Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RAF serviceman Corrie Mckeague (23) missing since 24 September 2016

RAF serviceman Corrie Mckeague (23) missing since 24 September 2016

This is near where I live. He was last seen on CCTV video walking by himself in the early hours of September 24th after a night out with friends. I'm really hoping they find him but I just don't have a good feeling about this.

"Vanished serviceman Corrie was last seen walking through the streets of quaint market town Bury St Edmunds in the early hours of Saturday September 24 after a night out with friends.
    The 23-year-old from Dunfermline is based at Suffolk?s RAF Honington base, 10 miles north of where he was last spotted.

The last credible sighting of Corrie was clocked at 3.24 am the day he went missing.
    Ever since, local police officers, military police representatives as well as volunteers have scoured miles of green belt land in the hope of finding Corrie.

On Tuesday afternoon two police units and a helicopter searched rural farm land, four miles outside of Bury St Edmunds.

It?s thought Corrie, who is known to regularly walk home from nights out, may have attempted to walk through farm land between Great Barton and his Honington base.

One police source involved in the search told The Courier that officers are well aware of the ?vast? area which may need to be covered.

The officer revealed the search party began by checking ditches close to the busy A413 road to ensure Corrie had not been struck by a vehicle before checking wild bushes and both public and private farm land.

He added that it?s thought Corrie stopped for a sleep in Bury St Edmunds before beginning his walk back to base.

The land which officers are targeting stretches for several miles, according to local home owners.

One property owner, Joanne Cole, the owner of nearby Westfield Farm, said part of the search zone had hosted a pheasant hunt days after Corrie disappeared.

Her eldest son witnessed a man walking through her field with a torch five days after Corrie was last seen.

She said: ?I quite often see people walking through the fields.

?But my son did say he saw someone with a flash light running through the field on Thursday night, but whether that was related to this I don?t know.

?I do know there was a pheasant hunt held last Saturday on part of the land and no one reported seeing anything.

?My daughter runs up and down here all the time too and she hasn?t seen anything.?

Julie Camp, who owns horses on the land being searched, added: ?The son of my husband?s friend was the one who let Corrie and his friends out the gate of the base on the Saturday night.

?Bury St Edmunds is a very quiet and crime free area. We don?t get things like this happening here.

?I hope nothing bad has happened, but the fields go on for miles.?

Earlier on Tuesday police revealed the search of a bin lorry thought to contain Corrie?s mobile phone had proved to be fruitless.

The vehicle was examined after Corrie?s Nokia Lumia phone was traced between Bury St Edmunds and Barton Mills.

However, officers have now confirmed the vehicle in question has been released.

Police have accessed multiple hours of CCTV footage from various businesses in Bury St Edmunds, but it?s understood no definite sighting of Corrie has been recorded since shortly before 3:30 am on the morning of Saturday September 24."

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/294996/missing-corrie-mckeague-police-searching-vast-area-hunt-missing-airman/

My parents were stationed at RAF Honnington. It's where they met and married. It's a hell of a walk to Bury. He looks completely wasted on the CCTV.

I've seen his mum posting on facebook about this. I really hope they find him but I don't think this can end well.

Right?! They're saying his phone last pinged in Barton Mills which would be quite a walk as well! I wouldn't even try to walk that during the day sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2Love View Post
    Right?! They're saying his phone last pinged in Barton Mills which would be quite a walk as well! I wouldn't even try to walk that during the day sober.
    My mum was telling me yesterday that his phone was found in the rubbish. It was stationary in a bin for ages and then a bin lorry emptied the bin and drove to Barton Mills where they traced the phone.

The article you posted vaguely mentions the bin lorry but it's not clear to me if it's saying they found the phone or not.

One of my friends insists on walking through fields in the middle of the night whilst drunk. I'm forever telling her that it's a really stupid idea.

If he's an active duty serviceman, wouldn't the Royal Air Force take over or at least help in the search for him? After all, at some point in time, won't he be AWOL? I'm not sure how it works in the UK.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-37566445

Teenagers 'potential witnesses' in airman search

Police searching for a missing RAF serviceman want to trace three teenagers spotted in Bury St Edmunds on the day of his disappearance.

Corrie Mckeague, 23, based at RAF Honington in Suffolk, vanished after a night out in the town 11 days ago.

Suffolk Police said the three young people aged between 16 and 18 were seen at Short Brackland at 04:20 BST on 24 September.

They could be "potential witnesses", the force said.

Acting Supt Kim Warner appealed to the trio: "We appreciate that getting in touch with police may be intimidating but we do need to speak to you.

"At this stage in the investigation we just need to talk to anyone who may have seen Corrie during his night out so we can build a picture."

One of the teenagers is described as a white female, of quite slim build, wearing either a dark green or navy blue jumper-style top.

