Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Sherri Papini (34) missing from Shasta County, CA since 11/2/16

Why does she run back in the same direction from which she's supposedly escaping captors?

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    How in the actual fuck can they tell that's her?
    I am guessing too that they have more footage which shows her, which they are holding back for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I am guessing too that they have more footage which shows her, which they are holding back for some reason.
    This is one big bag of weird fuckery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    This is one big bag of weird fuckery.
    You can't make this shit up.

Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

I dunno, I still think she did.

The video basically shows exactly what they said she did ... she was dropped off on a side road, ran around to a couple of buildings (including the church) looking for help, but no one was around, so she then ran back up to the interstate ramp.

No one said she was gagged when released, they said her hands were bound, and she was able to get one of them loose. She was still partly bound with restraints when CHP arrived. The video is nowhere clear enough to see whether her hands are bound or not, but the first 911 call was just minutes after the video, so it's not like she had time to tie herself up in restraints before running up the interstate ramp. Besides, why would she be running around with no restraints knowing someone might see her, then suddenly tie herself up before running to I-5? That doesn't make sense.

The video is more anticlimactic than wtf, to me. And I'm pretty sure the sheriff's office said she was only caught on that one camera, but I'm too lazy to look for the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

And just to clarify ... she was found with a chain around her waist, one hand zip-tied to the chain, and hose clamps around her ankles.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cri...180824671.html
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    And just to clarify ... she was found with a chain around her waist, one hand zip-tied to the chain, and hose clamps around her ankles.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cri...180824671.html
    She can run well for someone with ankle clamps? Or do you mean she just had clamp remnants on her ankles?

She can run well for someone with ankle clamps? Or do you mean she just had clamp remnants on her ankles?

She just had the clamps around her ankles, they weren't connected to anything. LE said they had been used as "pain-compliance restraints." (It's in the SacBee article I linked.)

Tup, give it up.

You were wrong, it's okay.

Can we move this to social media criminals yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

https://www.redding.com/story/news/2...ay/9367942002/

Redding resident Sherri Papini, 39, a young mother whose apparent kidnapping and near-miraculous return became global news in 2016, was arrested Thursday on charges of making false statements to a federal law enforcement officer and engaging in mail fraud.

U.S. Attorney Phillip Talbert, FBI Special Agent in Charge Sean Ragan and Shasta County Sheriff Michael L. Johnson announced Papini's arrest.

No one else is being charged, U.S. Attorney's Office spokeswoman Lauren Horwood said in an email.

According to the criminal complaint filed in the case, Papini was 34 when she went missing from Mountain Gate on Nov. 2, 2016. Extensive searches were conducted for her in Shasta County and California as well as in several other states.

On Nov. 24, Thanksgiving Day, Papini reappeared along a rural road in Yolo County near Woodland, bruised and bound by restraints, according to the county sheriff?s office. Papini had various bindings on her body and injuries including a brand on her right shoulder, according to authorities.

At the time, Papini told law enforcement officers and others that she had been abducted and held at gunpoint by two Hispanic women. She also provided details of the alleged abductors to an FBI sketch artist. Based on her account, law enforcement agencies were on the lookout for Hispanic women matching Papini?s description.

The investigation eventually showed that her account was fabricated and that Papini, who was married, had voluntarily stayed with a former boyfriend in Costa Mesa and had harmed herself to make her story convincing, authorities said.

During an interview conducted by a federal agent and a Shasta County Sheriff?s Office detective in August 2020, Papini was warned that it was a crime to lie to federal agents. She was presented with evidence that showed she had not been abducted. Instead of retracting her kidnapping story, Papini continued to make false statements about her purported abductors, according to the news release Thursday.

In addition, investigators said Papini applied to the California Victim?s Compensation Board for victim assistance money based on her kidnapping story. From 2017 through 2021, Papini collected approximately 35 payments totaling over $30,000, including for visits to her therapist and for the ambulance that transported her to the hospital after her return, the news release said.

?When a young mother went missing in broad daylight, a community was filled with fear and concern,? said U.S. Attorney Talbert.
    Ultimately, Talbert said, the investigation revealed that there was no kidnapping. All the time and resources "that could have been used to investigate actual crime, protect the community, and provide resources to victims were wasted based on the defendant?s conduct," said Talbert.

"The 22-day search for Sherri Papini and subsequent five-year search into who reportedly abducted her was not only taxing on public resources, but caused the general public to be fearful of their own safety, a fear that they should not have had to endure," Shasta County Sheriff Michael L. Johnson said.

