck this happened and realllyyy want these no dick having little pricks to suffer a fate worse than death for what they did to her.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post

And typical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Seems she was absent from fb for about two years there. I still want to know why the fuck this happened and realllyyy want these no dick having little pricks to suffer a fate worse than death for what they did to her.
    My guess is that she just upped her privacy on Facebook so it looks inactive to people who aren't her friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    And typical.
    SO TYPICAL. My friend who works for PMRT responded to a house call where a woman hadn't been seen for three weeks and flies were coming from the house. The cops had been called TWO WEEKS prior and claimed they did a full check but didn't see her.

SHE WAS SITTING ON THE LIVING ROOM COUCH, ROTTING. In plain sight.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post

Next time you need help, call a crackhead.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Alberto Medina receives life without parole for murder of Andrea DelVesco

https://dailybruin.com/2018/09/21/al...ndrea-delvesco

Alberto Medina, a former Fresno State University student, was sentenced to life without parole for the murder of a UCLA student.

Medina was found guilty of killing Andrea DelVesco in a trial by jury in May. Medina was convicted of first-degree murder under special circumstance, along with two counts of burglary, one count of arson and one count of cruelty to animals.

Judge Mark Windham added 11 years to Medina’s life sentence for the nonmurder counts.

Victor Avila, representing the prosecution, said people convicted of first-degree murder on special circumstances usually get the maximum sentence in California of life without parole.

Medina kept a straight face during the trial and did not seem to express remorse for the victims. Defense Attorney Debra Werbel said Medina does not show emotion to everyone and has acknowledged wrongdoing.

DelVesco’s body was found in her torched apartment with 19 stab wounds the morning of Sept. 21, 2015. Her dog sustained terminal injuries in the fire that Medina allegedly started. Los Angeles police arrested Medina in his Fresno, California residence where they found a knife and other items that tested positive for DelVesco’s DNA.

Medina’s sentencing was originally scheduled for July 20 but was postponed after Werbel asked for more time to petition for a new trial. Avila said the sentencing proceeded at the hearing because the petition for a new trial was never filed.

Thirty-three of DelVesco’s friends and family members submitted victim impact statements.

Leslie DelVesco, Andrea DelVesco’s mother, said her daughter had the rare gift of making one feel loved and understood. She added her daughter could always make her siblings feel better when they were feeling down.

“When he murdered Andrea, he murdered a little bit of everyone,” Leslie DelVesco said.

Leslie DelVesco played a slideshow of her daughter to help the judge understand what her daughter meant to everyone. Loved ones hugged each other while watching experiences that Andrea DelVesco had lived.

Leslie DelVesco said she longs for her daughter every day and that nothing can repair the damage Medina has caused.

Jennifer Polson, a friend of Andrea DelVesco, said she felt so lucky to be her big sister in their sorority, Pi Beta Phi.

Like several of the victims, Polson said she avoids things that can trigger memories of the incident, such as location of the incident on Roebling Avenue and certain parts of campus.

Polson said her sorority sisters got a wristband in her memory and said she tries to live the way that Andrea DelVesco lived.

Erica Friezen, a friend of Andrea DelVesco, said she is traumatized by the experience and sometimes doesn’t feel safe.

Friezen said she once ran from her car at night thinking someone was following her. She added she grew up in Fresno but struggles to feel safe there. Like many of the victims, Friezen said she feels guilt about what she could have done to prevent the incident.

Elizabeth Matuso, Andrea DelVesco’s friend and roommate, said she had shared stories with Andrea DelVesco and played with their dog, Shay, the night before the incident.

“I walked back home thinking of how I missed her and how excited I was to have another year with her,” Matuso said.

Matuso said she cannot understand why a human being would do something like this.

Windham said the crime was unusual because of its monstrous nature.

“He wounded an entire community,” Windham said. “He must never walk free again.”

Thread Information