The other two were both males, one wearing a hooded top.

They were seen towards the back of Cornhill Walk shopping centre, police said.

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    If he's an active duty serviceman, wouldn't the Royal Air Force take over or at least help in the search for him? After all, at some point in time, won't he be AWOL? I'm not sure how it works in the UK.
    The RAF are helping to look for him.

Wait a minute..had too edit bc I'm not familiar w your terminology & got confused.
    Did you mean his phone was in a trash can & the trash collecter dumped the trash can in the truck & thats the vehicle that was searched?
    Last edited by Lily Rivers; 10-05-2016 at 02:02 PM.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-37553943

Bin lorry released in missing airman search

A bin lorry seized by detectives searching for a missing airman has been released, after it was found not to contain his lost phone.

Police searched the lorry after finding its route matched the movements of Corrie Mckeague's mobile phone.

Mr Mckeague, 23, based at RAF Honington in Suffolk, vanished after a night out in Bury St Edmunds 10 days ago.

Police have appealed for anyone who has seen the Nokia Lumia 435 phone in a tattered black case to contact them.

Mr Mckeague was last spotted on CCTV walking alone and eating fast food in Bury St Edmunds at 03:20 BST on 24 September.

It is thought he stopped for a brief nap in a doorway before setting off to walk the nine miles (15km) back to his base alone.

Police said they were still exploring the "possibilities around where the phone may be and searches for it are continuing".

"The work shows the phone was in Bury St Edmunds early on Saturday 24 September but then moved to the Barton Mills area."

The phone, described as being in a PVC case, had not been used since 08:00 BST on the day Mr Mckeague went missing, police have said.

Officers again renewed their appeal for any sightings of Mr Mckeague, reiterating the message his mother Nicola Urquhart gave at a press conference in Bury on Monday when she urged any possible witnesses to contact the police.

Mrs Urquhart, of Dunfermline, Fife, said someone would have seen her "good-looking lad at three o'clock in the morning walking in a pink shirt and white trousers".

Police said they had received a "small number of calls" following the family's witness appeal.

Officers said they have also trawled through hours of CCTV in a bid to find Mr Mckeague, as a "key area of the investigation".

They have now asked people with private CCTV to view any footage from 24 September and to contact them if they thought it showed useful information.

The force also appealed for market traders setting up stalls in the early hours of the day McMckeague disappeared to come forward if they had not yet spoken to police.

Acting Supt Kim Warner, who is leading the inquiry, said: "If you were out in the Bury, Honington or Barton Mills area between Friday night and Saturday and saw Corrie we need to speak to you.

"He was wearing distinctive light clothing - a pink Polo shirt and white jeans or trousers - and was friendly and engaging with a number of people during the course of the evening.

"While we're particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have seen him after 03.20 BST on Saturday 24, we also need to talk to you if you saw him during the evening."

Searches for Mr Mckeague, who serves as a gunner in No 2 Squadron RAF Regiment, are continuing with help from Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue volunteers, the RAF and the National Police Air Service helicopter, which has been flying over the Bury area on Tuesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    The RAF are helping to look for him.
    Thanks. I watched a few of the YouTube vids about him. Hope they're able to find him:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...orrie+Mckeague

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    Wait a minute..had too edit bc I'm not familiar w your terminology & got confused.
    Did you mean his phone was in a trash can & the trash collecter dumped the trash can in the truck & thats the vehicle that was searched?
    That's what they originally thought had happened but apparently his phone wasn't in the truck.

I hope the teenagers come forward!

So I just drove past the five ways which is a large roundabout in the area of where his phone was pinged and police have a portion of it blocked off :( I'm hoping it's just a search party.

So I just drove past the five ways which is a large roundabout in the area of where his phone was pinged and police have a portion of it blocked off :( I'm hoping it's just a search party.
    Urgh I know that roundabout well. I'm originally from Watton, past Thetford. My parents still live there.

I hope it's just a search but he's been missing for so long now that I don't see how it can end well.

That roundabout is always crazy busy. Even at night you get all of the lorries. I hope he didn't try to cross it in the dark.

I read an article yesterday that said someone saw him heading towards Mildenhall. That isn't even in the right direction if he was heading for Honington. Of course I now can't find the article but it would make sense that they are looking at Barton Mills

Urgh I know that roundabout well. I'm originally from Watton, past Thetford. My parents still live there.

I hope it's just a search but he's been missing for so long now that I don't see how it can end well.

That roundabout is always crazy busy. Even at night you get all of the lorries. I hope he didn't try to cross it in the dark.

