Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiane Duval (17) unexpectedly took her life while at home

Tiane Duval (17) unexpectedly took her life while at home

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007..._while_at_home

Such a beautiful girl.  Her headline is heartbreaking.  Her boyfriend wrote this in his profile:

RIP Tiane Duval, i'll always love you and miss u but never forget u... every 18 minuts somebody dies from a suicide, every 43 seconds somebody attemps one... if u or somebody u know is suicidal please call 1-800-784-2433

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=14928190

These young suicides never get easier.  RIP Tiane

Re: Tiane Duval (17) unexpectedly took her life while at home

From one of her friend's profiles:

Tiane Duval. you were the greatest thing that ever happened to me.i still cant beleive you did this. i mean i feel like i put the thoughts in your head. you saved me from dieing but i wasnt able to help you. we always said that no matter what we could count on eachother and i feel like i let you down. im so sorry. i love you so much. you were gone before i even got to ask you if you would go to the prom with me. we would have had so much fun. i still wake up in the morning and have tears in my eyes because i realize that you arent coming back. i went to surf camp and playing in thw water just swimming around and walking in it make me breakdown. i just cant beleive you are gone. only your body tiane. you will forever be my love. i love you so much. i will never. ever. ever. forget your smile your eyes your laugh your advice and thoughts on things. i love you.

Which friend wrote this? 

[quote author=missberi link=topic=6961.msg330099#msg330099 date=1178026222]
    Which friend wrote this? 
    [/quote]

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:xHeVkBqde6wJ:profile.myspace.com/index.cfm%3Ffuseaction%3Duser.viewprofile%26friend id%3D73593954+%22tiane+duval%22+died&hl=en&amp ;ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us

Down by her heroes.  The girl seems to be a bit troubled herself.  Scary.

does anyone know why she did it?  :-(
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

Oh god, her comments are so heartbreaking.

From her best friend, I think:

Oct 31, 2006 8:15 PM
    im still thinking about you every day, dont ever think that i dont! my car got broken into this weekend and they tore my rose i have for you. i found the bud and have it safe. but im still pissed. saturday it was raining extreme, and it reminded me of one of the last times you came down here and you kept calling me when i was driving in front of you becasue i was splattering too much rain at you and you couldnt see. i dont believe in heaven and all that stuff, but ive started to get worried about that. because if there is no heaven, and there isnt an afterlife, does that mean you arent watching out for me anymore? life still sucks, and i, no lie, have you to thank for keeping me here each day- i cringe at the thought of hurting anyone as much as your death did. i dont want to be here without you, but at the same time, i want to live every day just for you. and thats when the whole heaven thing gets to me because if you arent watching out for me, and you arent listening to me, and you arent holding my hand and sending me kisses, then who am i living for anymore? i miss you so much baby. hold me and dont let go ever ever

I *think* this blog is about her.&#160; This kid writes on her wall a lot, and I think him and Tiane might have had a little something going on before she died:

Saturday, April 01, 2006

All alone
    Category: Life

i got lonely fast tonite and just sit here waiting and sitting and waiting... were did all the girls go????&#160;&nbsp; the cudleing has stopped and all i can think of is were did the girls go?&#160; one minute i was cuddling and the next i'm alone, cold on the couch.&#160; no one is around. i kno the fire alarm went off once and i became alleart.&#160; i fell back to my discomfort alone, almost alienated on the couch. away from the almost over party,&#160; i stand up and begin to wonder. i end up in the kitchen and there is my buddy, sobering up beside the sink, holding the giant water bottle he had purchased earlier today.&#160; i go back to the couch. the one place i could hope to find some comfort and remember wut had possibly happened in the earlier hours of tonite.&#160; as i try to remember i realize my head is gunna hurt like a bitch in the morning. i pop a few tylonal and try to make my attempt for bed. i lay there and think, nobody around, just me and my mind.&#160; i go to my thoguhts and pull from my most precouse memories in my inner librarey.&#160; ones from the past during the most happy times of my life, ones of true love and then death and then more love.&#160; immature love played its way through my mind like a never ending movie, replaying itself over and over never stopping to even breath or to refuel itself.. thoughts of the wut ifs take their place after a while and then i think, wut am i doing. wut if i had made that phone call, could i have saved her. wut if i had kissed her? What if she kissed me and became disloyal to her boyfriend?&#160; wut would happen if i had never met her and never got in trouble at that camp?&#160; wut if i never took those risks to sneek her in?

