Thread: Wendy Sabatini (44) was shot by her boyfriend after she rejected his marriage proposal

Wendy Sabatini (44) was shot by her boyfriend after she rejected his marriage proposal

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...riage_proposal

?Eaton advised that earlier in the afternoon, he was speaking to Sabatini in the upstairs bedroom and approached her with an engagement ring, with the intent to ask Sabatini to marry Eaton. Sabatini declined before he asked,? the court documents state. ?Eaton said that he then retrieved a firearm from a nightstand and moved behind Sabatini, who was seated on the opposite side of the bed. Eaton said the gun fired, striking Sabatini in the head.?

What a catch...can't understand why she didn't want to marry him.

This is terrible. I read her son's facebook. He's in high school. She also took care of her daughter and granddaughter.

This article says the man killed her then drove to a friend's house. He confessed to the friend...and the friend took him to the police dept to confess.
    The police arrived at the house and the teenaged son was there. HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW what was going on (he thought his mom was at work). He let the police in and they found her body in the bedroom.
    http://www.greensburgdailynews.com/n...a7d131485.html

Wendy L. Sabatni, 44 of Greensburg, formerly of Logansport, passed away Tuesday, October 25, 2016.

Born on July 6, 1972 at Barksdale Air Force Base in Shreveport, Louisianna she is the daughter of Daniel “Dutch” and E. Diane (Taylor) Wydra of Logansport. Wendy worked as a quality technician for Valeo in Greensburg.

Wendy was a fun loving, hard working, determined and devoted mother, grandmother, sister, and daughter. She was the best “Memaw” in the whole universe. Wendy was an avid runner, enjoyed working out and loved to ride her Harley Davidson Softail. Her laugh was contagious and she loved the time she spent with her family and friends.

Surviving Wendy is a daughter, Shelby T. Sabatini, Lafayette; a son, Lake C. Sabatini, Fishers; a sister, Heather D. (Troy) Rasmus, Peru; a brother, Casey J. (Rikki) Wydra, Fishers; mother and father, Daniel “Dutch” and E. Diane Wydra, Logansport; granddaughter, Jordan E. Sabatini; nieces, Taylor M. Rasmus; Mamie R. Rasmus; Rowan D. Wydra; nephews, Matthew T. “Opie” Rasmus; Nicolas D. Rasmus; and Walter B. Koch.

She was preceded in death by one brother, Christopher D. Wydra, maternal grandparents, James and Dorothy Taylor; and paternal grandparents, Leo and Alice Wydra.

A celebration of life will be held at High Noon (12:00 pm) Monday, October 31, 2016 in the Gundrum Funeral Home. Burial will follow in the Mt. Hope Cemetery, Logansport.

Visitation will be held from 1:00 - 5:00 PM on Sunday, October 30, also in the funeral home.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the family.

You can sign Wendy’s guestbook online at www.gundrumcares.com
    http://www.gundrumfuneralhome.com/no...Wendy-Sabatini

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    That poor kid. Unbelievable. She seems so sweet, beautiful and independent. And this control freak, fuckstick just had to destroy her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    That poor lady.

Oh damn that poor kid. How fucked up. He was just chillin in the house with no clue his mother was dead in the next room. I would freak the fuck out.

This is so sad. I wonder if he had been physically abusive towards her before the murder? I learned during domestic violence therapy that in 25% of domestic violence homicides, the murder itself is the first instance of abuse. Most likely there were multiple abusive incidents in their relationship though before this happened. Restraining orders can help, but I'm not sure one would have helped in this relationship. A restraining order is just a piece of paper when someone plans to kill somebody. It sounds like they lived together. I guess a major question here is, how could she not have died if he was determined to kill her? Women in this situation often have to go live with relatives for a while, break-up with the individual over the phone (where they are at a safe distance away from them), and have no contact with them after that point. Some women even move to a different state when they they have broken up with a guy like this who is off the wall, due to abuse and death threats while they were in the relationship.

