Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiane Duval (17) unexpectedly took her life while at home

Re: Tiane Duval (17) unexpectedly took her life while at home

[quote author=damagedroses link=topic=6961.msg334156#msg334156 date=1178148786]
    yea i can tell cuz if you commit suicide thats an automatic trip straight to hell
    [/quote]

So if someone decides to end their pain (and what horrific pain it must be to end your life), that earns them a trip to hell?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=6961.msg334167#msg334167 date=1178149130]
    So if someone decides to end their pain (and what horrific pain it must be to end your life), that earns them a trip to hell?

[/quote]
    Yea, but God doesn't give you anything you can't handle!
    Nevermind. Suicide shoots that theory to hell. (pun intended)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=6961.msg334175#msg334175 date=1178149416]
    [/quote]

:lol:

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=6961.msg334175#msg334175 date=1178149416]
    [/quote]

Someone's hungry,  Give the noob a smite sammich.
    I don't enter into mental warfare with morons.  It's immoral and unethical.  They have no ammunition.  AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII  

yea i can tell cuz if you commit suicide thats an automatic trip straight to hell
    [/quote]

if there really is a heaven and a hell, i'm sure all the places in hell are reserved for the murderers, terrorists, child molestors, and the rest of the scum in this world. not some poor girl who put up with so much of other people's shit that she chose to end her life.

[/quote]

LOL are you being serious or facetious?  hehe..."damagedroses."  more like damaged goods.
    xx

Finally some semi-noobs with some sense!  Well said ladies/gents?

[/quote]

My but you've been busy.  Quite the insensitive one.

You can tell what?  That she doesn't believe in heaven because of her comment that if there is one she hopes that is where Tiane is?  You know for a fact that committing suicide is "an automatic trip straight to hell" because...?

You know, this little girl - and at 17 she IS just a little girl - was in so much pain that she chose to end her short life.  I choose to believe that if there is a god, and if there is indeed a heaven, that god would not continue this child's pain by banishing her to hell.  JMO

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=ladykiller link=topic=6961.msg334264#msg334264 date=1178153876]
    if there really is a heaven and a hell, i'm sure all the places in hell are reserved for the murderers, terrorists, child molestors, and the rest of the scum in this world. not some poor girl who put up with so much of other people's shit that she chose to end her life.
    [/quote]
    Depends on your beliefs. Some people believe that if you work on Sunday you're going to hell.
    And some people are developmentally disabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=6961.msg334270#msg334270 date=1178154395]
    Depends on your beliefs. Some people believe that if you work on Sunday you're going to hell.
    [/quote]

that's the best excuse for unemployment i've ever heard.
    i know you said sundays, but i'd rather not risk it by working the rest of the week.
    :-P

also, i didn't mean to change the topic there. my bad.
    RIP tiane.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=6961.msg334270#msg334270 date=1178154395]
    [/quote]

actually the day of the sabbath is on saturday, they have it mixed up

and so what if they teased her for being a lesbian, i was teased for being in a wheelchair big deal, im not saying she didnt have it bad but things get better whether you wanna think that or not.

and also it says if you take your own life you will goto hell

i am not disrespecting Tiane, i am just saying everyone has it atleast worse off than you do, no matter what you are going through, someone is worse off.

hell i wanted to kill myself so many times as a teen, but i was too chicken and i didnt want to hurt my family

[quote author=groomsy link=topic=6961.msg334783#msg334783 date=1178177921]
    actually the day of the sabbath is on saturday, they have it mixed up

and so what if they teased her for being a lesbian, i was teased for being in a wheelchair big deal, im not saying she didnt have it bad but things get better whether you wanna think that or not.

i am not disrespecting Tiane, i am just saying everyone has it atleast worse off than you do, no matter what you are going through, someone is worse off.

hell i wanted to kill myself so many times as a teen, but i was too chicken and i didnt want to hurt my family
    [/quote]

A trip straight to hell? Biblical interpretation speaking, eh, it depends on who you're talking to. A mydeathspace thread? Not the place for your theological imagination, or at least not this thread.

There is always someone worse. Yes, probably, but that sort of line doesn't help. Imagine, if you break your arm and your crying in pain and the doctor walks by and says, "well I'd give you some medication, but there's a guy down the hall here who just broke both his arms, so I just want you to think about how lucky you are until the pain goes away." Nope. Doesn't work. Mental anguish is very real. Simplifying that kind of pain to the level of the ingrate is all very nice and good, but is the equivalent of putting a band-aid on a punctured artery. Aside from all that, ones tolerance for mental pain is dependent on a number of factors, so please don't be so self absorbed.

My personal story doesn't matter here, but I've got enough experience to say that simply thinking about suicide and contemplating or acting upon a suicidal impulse are so far apart from each other. Every living person has thought about death even suicide, but not to the point of being suicidal. To blither on about the selfishness of the act or how you are so much better because you survived your teenage melodrama is pointless, irritating and utterly lacks the sort of empathy and maturity that is required to deal with this topic.

Well, I hope you're having fun.
    Life is a temporary problem, but there is a permanent solution. A prescription for everyone? No doubt.

Its sad when kids this young decide to make such a permanent decision.  I'd like to think that if there is a heaven, then people like Tiane will be welcomed with open arms. 

