Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pamela Meskus aka TinkerBelly (50) passed away after a courageous battle with lung cancer

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Her online Guestbook with Legacy.com expired on 10/13/2016 so I purchased the permanent version. I just could not bear the thought that anyone who clicked on her obituary would not be able to know what a truly wonderful woman she was.

It will now read: This Guest Book will remain online permanently courtesy of All of her MDS friends.

You can post your condolences here if you'd like to: http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/tel...ces/181034399?

Pam, there are not enough words to convey how much you will be missed. I can not imagine how much your hubby, your sons and your nieces must miss you.

RIP pretty lady...
    You're amazing, thank you for doing this

I didn't remain in contact with her at all, just would like her random pictures on FB of her woodworking stuff with her hubs and her nieces. Such a damn shame.

Also: fuck cancer

RIP Tink <3

(Cross-posting to FB)

Tonight I will have a drink in Tink's honor. Hoping to find something from a brewery in Massachusetts, but no promises. (Sorry Tink)

In 2006, Tink sent a PM to another member that bounced back to me because of en error with the server. In it, she talked about her husband's MRSA and bladder cancer/surgery. She closed the message with, "Oh ya and once again.... FUCK the monkey and her fake cancer." I believe this was a reference to FortuneMonkey, our LunchCancer asshole (Dawn Wells?).

Tink donated $22 in memory of Mindy Guidry back in June of 2007. She became a Premium member in December of 2007 ($19.95).

In 2009, Tink asked me about anonymously purchasing a Premium Membership for Delta9 ($34.95), which she did.

I will be rounding up the money she spent here at MDS to $100 and either making a donation in her honor to the Saint Vincent Cancer and Wellness Center in MA per her obituary or contacting Eric and purchasing something from the online shop E Turn Wood Art .

RIP Tink, thanks for being one of the nice ones. Sorry cancer got you and not FortuneMonkey.

Tink was from my hometown and I am friends with multiple family members on facespace. I remember feeling saddened for my friend Ashley that her auntie bubbles had passed away. I didn't even make the correlation until now - I wish I had known and we could have met up. RIP Tink - you were always super nice to me on here as I can imagine you were to most people in general.

Ugh. Absolutely horrible. Tink was always one of my favorite people here. Such a complete sweetheart. God, I can't even with words right now. I'll miss you, Tinkers.

RIP Tink. So sad.

Tink was one of the first people I really interacted with here. And she always would send me Facebook messages to check up on me because of my kidney stuff. Even when she was going through her own medical problems, she still took the time out to let me know she was thinking about me. When I had my surgery, she messaged me every day to see how I was feeling and healing up. That's just who she was. And I'm privileged to have know her in any capacity. RIP Tink. You are loved.

Wow! Look at some of the old members coming out of hiding to pay respects!

That's awesome you guys, she'd be tickled pink I'm sure. <3.

I'm thinking of all the peeps here that are hurting. She sounded so lovely. Your stories of her are beautiful 💜

much love Tink,RIP sweet lady

RIP Tink, you will be missed.

This still has me all messed up. I wish so hard I could have had the impact on her and her fight like she had for me. Such an amazing person. I say that with all honesty. Its not one of those you just say it cause they passed thing, Its real. Tink you are amazing. Thank you for everything you did for me.

Funny how someone you have never met in person can have such an impact on your life. My interwebz friends are better friends towards me than most of my irl friends.

Wow! Very sad news. Tink always seemed such a sweet person.
    RIP lovely lady.

I just saw that Tinkerbelly passed.... Though I haven't logged on much or posted anything in nearly.... 6 years?? I stay close to the boards and forums, and seeing this I wanted to pay my respects to her. She was fun, hilariously opinionated, memorable and one of the first people I met on MDS years ago. Damn, I wished I never waited so long to log on... You will be missed, Tink.
    Innocence: I am only stepping on your face because it lies in my path.

Tink you were always so kind to me and so funny. When i had my surgery you were so supportive and sweet and I'll never forget that.
    Im sorry for all those battles you had to face, but you always remained strong.
    Hope you're resting in paradise

-Janel

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Going through my fb I have one notification that I can't find the origin to, so I was searching hard through all the things like old messages, and I found some from Tink.

Fuck you cancer.

Tink, you were awesome.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

OMG, what? God Damn it. I really liked her
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Shut up, dick.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    I feel like shit for missing this, better late than never. You were so kind to me when I was going though some tough shit. Cancer sucks! So sad you're gone; you will be missed like crazy 😢

Gah, heartbreaking to come back and find old friends gone.
    RIP Tink

Quote Originally Posted by FacesOfDeath View Post
    I just saw that Tinkerbelly passed.... Though I haven't logged on much or posted anything in nearly.... 6 years?? I stay close to the boards and forums, and seeing this I wanted to pay my respects to her. She was fun, hilariously opinionated, memorable and one of the first people I met on MDS years ago. Damn, I wished I never waited so long to log on... You will be missed, Tink.
    -Cheyenne

So sorry to hear this. Tink was definitely one of the good ones - sweet, thoughtful, drama-free, always positive. Her hotel bedbug story will stay with me forever - it triggered a bit of bedbug OCD that I'll never overcome, so thanks for that, Tink! I created this avatar for her many years ago when she encouraged all of us to change our profile pics to "diffuse glow" for a reason I can't quite recall. I imagine she looks like this in the afterlife....all glowy and angelic. Rest in peace, Tinkerbelly.... you will be missed.

You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

She was one of my favorites.

:(

Tink was one of kind. I have no idea where she got the energy to do all she did for so many people. I bitched about not finding the wine I liked online and she found it and sent me several bottles. I got the pleasure of meeting her and her hubby in Myrtle. We had the best time. Dang, it's true that only the good die young. RIP tink xox

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatality View Post
    Tink was one of kind. I have no idea where she got the energy to do all she did for so many people. I bitched about not finding the wine I liked online and she found it and sent me several bottles. I got the pleasure of meeting her and her hubby in Myrtle. We had the best time. Dang, it's true that only the good die young. RIP tink xox
    I never had the pleasure of meeting Tink IRL, but we had a great connection. It's one of lives great mysteries why some good people art taken way too soon and why festering boils on the butt of humanity live on and on...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    (Cross-posting to FB)

Tonight I will have a drink in Tink's honor. Hoping to find something from a brewery in Massachusetts, but no promises. (Sorry Tink)

In 2006, Tink sent a PM to another member that bounced back to me because of en error with the server. In it, she talked about her husband's MRSA and bladder cancer/surgery. She closed the message with, "Oh ya and once again.... FUCK the monkey and her fake cancer." I believe this was a reference to FortuneMonkey, our LunchCancer asshole (Dawn Wells?).

Tink donated $22 in memory of Mindy Guidry back in June of 2007. She became a Premium member in December of 2007 ($19.95).

In 2009, Tink asked me about anonymously purchasing a Premium Membership for Delta9 ($34.95), which she did.

I will be rounding up the money she spent here at MDS to $100 and either making a donation in her honor to the Saint Vincent Cancer and Wellness Center in MA per her obituary or contacting Eric and purchasing something from the online shop E Turn Wood Art .

RIP Tink, thanks for being one of the nice ones. Sorry cancer got you and not FortuneMonkey.
    So... I failed to buy anything from the E Turn website in 2016. Clearly family stuff got in the way, but I need some wooden bowls now. Going to email Cynthia (Pam's sister) and find out if they still have any inventory. The website seems to have been taken over.... http://eturnwoodart.com/

Thread Information