Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marisa Strydom (34) died while climbing Mt Everest in an attempt to prove that 'vegans can do anything'

Marisa Strydom (34) died while climbing Mt Everest in an attempt to prove that 'vegans can do anything'

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 03:39 PM.

Yep vegans can do everything, including die on Everest. Well done.

If I learned anything from the movie Everest, it is you will probably die if you try to climb it. If you do live, you could possibly look like this:

DO.NOT.WANT
    Attached Images Attached Images

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yep, I'm cool down here with all my fingers, toes and my face.

I am, as well. Why would anyone attempt such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    If I learned anything from the movie Everest, it is you will probably die if you try to climb it. If you do live, you could possibly look like this:

DO.NOT.WANT
    Totally fascinated with all things Everest.

That's Beck Weathers, the doctor that survived the 1996 storm that inspired the recent Everest movie.

If you want to see really creepy stuff, google bodies on Everest. The bodies don't really decay, they just freeze, and for the most part they leave them where they fall. Pics are NSFW.

There has been controversy over the fact that people sometimes climb over people who are dying, instead of helping them. David Sharp is a example of someone that this happened to. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Sharp_(mountaineer) It kind of makes you sad for humanity, but then you also realize that it's sometimes your life or theirs on the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Totally fascinated with all things Everest.

If you want to see really creepy stuff, google bodies on Everest. The bodies don't really decay, they just freeze, and for the most part they leave them where they fall. Pics are NSFW.
    Green Boots
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

The thing that I do not get is, people actually pay money to climb the mountain!

I kind of feel bad for the people that die on Everest, partly because they are stuck there forever, and they really thought they could do it. The other part of me doesn't feel bad for them. Most of them are adrenaline junkies, and they knew the dangers ahead of time. When you need to be supplemented oxygen while climbing, you are ignoring natures way of saying "your body is not meant to do this shit".

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I feel bad for the Sherpas and the guides who leave kids behind. The selfish climbers - not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I feel bad for the Sherpas and the guides who leave kids behind. The selfish climbers - not so much.
    I feel bad for the kids that lost parents, the wives/partners/husbands left behind, but not the guides. The guides knew their job was dangerous. A guide on any other mountain I can empathize with, but not Everest. There are reminders everywhere in the form of dead bodies of former hikers. It's just not safe. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I feel bad for the kids that lost parents, the wives/partners/husbands left behind, but not the guides. The guides knew their job was dangerous. A guide on any other mountain I can empathize with, but not Everest. There are reminders everywhere in the form of dead bodies of former hikers. It's just not safe. Period.
    The thing is the Sherpas pretty much rely on the climbing tourism to live. It has changed their lives. I have very mixed feelings. I don't think Everest should be a tourist attraction, but I think it has helped many Nepalese families to have a decent quality of life. They consider it like a birth right...their father's were Sherpas and taught them to climb at a young age, and they do the same for their kids. Certain families are known as 'the Sherpas to get' and have a reputation and make their entire living from it.

The problem is when climbing Everest went from being only elite climbers, to basically anyone that could pay the fee.

I am fascinated with Everest and all that it entails. I am super fascinated with the death stories that go along with it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rtly-died.html

Australia's youngest Everest conqueror reveals she passed stricken climber Maria Strydom on the mountain shortly before she died
    Have you seen the movie Everest yet?? Its really pretty good I think you'd probably like it if you're really into it that much.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Have you seen the movie Everest yet?? Its really pretty good I think you'd probably like it if you're really into it that much.
    I have. I have also seen "Into Thin Air" based on Jon Krakauer's book. He was a journalist on the doomed 1996 climb. I highly recommend it!

It really sucked that the Asian lady had to die and it was supposed to be like her final climb or something like that.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

I read somewhere that a Sherpa's widow was unable to file an insurance death claim because she couldn't "prove" he died. I mean WTF? He went to work one day on Everest and now he's dead and she's supposed to go find the body so she can get her insurance claim? I think the people who employ the sherpas need to do more to take care of these employees' families if they die on the job.

I read somewhere that a Sherpa's widow was unable to file an insurance death claim because she couldn't "prove" he died. I mean WTF? He went to work one day on Everest and now he's dead and she's supposed to go find the body so she can get her insurance claim? I think the people who employ the sherpas need to do more to take care of these employees' families if they die on the job.
    That sounds like Libtard talk to me.

I don't know what a libtard is.

And this title made me spit my coffee on my keyboard shiiiiiiiiiit
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

I HATE people that do stupid shit like this, being referred to as heroic.

How is risking the lives of others & potentially placing your family in lifelong medical/medivac debt or lifelong grief & loss, "heroic"?

It's as self-centered & selfish as fuck.

That Everest movie was on the other night & every fucking minute of it PISSED ME OFF.

Fuck all of these people.

Whether they're meat eaters or vegans they're all exactly the same kind of person anyway > arseholes.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    So, in conclusion, she proved that Vegans can't do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    So, in conclusion, she proved that Vegans can't do anything.
    Right. Now pass me that steak!

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I HATE people that do stupid shit like this, being referred to as heroic.

How is risking the lives of others & potentially placing your family in lifelong medical/medivac debt or lifelong grief & loss, "heroic"?

It's as self-centered & selfish as fuck.

That Everest movie was on the other night & every fucking minute of it PISSED ME OFF.

Fuck all of these people.

Whether they're meat eaters or vegans they're all exactly the same kind of person anyway > arseholes.
    I agree. There is nothing heroic about climbing a mountain. Its the height of selfishness. I mean why not just get it over and done with before one has children?

This kinda stuff makes no sense to me. They say your body starts to die when you reach a certain altitude. Then you have to depend on someone else to get you down before you die. Screw that! It amazes that knowing that fact, ppl still wanna climb it. Plus, I can't stand the cold where I live, no way am I going into subzero conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    This kinda stuff makes no sense to me. They say your body starts to die when you reach a certain altitude. Then you have to depend on someone else to get you down before you die. Screw that! It amazes that knowing that fact, ppl still wanna climb it. Plus, I can't stand the cold where I live, no way am I going into subzero conditions.
    If it gets below 65 I can't handle it, and I am absolutely terrified of heights and have vertigo. I think my fascination with it is more of a fearful fascination. I don't understand how/why people do it, but I guess I find it to be a morbid curiosity that they do.

Its the height of selfishness.
    hhehhehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Thread Information