I read an article yesterday that said someone saw him heading towards Mildenhall. That isn't even in the right direction if he was heading for Honington. Of course I now can't find the article but it would make sense that they are looking at Barton Mills
    I have to take ale the five ways almost daily. It's a pain in the ass but the locals are pushing for change since there are so many accidents and such there. I really hope he didn't try to cross it either people come flying around there. I also thought that when they said he was heading back to the base. Mildenhall is the opposite direction but I kind of wondered if maybe he got a taxi and told them he was going to the RAF base and they assumed he meant RAF Mildenhall?

I have to take ale the five ways almost daily. It's a pain in the ass but the locals are pushing for change since there are so many accidents and such there. I really hope he didn't try to cross it either people come flying around there. I also thought that when they said he was heading back to the base. Mildenhall is the opposite direction but I kind of wondered if maybe he got a taxi and told them he was going to the RAF base and they assumed he meant RAF Mildenhall?
    They really do need to do something about that roundabout. They improved the Thetford road by creating the Elvedon bypass but did nothing about the terrible roundabout.

I hadn't thought that maybe he was taken to the wrong base. It would be easily done if he was drunk. If he was then confused about where he was when he was dropped off, or if he realised along the way that he was going to the wrong base, he could be anywhere.

"RAF and police search teams are currently walking the A11 Newmarket-bound carriageway near to Barton Mills as the hunt for Corrie McKeague continues.

The RAF Regiment gunner, 23, from RAF Honington was reported missing on Monday September 26 and was last seen on CCTV in Bury St Edmunds at 3.23am on Saturday September 24.

The searches in the Barton Mills area come after mobile phone location data found his phone was last on in the early hours of Saturday morning near to the Fiveways Roundabout.

Earlier this morning police searched between the Fiveways Roundabout and Icklingham, along the A1101.

Police continue their search for Corrie McKeague on the A11 near Fiveways Roundabout.
    Police continue their search for Corrie McKeague on the A11 near Fiveways Roundabout.
    Traffic is being allowed to flow slowly past the search teams, but delays should be expected as the whole road is being searched.

Corrie was last seen wearing a bright pink top and white trousers. Initial enquiries have led police to believe he may have tried to walk home from Bury to RAF Honington, where he lives.

He was known to walk home after nights out.

Police are also keen to trace three young people seen near to Cornhill Walk in Bury in the early hours of September 24.

If you have any information at all, no matter how uncertain you may be, please phone 101 urgently and ask for the Bury St Edmunds police station duty sergeant.

"

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/search_te...ills_1_4725676

That's what they originally thought had happened but apparently his phone wasn't in the truck.
    Ty,I was going by what McCourt said & got confused w the lingo and thought I read wrong. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    Ty,I was going by what McCourt said & got confused w the lingo and thought I read wrong. ��
    Wait--did I do/say something wrong? I hope not.

I think she just was confused with the wording. They were originally reporting that the truck had the phone in it, then they corrected themselves I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I think she just was confused with the wording. They were originally reporting that the truck had the phone in it, then they corrected themselves I believe.
    Okay, I don't want to give out any false or misleading information - especially in missing persons cases. This link was updated a few minutes ago, but I'm not sure how much is new info:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/192522...-part-of-hunt/

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2016-...ble-witnesses/

Missing Corrie police find three possible witnesses

Officers searching for missing airman Corrie McKeague say they are speaking to three possible witnesses.

The 23-year-old serviceman was reported missing after failing to return to RAF Honington in Suffolk.

He had been on a night out in Bury St Edmunds and was last seen in Brentgovel Street at around 3.20am on Saturday September 24.

Police have carried out checks in the town centre two weeks after he disappeared.

Officers spoke to a number of people and have identified possible new lines of enquiry.

They have traced three possible witnesses who were filmed on CCTV in Short Brackland near to the time Corrie was last seen.

CCTV has shown the area was comparatively busy between 3am and 6am and police need to trace and speak to all those who were there between these times.

What raisedbywolves said was right, Your wording was very diff than mine & got confused about if the phone was found in the trash bin or not. You said nothing wrong. Sorry, I didn't respond sooner but I haven't been on here. :)

Ty btw, raisedbywolves for explaining! :)

I was sure it was going to be him, but it's not.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7362536.html

Headless body found in suitcase in Derbyshire not missing RAF serviceman Corrie McKeague, police say

A dismembered body found in a suitcase in Derbyshire is not that of missing RAF serviceman Corrie McKeague, police have said.

The burned corpse, which had its head and limbs removed, was found by the side of a road in Derbyshire by a member of the public on Monday.

It raised concerns it could have been that of Mr McKeague, who has been missing since September, when he was last seen on a night out with friends in Bury St Edmunds.

However, a Suffolk Police spokesman said: "Following speculation around the discovery of the body of a man in a suitcase in a lay-by in Derbyshire, Suffolk Police can confirm officers have been in contact with Derbyshire Constabulary and have confirmed that the body found is not that of Corrie McKeague."

Thread Information