Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Daniel Haros (25) & Phillip Evans (25) were shot and killed by Cary Heath (35) at a neighborhood Halloween party

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/lo...128441894.html

A middle school science teacher arrested in the killings of two men in October was indicted on a capital murder charge last week, according to Tarrant County court records.

Cary Heath, 35, is accused of fatally shooting Daniel Haros, 25, and Phillip Evans, 25, in front of their homes in the 800 block of Buffalo Springs Drive in south Fort Worth early Oct. 23.

Heath, a teacher at Permenter Middle School in Cedar Hill, admitted to the killings, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

He and his wife had been at a small Halloween party at a neighbor’s home on Buffalo Springs Drive when Haros and Evans briefly stopped by, the affidavit said.

After a friendly, cordial conversation, the two victims left to return home while Heath walked to his own house, according to the affidavit.

Minutes later, multiple gunshots rang out.

A 911 caller told investigators that they had looked outside after hearing the shots and saw a white man standing over Haros, striking him with the butt of a rifle. When the witness yelled at the suspect to stop, Heath pointed the rifle at the witness and asked if they “had a problem,” the affidavit says.

Tiffany Heath was indicted last week on a tampering with evidence charge.

Cary Heath remains in the Tarrant county jail with his bail set at $1,000,000.

Found a candid photo of Tiffany & Cary... his mum added the extra people in... can't find any social media for her though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

so there's still no reason for it, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    so there's still no reason for it, though?
    If they know why he did it, they are keeping a very tight lid on it. I check on this case periodically because that is what I want to know too!

I looked and cannot find any updates on this case, even thought it's been two years. He does appear to still be in custody though:

https://ijis.tarrantcounty.com/inmat...nmateData.aspx

HEATH, CARY JOSEPH

This person is currently in custody at Tarrant County Correction Center
    Charge Arrest Date Agency Bond Amount
    CAPITAL MURDER-MULTIPLE 10/24/2016 FORT WORTH PD $1,000,000.00

So weird. You'd think there'd be some degree of explanation by now.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    So weird. You'd think there'd be some degree of explanation by now.
    Yeah, I wanna know why!

Finally-an update...but I want answers too!

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...235014252.html

It took less than 25 minutes Thursday for a Tarrant County jury to find a former middle school teacher guilty of capital murder in the deaths of two of his neighbors.

Prosecuting attorneys did not seek the death penalty for Cary Joseph Heath, 37, of Fort Worth, a former North Texas teacher who was accused of killing two men at a 2016 Halloween party in their neighborhood.

Heath, who was a science teacher at a Cedar Hill middle school, received an automatic sentence of life in prison without parole.

Prosecutors argued that Heath shot, killed and then beat his victims with the butt of his rifle, and that no one they have talked to understands why.
    Subscribe and Save

Act now to get a full year of unlimited digital access – just $49.99!
    VIEW OFFER

Officials with the medical examiner’s office identified the victims as Daniel Haros and Phillip Evans Garcia, who both were 25.

Garcia’s mother, Paige Garcia, said that Heath killed her only son.

“The family is completely devastated and want answers that they know will never come,” Garcia said to Heath. “I have no idea of how to live now. Our ability to have compassion for others is gone now. We feel incapable of giving back or paying forward. The younger ones are fearful. I thought that it was important to read this to you. I wrote this almost three years ago and thought there was no need to write another because nothing has changed.”

Haros’ mother, Lupe Haros, told the jury that her son was her best friend and that every day that she goes without him breaks her heart. Haros said she was very blessed to have him as her son.

“He was always such a hardworking, loving person,” she said. “You, Cary Heath, you did the despicable. You stole my son’s life and I still have not been given a reason why. I hope you never get out of jail. I hope that you stay in there and get what you deserve.”
    ‘That’s a massacre’

Tarrant County prosecutor Page Simpson said that once the jurors saw the crime scene photos and understood how much the victims must have suffered as they died, you could see how upset they became.

“Can you understand how much anger it takes to unload your entire magazine into two individuals and then strike them with the butt of your rifle?” said Nicholas Vincent, Tarrant County assistant district attorney. “That’s not only murder, that’s a massacre.”

After his sentence was read, John Stickels, the attorney who defended Heath, said this was a “senseless killing and a tragedy for everyone involved.”

Stickels said he had introduced enough reasonable doubt into evidence for the jury to acquit his client. There is evidence to suggest the rifle barrel on the suspected murder weapon was switched and also evidence that suggests blood samples were contaminated, Stickels said.

But Simpson said that even if those two things were true, it does not explain the blood and the DNA from the victims that investigators found in the defendant’s safe.

“The worst thing these two victims did was go over and shake their neighbor’s hand,” Simpson said.

Simpson also said she believed the killings were senseless, with no apparent motive that she has been able to identify.

“You know there are lots of senseless murders all over the country especially with assault rifles and multiple victims,” Simpson said. “I think it’s just a trend now. I don’t think there is ever a real good reason for anyone to do this. But we did not find a set motive in this case.”

A trial is also pending for Heath’s wife, Tiffany Heath, who is accused of helping her husband cover up the crimes.

Heath was accused of killing his two neighbors in front of their homes on Buffalo Springs Drive in south Fort Worth.
    A ‘friendly and cordial’ conversation

Cary Heath was arrested a day after the shootings in the parking lot of Permenter Middle School — where he taught science to eighth-graders — in Cedar Hill.

Heath and his wife were at a small Halloween gathering at their next-door neighbor’s home in the 800 block of Buffalo Springs Drive. Everyone was standing in the front yard early on the morning of Oct. 23, 2016, when four neighbors came to visit for less than five minutes before walking back home, according to the warrant.

A neighbor said the conversation was friendly, but a few minutes later, after Heath’s wife and neighbor went into the neighbor’s house, multiple gunshots were heard.

Cassandra Haros, the sister of one of the victims, testified Tuesday morning that she confronted the angry attacker as he was standing over one victim, striking him with the butt of a rifle. Heath asked if she “had a problem” as he pointed a rifle at her. And then she said he told her, “He was in my yard.”

She later discovered that two men were dead.

One man was lying dead in a driveway down the street. The other victim lay dead in a different front yard. A medical examiner told police that they died of multiple gunshots and blunt-force trauma to the face and head, the affidavit said.

Thread Information