53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 77.36%
  • No

12 22.64%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you submit deaths?

Do you submit deaths?

Discuss! If there even is anything to discuss...

Re: Do you submit deaths?

I have before.  Its sad though when you have to do it for someone you knew.

I have, but they never got posted so I stopped (or maybe they did but I just don't come here often enough to see them).  I had a couple good ones too.  I wish I saved the links.

I did get an "Honorable Mention" for a freaky and bizarre death, but they guy had a MySpace with info, but no pics.

I submitted before I registered.  I try to from time to time now, but my last one took some effort to get it posted. :) 

deliberate_misuse

I've submitted many and some have been posted.  It's the least I can do since I'm too cheap to go for a premium membership.

If you submit deaths and they are not posted, just send an email to mydeathspace@gmail.com and let me know that you're a forum member and recently submitted something. I can search by the email you submitted through and will get them up.

We are currently at 3,800 unchecked emails so most are not posted right away.

I submit deaths, but they never get published.
    I'm a social pariah.

yeah I do.  I submitted two today.  I search through my local paper for the obits & look for ones I think might have myspaces.  That's how I submitted one today.  The other was a kid my nephew knew. :(
    American Witch, Crazy Bitch<br /><br />

Mike I submitted 2 so far and they haven't been posted.. I sent you an email letting you know the names of the people and the email address I sent them from...So i am hoping they get put up soon&nbsp;

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=6941.msg329434#msg329434 date=1177981760]
    If you submit deaths and they are not posted, just send an email to mydeathspace@gmail.com and let me know that you're a forum member and recently submitted something. I can search by the email you submitted through and will get them up.

[/quote]

I'm assuming those all aren't death submissions, but, jesus.&nbsp; good luck with that!

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=6941.msg329643#msg329643 date=1177989866]
    Mike I submitted 2 so far and they haven't been posted.. I sent you an email letting you know the names of the people and the email address I sent them from...So i am hoping they get put up soon&nbsp;
    [/quote]

DONE!

I submitted one a while back on Torie L. Phillips in Roanoke, VA. She was 16 and died August 23rd if I remember correctly. I haven't seen it posted anywhere and I just figured it wasn't because I was a n00b or that maybe I had submitted it incorrectly.

[quote author=Wildgem link=topic=6941.msg329888#msg329888 date=1177995599]
    I submitted one a while back on Torie L. Phillips in Roanoke, VA. She was 16 and died August 23rd if I remember correctly. I haven't seen it posted anywhere and I just figured it wasn't because I was a n00b or that maybe I had submitted it incorrectly.
    [/quote]
    That's always what I wounder, If I did it right or not. I've tried submitting 2 different deaths.
    Dumb question but if you submit it in the additional information needed, and it gets solved, can it still be posted as a death?
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=6941.msg329434#msg329434 date=1177981760]

[/quote]

I just sent you an email listing the 31 deaths I submitted which have not been posted.&nbsp; :-)

[quote author=sbsweetypie link=topic=6941.msg329947#msg329947 date=1177998743]
    That's always what I wounder, If I did it right or not. I've tried submitting 2 different deaths.
    Dumb question but if you submit it in the additional information needed, and it gets solved, can it still be posted as a death?
    [/quote]

Yeah, I thought mine were submitted incorrectly, or weren't &quot;interesting&quot; (sorry, that's the only word I can think of) enough.

I'm pretty sure the threads in the Solved section get moved/merged with threads in the article discussion.&nbsp; But it can't hurt to submit them.&nbsp; I guess.

It's weird but I've noticed there are a lot of dead Virgos...

Please realize we have to verify these deaths prior to posting them.&nbsp; If a link is broken or the &quot;article&quot; is the girlfriends blog, we have to dig deeper.&nbsp; We get submissions with just a cause of death and a MS.&nbsp; :|&nbsp; To be honest, they go to the bottom of the list for me.&nbsp; It is not a &quot;1-2-3 and it's posted&quot; process.&nbsp; The more reliable info, the better.

I wanna help post deaths... I love research... =/

I try to provide news links with all of mine...

Yeah, I don't send anything in unless I have news links, and I try to refrain from sending in &quot;alleged&quot; murderers.

I wonder if I submit too many deaths... I srsly send in like, 10-15 a day &gt;.&lt;

[quote author=Wildgem link=topic=6941.msg329888#msg329888 date=1177995599]
    [/quote]

I've submitted several and many of them have been posted - even as a n00b.&nbsp; I submitted 4 or 5 yesterday - I'm home, sick , and bored .&nbsp; There are quit a few I haven't posted because I can't find a match @ SSDI or no obit or news article.

i've submitted a few australian deaths, but i always pick the ones everyone else has submitted also. doh.

carly ryan, abe radloff and the 'suicide girls'; stephanie and jodie.

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=AstridAsteroid link=topic=6941.msg333129#msg333129 date=1178124380]
    I wonder if I submit too many deaths... I srsly send in like, 10-15 a day &gt;.&lt;
    [/quote]

:-o

Do you guys find that the news regularly fabricates information in the deaths of our family and friends to make it sound more interesting? Maybe its not the case here, but my friend Clint Gilmore just passed away and one newspaper randomly posted that he was attempting a wheelie on his motorcycle and lost control.... and that's not true in the least bit!! I kinda of ticked me off that they would just post an article without researching the incident or anything... just going off of hearsay.

[quote author=jamiga link=topic=6941.msg340309#msg340309 date=1178392712]
    Do you guys find that the news regularly fabricates information in the deaths of our family and friends to make it sound more interesting? Maybe its not the case here, but my friend Clint Gilmore just passed away and one newspaper randomly posted that he was attempting a wheelie on his motorcycle and lost control.... and that's not true in the least bit!! I kinda of ticked me off that they would just post an article without researching the incident or anything... just going off of hearsay.

[/quote]

&quot;If it bleeds, it leads.&quot;&nbsp; &nbsp; The news media, and the rest of the world love this shit despite what they may think about MDS.

Thread Information