Oh Mr. Eaton why o why did you have to kill the love of your life. It seems like you guys were living and sleeping together, sounds like you were pretty much in a marriage relationship... I wish you would have just keep the faith and peace inside her heart, knowing it would have been forever without the ring and marriage certificate...

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Oh Mr. Eaton why o why did you have to kill the love of your life. It seems like you guys were living and sleeping together, sounds like you were pretty much in a marriage relationship... I wish you would have just keep the faith and peace inside her heart, knowing it would have been forever without the ring and marriage certificate...
    Lazarus, did you just condone sex outside of marriage? Now I'm really confused!

GREENSBURG, Ind. -- Lake Sabatini was stretched out on the couch downstairs in his mother’s house on East Washington Street in Greensburg last Tuesday when a police officer came to the door.

“I was laying down when the police showed up and said that, ‘We got a call that there was a gunshot.’

“One of the officers said, ‘I know where your mom’s boyfriend is at,’ and I said, ‘He’s with you, isn’t he?’ and I instantly knew that he killed my mom.”

The 18-year-old high school senior talked to his mom a couple hours earlier, as she prepared to go to work at a Decatur County auto plant, and Wendy Sabatini offered no hint of problems.

Following the phone call, as the teen worked at his after school job, Greensburg police said Jason Eric Eaton admitted to them he intended to ask Wendy Sabatini to marry him, but before he could ask the question, the divorced mother of two said no.

“I already knew that she was gonna say no,” said Lake. “She just didn’t want to get married again. She was married before. She just didn’t want to go do that again.”

Investigators said Eaton told them he retrieved Sabatini’s gun from a nightstand, snuck up behind her and fired once. Then he surrendered at Greensburg police headquarters and confessed to what he had done.

Meanwhile, Lake Sabatini returned home, made dinner and relaxed, not knowing his mother was dead in her second floor bedroom.

“The house looked different,” he said, “and I don’t know why I didn’t go upstairs.”

Sabatini shared the home with his mother and Eaton.

“He had a rough past but we didn’t care about that. We loved him as he was and he treated us well.

“Anybody instantly would fall in love when you met her. She was a wonderful person. She was clean cut. If she needed to tell you she wouldn’t sugar coat it. She would tell you and just make everything feel better.

“He was supposed to adopt me, to be my dad. I trusted him in every way and then this happens.

“I don’t know how he could do that. My mom was so nice to him and my mom even helped him in any way she could.”

Wendy Sabatini’s sister was likewise shocked by the killing and the confessed killer.

“I would have never seen this side out of him but I guess you truly don’t know everybody,” said Heather Rasmus. “He just didn’t get the answer he wanted.

“She was a very stern woman. She stood her ground.”

Rasmus held a portrait of her sister and her beloved Harley Davidson motorcycle as she welcomed friends and family to a Logansport funeral home.

“She loved that motorcycle,” Rasmus said, recalling what she would miss most of Wendy. “How fun she was. Her contagious smile. Her friendliness. Its who she was.”

Rasmus said her sister’s body will be accompanied by motorcycle riding supporters to her final resting place Monday.

Lake Sabatini said he intends to become a motorcycle mechanic and work on his mother’s bike.

The family has established a GoFundMe account to provide for Sabatini’s two children and raise awareness of domestic violence.
    http://fox59.com/2016/10/30/son-reca...derful-person/

I don't really believe the whole marriage propasal story. I bet she told him to get his sorry ass out because she was tired of his crap.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

Ind. Man Who Fatally Shot Girlfriend After She Rejected His Marriage Proposal Gets 45 Years

An Indiana man killed his girlfriend after she rejected his marriage proposal in 2016 — and last Friday, he was sentenced to prison.

Jason Eaton, 45, pleaded guilty to murder in January for the October 2016 death of his girlfriend, Wendy Sabatini. On Friday, he was sentenced to 47 year total, but with two years suspended to supervised probation, according to a county news release.
    Eaton is prohibited from having contact with Sabatini’s family for the duration of his sentence.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

Ind. Man Who Fatally Shot Girlfriend After She Rejected His Marriage Proposal Gets 45 Years
    GOOD.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information