i open my eyes and there's this beautiful girl holding a cup of water..&#160;
    &quot;drink this hunny. it'll make u feel better&quot;
    i drank it of course, and find myself in the heart of the party once more.&#160; the party went on and i lay there on the couch all alone, by myself, thinking of &quot;her&quot;.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...851c12982c27ML

One of the comments from him:

Aug 5, 2006 9:57 PM
    lol, u always told me i would find another girl, and i always told u i would only date girls that lived up to your standards, well the search is still on, there will never be another that can come close to wut i saw in u. no matter how hard i look i will always fail in my attempts, and when i c her i think of u still. weird huh. i can still find myself wanting to, and fighting the urges to pick up the fone and call your house, i miss our late nite cons. and our stupid jokes. i think if i ever am given the chance i'll tell your mom wut really happened at camp that horrable day u got kicked out. lookin bac, those days spent w/ u were the best days i've ever had, i wouldn't give them up for the world. that horrable day seems funny looking back on it now, we were so young and innocent. well maybe not completely!! i hope u got myspace were u r, cause i kno your gunna laugh at me when u read this. c u in my dreams, , , and kisses on your forhead...........

wow. the message of her b/f is really touching.

i always wonder how desparate someone has to be to commit suicide. it must be awful.

i guess i would like to die too, if my b/f would commit suicide. it must be so painful.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

[quote author=idiomatic_german link=topic=6961.msg330120#msg330120 date=1178027016]
    does anyone know why she did it?&nbsp; :-(
    [/quote]
    That is what I am wondering.&nbsp; I don't understand why people who are young and have everything in front of them kill themselves. What could possibly be so messed up beyond repair that you have to resort to that measure?&nbsp; *sigh*

Her headline &quot;Please don't think this was easy.&quot;

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=6961.msg330158#msg330158 date=1178028556]
    Her headline &quot;Please don't think this was easy.&quot;

[/quote]

The saddest thing is after she changed it her friends probably thought nothing of it.&nbsp; Until it was to late :(

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=6961.msg330134#msg330134 date=1178027472]
    I *think* this blog is about her.&nbsp; This kid writes on her wall a lot, and I think him and Tiane might have had a little something going on before she died:

Saturday, April 01, 2006

All alone
    Category: Life

i got lonely fast tonite and just sit here waiting and sitting and waiting... were did all the girls go????&nbsp;&nbsp; the cudleing has stopped and all i can think of is were did the girls go?&nbsp; one minute i was cuddling and the next i'm alone, cold on the couch.&nbsp; no one is around. i kno the fire alarm went off once and i became alleart.&nbsp; i fell back to my discomfort alone, almost alienated on the couch. away from the almost over party,&nbsp; i stand up and begin to wonder. i end up in the kitchen and there is my buddy, sobering up beside the sink, holding the giant water bottle he had purchased earlier today.&nbsp; i go back to the couch. the one place i could hope to find some comfort and remember wut had possibly happened in the earlier hours of tonite.&nbsp; as i try to remember i realize my head is gunna hurt like a bitch in the morning. i pop a few tylonal and try to make my attempt for bed. i lay there and think, nobody around, just me and my mind.&nbsp; i go to my thoguhts and pull from my most precouse memories in my inner librarey.&nbsp; ones from the past during the most happy times of my life, ones of true love and then death and then more love.&nbsp; immature love played its way through my mind like a never ending movie, replaying itself over and over never stopping to even breath or to refuel itself.. thoughts of the wut ifs take their place after a while and then i think, wut am i doing. wut if i had made that phone call, could i have saved her. wut if i had kissed her? What if she kissed me and became disloyal to her boyfriend?&nbsp; wut would happen if i had never met her and never got in trouble at that camp?&nbsp; wut if i never took those risks to sneek her in?

i open my eyes and there's this beautiful girl holding a cup of water..&nbsp;
    &quot;drink this hunny. it'll make u feel better&quot;
    i drank it of course, and find myself in the heart of the party once more.&nbsp; the party went on and i lay there on the couch all alone, by myself, thinking of &quot;her&quot;.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...851c12982c27ML

One of the comments from him:

Aug 5, 2006 9:57 PM
    lol, u always told me i would find another girl, and i always told u i would only date girls that lived up to your standards, well the search is still on, there will never be another that can come close to wut i saw in u. no matter how hard i look i will always fail in my attempts, and when i c her i think of u still. weird huh. i can still find myself wanting to, and fighting the urges to pick up the fone and call your house, i miss our late nite cons. and our stupid jokes. i think if i ever am given the chance i'll tell your mom wut really happened at camp that horrable day u got kicked out. lookin bac, those days spent w/ u were the best days i've ever had, i wouldn't give them up for the world. that horrable day seems funny looking back on it now, we were so young and innocent. well maybe not completely!! i hope u got myspace were u r, cause i kno your gunna laugh at me when u read this. c u in my dreams, , , and kisses on your forhead...........
    [/quote]

I noticed that too.&nbsp; If they didn't have anything going on, then he sure was infatuated with her.&nbsp; I'm thinking the second is probably the right one.

[quote author=missberi link=topic=6961.msg330167#msg330167 date=1178028792]
    The saddest thing is after she changed it her friends probably thought nothing of it.&nbsp; Until it was to late :(
    [/quote]

I just read a comment about.&nbsp; Apparently it was one of her lines in the play &quot;Konstantine.&quot;&nbsp; Still very telling though.

And apparently something had happened that Monday at school.&nbsp; I don't know what, but it's mentioned in a few comments like this one:

Feb 25, 2006 7:29 AM
    T, this feels ridiculous, leaving you a myspace comment. I don't know where to start, or when to end. I wish that there was something that Hannah or I could have said or done on wednesday to make you realize just how much we all love you, and how much we'll miss you now you're gone. I feel like I should have payed just a bit more attention, given you a little more time, said something more, done something differently, so you wouldn't feel like you needed to leave us like this. I'm still hanging on to the belief that you didn't know the full consiquences of your actions, that you just wanted the nightmare of those few days to end, to fall asleep and wake up again without those tears. Even as I type this, I'm second doubting that. To be perfectly honest, I'm really pissed at you for leaving us like this. I'll never understand exactly why you did it, or why you had to leave all of us here, without a goodbye. None of us will ever be the same for it. Yeah, you screwed up on monday, everyone does at one point or another, but if you had just given it another day, another week, and it would have gotten better. But there's no opportunity to prove that now, or even say one last goodbye. We love you, and we'll miss you. I hope your happier now, wherever you are.

[quote author=decorusnex link=topic=6961.msg330151#msg330151 date=1178028318]
    That is what I am wondering.&nbsp; I don't understand why people who are young and have everything in front of them kill themselves. What could possibly be so messed up beyond repair that you have to resort to that measure?&nbsp; *sigh*
    [/quote]

depression is a bitch and some people are good at hiding it. It can make you physically sick and give you bad anxiety. It's a bitch to snap out of. Poor girl. Allot of people feel like there's no way out, that it will never get better.

Her page didn't seem like she was depressed. RIP

This person blames themselves for it:

http://209.85.129.104/search?q=cache...cd=8&amp;gl=us

crushing mt lungs as i have them repeat the words which should never be in the same sentence.
    Tiane. Killed. Herself. Last. Night.
    everything is spinning and suddenly im screaming
    &quot;im sorry but you guys are really making me upset so stop joking around&quot;
    then i see the tears in their eyes and realize that this once those words are in the same sentence for a reason.
    tiane killed herself last night.
    first thing i do is yell in denial.
    &quot;what hospital is she in?! i need to go see her! make sure my angel is ok! see if she needs me!&quot;
    they shake their heads and i see joe come forward
    &quot;everyone was called last night but no one could get a hold of you. so we all thought that the surfin gang should tell you.&quot;
    sam nods and says &quot;the guidance will let you skip the rest of the calsses if you need time to deal&quot;
    suddenly the are too many people.
    i only smell her. i see her hair dreaded by the salt water after we surf. i see her baby blue eyes matching the pool water when we went swimming in the middle of the night.
    i can almost feel her in my arms but then its gone and i realize i will never be able to hold her close again.
    my tue love you scorned me so many times but why didnt you give me the chance to scold you out of the idea?
    you said you loved me and that killing myself would never be the answer and the you always, ALWAYS, would be my person i could talk to but i cant help but wondering was i your person?
    i didnt have my cell anymore and it is my fault becasue i got my self grounded, i couldnt go online so is it my fault because you couldnt get ahold of me my love?
    or is it my fault because if i had never tried it first you wouldnt have the idea in your hea din the first place?
    i tis my fault. people say it isnt but i know deep down that i put that idea in your head.
    why am i so ignorent and stupid and idiotic and fucked up?!
    IT IS ALL MY FAULT BECAUSE I NOT ONLY TOLD YOU ABOUT SUICIDE BUT I DID NOT GET TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH THAT MY HEART BODY AND SOUL LOVED YOU MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER MIAGINE