Christians thinking that everyone who commits suicide goes to hell is tantamount to Muslim suicide bombers believing there's 72 virgins awaiting them in heaven.  How can people be so damned sure that their 2000 year old book is more credible than some other 2000 year old book?  Faith?  Well, I have faith that GOD would recognize that people are incapable of accurately capturing and writing down HIS thoughts and imposing them upon the masses.  Religion is a funny thing.

I found this website interesting, if for nothing else, for the giant leaps in logic from passage to interpretation.  I guess their hearts are in the right place- trying to dissuade people from commiting suicide. 
    http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/suicide.htm

One passage refers to him (Hey Zeus) as the only way to heaven.  The other is about adultery, which I presume is why the woman is burning.  And here's the third Rev. 21:8:

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

I think they have to prove that suicide is murder before that passage is even relevant. 

Interesting and little known fact:  hell is composed of sulfur.  If you are no longer a carbon-based living thing, does it matter that you spend your time in fire?  Is the temperature of heaven the optimal temperature for a soul to reside? 

[quote author=groomsy link=topic=6961.msg334783#msg334783 date=1178177921]

[/quote]

You want it all but you can't have it
    It's in your face but you can't grab it
    What is it?
    It's it
    What is it?

tell me what suicide is then if its not murdering one self? taking your life is taking a life, i can tell you god or not you were not put here to kill yourself and others. yes it happens and way too much, but either your a serial killer or suicide victim you take a life.

religious debate

Feb 25, 2006 7:29 AM
    T, this feels ridiculous, leaving you a myspace comment. I don't know where to start, or when to end. I wish that there was something that Hannah or I could have said or done on wednesday to make you realize just how much we all love you, and how much we'll miss you now you're gone. I feel like I should have payed just a bit more attention, given you a little more time, said something more, done something differently, so you wouldn't feel like you needed to leave us like this. I'm still hanging on to the belief that you didn't know the full consiquences of your actions, that you just wanted the nightmare of those few days to end, to fall asleep and wake up again without those tears. Even as I type this, I'm second doubting that. To be perfectly honest, I'm really pissed at you for leaving us like this. I'll never understand exactly why you did it, or why you had to leave all of us here, without a goodbye. None of us will ever be the same for it. Yeah, you screwed up on monday, everyone does at one point or another, but if you had just given it another day, another week, and it would have gotten better. But there's no opportunity to prove that now, or even say one last goodbye. We love you, and we'll miss you. I hope your happier now, wherever you are.
    Sleeping pills, perhaps?  This really is sad...
    RIP Tiane

[quote author=groomsy link=topic=6961.msg334923#msg334923 date=1178195793]
    tell me what suicide is then if its not murdering one self? taking your life is taking a life, i can tell you god or not you were not put here to kill yourself and others. yes it happens and way too much, but either your a serial killer or suicide victim you take a life.
    [/quote]

Murder usually means the killing of another person.  Calling suicide murder is like masturbating and then saying you got a handjob.

[quote author=xoxo_samantha_xoxo link=topic=6961.msg335305#msg335305 date=1178206661]
    religious debate

[/quote]

Sorry, I got a little carried away.  The whole "one way ticket to hell" thing just got me goin'.

Perhaps when suicide victims pass on they're made into instant angels.  That way they've got a job to do in the afterlife.  Kind of a blessing in disguise.  That's what I would have said if I wrote the good book. 

RIP Tiane

i always find it weird that my teachers told me a murderer can go to heaven but someone who comitted suicide can't.

a teacher told me once 'a murderer can feel sorry for what he did before he dies and make peace. but if you kill yourself you don't believe that god can help you, and you won't make your peace with god. you don't acceppt he can rescue you'. kind of sad... i mean, would i go to hell if  i have cancer and suffer greater pain than anyone is able to take? what if i kill myself because i can't stand the pain anymore? that's not fair...

:|
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

Yeah that's a stupid saying. How can you make people go to hell when they are in so much pain that they are forced to take their own life? And I don't believe in God let alone heaven or hell. The only way you'll find out IS when you die. I believe it is very brave of people who take their own life. It's not a cowardice thing to do believe me...It's easier to live, harder to die.

Edit - And DamagedRoses, I read your comment and that SERIOUSLY PISSED ME OFF! I'M GONNA COME AND PERSONALLY SMITE YOU! STFU

Edit again - RIP Tiane, I believe you're in a better place&nbsp;

AHHH! I hate god loving freaks! They scare me. Stay away! I will cut you Mother F'ers. I bear the mark, beware.&nbsp;
    The breakfast of champions.

Uh exactly how is discussing what direction you think Tiane went in the afterlife paying one's respects?

Yeah...

RIP Tiane.

[quote author=groomsy link=topic=6961.msg334923#msg334923 date=1178195793]
    [/quote]

Suicide is a way of ending emotional pain, taking a life that belongs to you and only you.

taking a life of another person is a sin. unless it is a mercy kill, then I'm not sure what it is.

some times the only way to rid ones self of their demon's is to kill the body and free the soul
    when things go wrong and you know they will, <br />and your daily rode seems all up hill.<br />and when your sad and blue and want to quit<br />remember one thing I DON&#039;T GIVE A SHIT

I am waiting for one of Tiane's friends to come into the thread and yell...any minute now.&nbsp;

I think it's sad that this young girl took her own life, can you all try and repsect her by keeping religion out of this, please.

RIP Tiane, I wish your family and friends all the best in coping with this.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=6961.msg330293#msg330293 date=1178033334]
    Check this out:

http://me.glad.org/testimony.pdf.
    [/quote]

wow, it's long

Thread Information