If convicted of making false statements to a federal law enforcement officer, Papini faces a maximum statutory penalty of five years in prison and a fine up to $250,000.

If convicted of mail fraud, she faces a maximum statutory penalty of 20 years in prison and a fine up to $250,000

Well, well, well....

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I hope this bitch sees REAL time. Some dumb ass c*nt goes off to cheat with her boyfriend and causes a multi state search for her stupid ass and thinks she can get away with it because she's blonde and blue eyed. Privileged asshole. THEN! COLLECTS MONEY!!!!!! Fuck this bitch. How many POC go missing and nobody bats an eye and she had an entire country looking for her stupid ass while she was fucking her boyfriend for a month in Costa Mesa. THEN she tries to blame minorities in her kidnapping.

The fucking NERVE. The least this waste of space could have done was come up with a believable story. But no. Her stupid ass couldn't even manage that with an entire month to spend working on a believable story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

It's the racial component that didn't have to be added that makes it extra cruel. She could have went off and cheated without dragging in Hispanics.

I guess California is cleaning up their backlog of cold cases. Maybe that will finally arrest the people who kidnapped the little girl of the mom who worked at I think Best Buy. Those people know what happened to both mom and daughter.

Someone on Reddit reminded me that this is the plot to Gone Girl minus the murder of her lover. Damn you Gillian Flynn. That book had such a minor impact on society. LOL.

In 2020, DNA found on Papini's clothes that was put in a database and routinely checked ultimately led investigators to her ex-boyfriend, according to the affidavit.

That ex-boyfriend told investigators that Papini asked him for help and needed to get away, that he agreed to drive to pick her up in Redding, and that she stayed at his home in Costa Mesa in the Los Angeles area the whole time, the FBI agent wrote in the document.
    The ex said he didn’t know “what the final plan was” or if they’d get back together, the affidavit says.

Panini asked him to brand her at one point, which he did with a wood burning tool, and eventually she asked to be driven back to Northern California, it says.

Investigators say the ex-boyfriend’s story was corroborated with car rental receipts and phone records, and the ex-boyfriend knew details not known to the public.

The ex-boyfriend told investigators he initially thought he was just helping a friend, but after seeing the news about the later kidnapping claims he got worried, according to the affidavit.

He decided not to make any calls, but assumed if the truth was discovered police would come to him and he would cooperate, the document says.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-say-rcna18682

According to the criminal complaint, investigators first began to question the story in 2020, after DNA found on Papini’s clothing upon her return was matched to one of her ex-boyfriends.

In an interview with investigators, the ex-boyfriend said Papini had told him that her husband was abusive and that local law enforcement was not investigating the incidents, according to the complaint, which noted that the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office did not have any domestic violence reports filed by Papini.

The ex-boyfriend called Papini “a good friend” and said “she had asked him for help,” according to the complaint. “Papini told him that her husband was beating and raping her and she was trying to escape.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ged-with-lying

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    So...... She had escaped her "abusive husband" and instead of calling the police to let them know that and was alive and safe and was just trying to escape her abusive husband, she created an elaborate kidnapping story. She branded herself, beat herself up, shackled herself and returned to him. Oh! And collected money after the fact.

Makes total sense. The ex is playing stupid too. He should be charged. He helped her with this shit.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I am so happy she was FINALLY arrested!

I wonder if she and the husband are still together?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    So...... She had escaped her "abusive husband" and instead of calling the police to let them know that and was alive and safe and was just trying to escape her abusive husband, she created an elaborate kidnapping story. She branded herself, beat herself up, shackled herself and returned to him. Oh! And collected money after the fact.

Makes total sense. The ex is playing stupid too. He should be charged. He helped her with this shit.
    Yep. And the ex obviously has other things going on, or he wouldn't have left his DNA in some kind of LE database.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

And left her two children with her supposedly abusive husband for three weeks, without even sending in a wellness check or call. Awful!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellaine View Post
    And left her two children with her supposedly abusive husband for three weeks, without even sending in a wellness check or call. Awful!
    Right.

I have stories, when I get my name back I need to go preemie. I know someone who recently did a disappearing act.

It wasn't as dramatic, but it was a doozy.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenatoo View Post
    Someone on Reddit reminded me that this is the plot to Gone Girl minus the murder of her lover. Damn you Gillian Flynn. That book had such a minor impact on society. LOL.
    When did Gone Girl come out? There are too many similarities.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information