i wrote this before i desided that maybe it wasnt completely my fault.

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=6961.msg330251#msg330251 date=1178031987]
    This person blames themselves for it:

http://209.85.129.104/search?q=cache...cd=8&amp;gl=us

crushing mt lungs as i have them repeat the words which should never be in the same sentence.
    Tiane. Killed. Herself. Last. Night.
    everything is spinning and suddenly im screaming
    &quot;im sorry but you guys are really making me upset so stop joking around&quot;
    then i see the tears in their eyes and realize that this once those words are in the same sentence for a reason.
    tiane killed herself last night.
    first thing i do is yell in denial.
    &quot;what hospital is she in?! i need to go see her! make sure my angel is ok! see if she needs me!&quot;
    they shake their heads and i see joe come forward
    &quot;everyone was called last night but no one could get a hold of you. so we all thought that the surfin gang should tell you.&quot;
    sam nods and says &quot;the guidance will let you skip the rest of the calsses if you need time to deal&quot;
    suddenly the are too many people.
    i only smell her. i see her hair dreaded by the salt water after we surf. i see her baby blue eyes matching the pool water when we went swimming in the middle of the night.
    i can almost feel her in my arms but then its gone and i realize i will never be able to hold her close again.
    my tue love you scorned me so many times but why didnt you give me the chance to scold you out of the idea?
    you said you loved me and that killing myself would never be the answer and the you always, ALWAYS, would be my person i could talk to but i cant help but wondering was i your person?
    i didnt have my cell anymore and it is my fault becasue i got my self grounded, i couldnt go online so is it my fault because you couldnt get ahold of me my love?
    or is it my fault because if i had never tried it first you wouldnt have the idea in your hea din the first place?
    i tis my fault. people say it isnt but i know deep down that i put that idea in your head.
    why am i so ignorent and stupid and idiotic and fucked up?!
    IT IS ALL MY FAULT BECAUSE I NOT ONLY TOLD YOU ABOUT SUICIDE BUT I DID NOT GET TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH THAT MY HEART BODY AND SOUL LOVED YOU MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER MIAGINE

i wrote this before i desided that maybe it wasnt completely my fault.
    [/quote]

Wow.&nbsp; I feel sorry for that person.&nbsp;

[quote author=missberi link=topic=6961.msg330260#msg330260 date=1178032310]
    Wow.&nbsp; I feel sorry for that person.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Me too.&nbsp; I'm totally enthralled with this one.

It doesn't seem like that one boy, Ace (?), was just infatuated with her.&nbsp; There are comments back and forth between them a few weeks before she died.

And the last few comments on her myspace before she died show that she was fighting with some friends.&nbsp; WHY DON'T THESE PEOPLE BLOG?!?!

Check this out:

http://me.glad.org/testimony.pdf.

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=6961.msg330293#msg330293 date=1178033334]
    Check this out:

[/quote]

How fucking heartbreaking.

Check this out:

[/quote]

It freezes up my screen.&nbsp; What is it?

[quote author=missberi link=topic=6961.msg330303#msg330303 date=1178033764]
    It freezes up my screen.&nbsp; What is it?
    [/quote]

The PDF:

TESTIMONY OF MICHELE DUVALL TO JOINT COMMITTEE ON THE JUDICIARY IN SUPPORT OF L.D. 1169
    My name is Michele Duval. I have lived in Eliot for 21 years. My daughter Tiane is now 16 and a sophomore at the Berwick Academy in South Berwick.

I am here today for all of the children who are or who think they are gay or lesbian. I’m here for the children who are tormented because other kids think that they are gay or lesbian. And I’m here for all of their parents, too, because without a change in the law those parents have no leverage to get schools to take steps to protect their kids from anti-gay harassment. I saw how anti-gay harassment hurt my child and I hope you will take this step to make it less likely to ever happen again.

Tiane is a good kid. She told me about a boy who was always being made fun of by other kids. She heard the anti-gay words other kids called him and one day spoke up when she heard someone being thrown against a locker and then saw this boy, red-faced and upset. She told the kids not to pick on him. The tormentors said, “You must be a lesbian.”

By the time Tiane got to middle school, many kids harassed her for being a lesbian – even though she is not. By the eighth grade at Marshwood Junior High School in Eliot, it was a crisis for Tiane personally, for her education, and for our family.

I know I don’t know the whole story because this was so painful for Tiane to talk about, but here are a few things I do know.

Just before Tiane started eighth grade, she begged me to let her transfer to another school. She wouldn’t say why, so I sent her off to Marshwood Junior High. What had happened is that one of her classmates had called other students claiming that Tiane “wanted to engage in ‘lesbian’ activities” with her. Tiane immediately called the girl, whose response was to say she knew it wasn’t true but to call Tiane a &quot;dyke&quot; and promise to make her eighth grade year &quot;a living hell&quot;. Tiane said there was “hatred in her tone of voice” and she spit out “dyke” and “lesbian” as brutal insults.
    The year was “a living hell” for Tiane. I remember a project she had in her home economics class about how to apply for a job. They were to role play a job interview with their teacher. Tiane was really enjoying this project and had prepared very fully the night before. She wanted to dress like a business woman for this mock interview. She borrowed a blazer from me and carefully dressed in her business apparel the next day. At dinner, I was eager to hear how her interview went, but she didn't want to talk about it and was very angry. All the enthusiasm was gone. I prodded a bit more not quite sure what had changed. Finally she blurted out, “The kids
    all called me a dyke in my business costume today.” It didn’t happen only in class; it happened all day long.
    Throughout that year, many times Tiane came home crying – literally drenched in tears -- ranting about how she was made fun of for being gay again. She said people would constantly comment “dyke” and “lezzie” at her as she walked through the halls. I know this same year that a physical threat was made against her (“die b____”) and she was called horrible names in emails from school mates.

She didn’t skip school, but sometimes she was too overwhelmed to face a day there. As a parent, I didn’t know what to do. I knew the situation wasn’t safe for her. I called the guidance counselor several times and related the kinds of things Tiane was experiencing at school. The counselor never took responsibility for addressing the situation. She never called Tiane to her office to say it wasn’t her fault. She and the administration made no efforts to discipline the perpetrators. There was no review of policy regarding such behavior or a school assembly addressing harassment or codes of conduct. I brought news clippings about a school that had a “no teasing agreement” among students, but they ignored that as well. (Coincidentally, when Tiane confidentially reported that some girls were cutting themselves, the school leapt into action.)

During this positively awful eighth grade year, Tiane had not a single friend. It was open season on her at school. Desperate, we applied to nearby Berwick Academy, but Tiane’s admission was uncertain and we could not afford the tuition. But when she was admitted, it felt like we had been thrown a life line. There is no way she could have survived another year like the eighth grade.

I borrowed the $17,000 to send Tiane there – which was more than I earned that year, and have since changed jobs and cut back on everything I can in order to pay tuition bills. Even though I’ll be in debt for years, it’s is the best investment I’ve ever made. Now Tiane is happy. Now she is learning. Now she is safe. I believe that Tiane was denied the benefits of a public education during those years of harassment, not to mention the blows to her confidence and sense of security and safety. I saw a sunny and confident girl sink like a stone, hiding in her “cave” of a room, with no friends, no one at all who felt like they could reach out to her. I think this law should pass so that no school can afford to ignore a child suffering this kind of discrimination – or his or her parents – ever again.
    Michelle Duval

RIP Tiane Duval

I wish you would have chose life. So many people loved you it seems.

Poor sweet thing.&nbsp; Her boyfriends comments are heartbreaking.&nbsp; How beautiful.&nbsp; How tragic.

Always so much sadder than the expected suicides.

Check this out:

[/quote]
    Dear, sweet, jesus.
    I can not believe for the life of me that people could be that cruel.
    If I EVER heard that my child was a bully I would KICK THEIR MOTHER FUCKING ASS.
    Okay.&nbsp; I feel better now.

Thread Information